Page 474 of 528 FirstFirst ... 374 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 524 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,220 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I want to buy a copy of Another Version of The Truth on Blu-ray. How do I know if I'm buying a legitimate copy on eBay? I've seen two different versions/covers.
    As far as I recall, the only version of the 1-disc Blu-ray for Another Version of the Truth: The Gift was released in a tri-fold digipak, which you can see here: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/2850281

So all those Blu-rays on eBay in keepcases (from Hungary and Russia) are bootlegs.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    As far as I recall, the only version of the 1-disc Blu-ray for Another Version of the Truth: The Gift was released in a tri-fold digipak, which you can see here: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/2850281

So all those Blu-rays on eBay in keepcases (from Hungary and Russia) are bootlegs.
    Tri fold Digi? Mine just came in a regular DVD case (I bought it new too)...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Tri fold Digi? Mine just came in a regular DVD case (I bought it new too)...
    Are you thinking about the 3-disc DVD set, or the 2-DVD 1-BD set? Those came in a DVD-sized keepcase.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Are you thinking about the 3-disc DVD set, or the 2-DVD 1-BD set? Those came in a DVD-sized keepcase.
    I bought the 2dvd 1br disc version.

Ended up putting the DVDs in an old PS2 2 disc case and the BR in a standard BluRay case and slid the sticker into it, wrapped around, to serve as "artwork".

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I bought the 2dvd 1br disc version.
    Yeah, as I said, that and the 3-DVD version came in DVD-sized keepcases. TOIOU also put out 1-disc DVD and 1-disc BD versions of just "The Gift" disc, which came in digipaks. All those eBay listings of Blu-ray keepcases appear to be foreign bootlegs.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I want to buy a copy of Another Version of The Truth on Blu-ray. How do I know if I'm buying a legitimate copy on eBay? I've seen two different versions/covers.
    I still have a bunch of the blu-rays that I offered to reddit a few days ago. Let me know if you want one.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I really hope there's a version of "The Way It Used To Be" on a forthcoming NIN release.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I really hope there's a version of "The Way It Used To Be" on a forthcoming NIN release.
    Having seen her perform solo recently, I'd LOVE to hear what Lisa Fischer would do with that song onstage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever mentioned his favorite/least favorite NIN albums?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    I am working from memory here but I remember in the last year or 2 him mentioning that he started liking With Teeth more. I also got the idea that he doesn't love Hesitation Marks so much from a comment he made not really feeling connected to the guy he was making that record.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The fact that all those unreleased NIN tracks appeared on the third Watchmen LP makes me think that these liner notes are all we'll ever get, that the songs will now never be released.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If I could choose one song for Trent/NIN to cover, it'll be A Small Plot of Land by Bowie.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Regardless of whatever controversy occurred around Danny Hyde and the Recoiled mixes, he did a damn good job on them. I would welcome him doing some more remixes for NIN if they ever go down that path again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Like someone mentioned previously, he mentioned a while back that he didn’t dig Hesitation Marks as much then as he did during the making of it.

He also stated at one point that he thought The Slip sounded really weird. And I think he may also have been affected a lot by the initial reception The Fragile got.

But everything seems subject to change with Trent. After all, The Perfect Drug finally became somewhat of a live staple and a few more songs from Hesitation Marks made their way into some
    of the 2018 set lists after a year’s time where they only really played Copy of A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent & Atticus have ever been offered to theme a Bond film.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I was playing Bloodborne today and did the visceral attack to the giant pig enemies. It then occurred to me that as I was effectively a gaunt pale man garbed in black fisting a pig, this could be perhaps considered one of the more authentic 90's NIN experiences I could hope for.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This must be the worst looking NIN "stage" I've ever seen. I get that it's not theirs but just the festival setup, but still... way too high and this piece of black... tarpaulin, is it? Fucking ugly

I don't know what they agreed to play so many daylight shows on that tour, especially after adding a new screen to their production for the summer tour.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-17-2020 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I saw mention of TDS and The Fragile being available on Tidal as MQA. While MQA will sound different due to the dithering techniques used, be aware that it's not all that "Master", especially how it's streamed.

First, MQA is lossy. Just something to be aware of. Essentially (and simply), two streams are packed together (96/24 and 48/16) to make something equivalent to a stream at 48/24. MQA takes a special player/decoder, so if you don't have that you're getting 48/16 at best with an additional loss of about 3 bits. Meaning you're probably listening to these at 44/13, since mobile DACs can be stupid.

Again though, these will sound different. That part is not snake oil.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just found the best Ghosts Film Festival submission ever

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I saw mention of TDS and The Fragile being available on Tidal as MQA. While MQA will sound different due to the dithering techniques used, be aware that it's not all that "Master", especially how it's streamed.

First, MQA is lossy. Just something to be aware of. Essentially (and simply), two streams are packed together (96/24 and 48/16) to make something equivalent to a stream at 48/24. MQA takes a special player/decoder, so if you don't have that you're getting 48/16 at best with an additional loss of about 3 bits. Meaning you're probably listening to these at 44/13, since mobile DACs can be stupid.

Again though, these will sound different. That part is not snake oil.
    Some mobile DACs will deliver real 24bit depth and decode MQA onboard. I have a portable player made by a company called HiBy, it's about the size of an iPod and it will decode MQA natively, as well as stream it from Tidal over Wi-Fi. The idea behind MQA is to make one streaming source that's compatible with hi-res AND with lo-res devices, kind of like how video streaming services will switch resolution (depending on how fast your connection is, or how many pixels your screen supports) while the source file is converted on the delivery side and delivered at highest possible quality if your device supports it. Sure, it's always better to watch an uncompressed lossless video, but they're never going to put those on Netflix (I'm aware that at least one streaming service, Qobuz, has the ability to stream hi-res FLAC, but they're an outlier and not available in too many markets).

If it meets the criteria of "lossy", then so be it, I still have a really difficult time telling the difference between 24bit uncompressed hi-res and MQA encoded from the same source. But, with all that said, using the MQA format is still kinda dumb for The Downward Spiral, because the master was always 44.1kHz/16bit (or, at best, upsampled from that in the versions remastered by Bob Ludwig in 2004 and Tom Baker in 2016). I don't know what source they used for The Fragile, but a 24bit un-dithered 48kHz source would be just as good or better than MQA. Will have to compare with other editions to make a final call on whether it's worthwhile.
    Last edited by botley; 08-12-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Listening to Further Down The Spiral for the first time in ages.. somehow I never caught that Bowie sample in Self Destruction pt 2 until now! I'm glad that I put off getting too familiar with the remix records, they always sound so wild & fresh when I visit them.

On that note.. I would love to see the OG remix albums repressed on vinyl someday (Fixed, FDTS, TFA)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    On that note.. I would love to see the OG remix albums repressed on vinyl someday (Fixed, FDTS, TFA)
    Can confirm that Fixed and Things Falling Apart on 'o' vinyl sounds pretty damned good. I'd love for FDTS to get a deluxe treatment and incorporate the UK and US tracks together....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Listening to Further Down The Spiral for the first time in ages.. somehow I never caught that Bowie sample in Self Destruction pt 2 until now! I'm glad that I put off getting too familiar with the remix records, they always sound so wild & fresh when I visit them.

I remember hearing it as a 17 year old and thinking, "that sounds like Bowie" but not knowing the reference. Now, if you go and look up the track it's from, "Time", it's SO good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm a Stone Sour fan and saw today that on their off time, they're doing limited flash sales of vintage shirts of theirs that have been out of print for a long time. Which brings me to the fact that I wish Nine Inch Nails would do something like that. I missed out on the stonewashed Now I'm Nothing shirts and would love for them to do a new batch of them (stonewashed or regular. Could do older tour shirts too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I'm a Stone Sour fan and saw today that on their off time, they're doing limited flash sales of vintage shirts of theirs that have been out of print for a long time. Which brings me to the fact that I wish Nine Inch Nails would do something like that. I missed out on the stonewashed Now I'm Nothing shirts and would love for them to do a new batch of them (stonewashed or regular. Could do older tour shirts too.
    Radiohead is doing this with their Library - tons of old shirt designs are back from the dead!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    A new NIN EP coinciding with the RnR Hall of Fame would not only be extremely welcome, it'd also be good for business.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    A new NIN EP coinciding with the RnR Hall of Fame would not only be extremely welcome, it'd also be good for business.
    Hot damn.
    You might just be on to something.

As in, this is a very real possibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is Bad Witch part of a trilogy or was that idea nixed when it became an LP?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So is Bad Witch part of a trilogy or was that idea nixed when it became an LP?
    It is the conclusion of the trilogy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just listening"Fixed" in headphones... it's been a while since I've enjoyed the density and production of it this way. So good.