Page 517 of 517 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517
Results 15,481 to 15,504 of 15504

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #15481
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I don't get some new shit from NIN soon, I'm going to kill some puppies.

  2. #15482
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,374
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    If I don't get some new shit from NIN soon, I'm going to kill some puppies.
    Seems drastic. What did you do between The Fragile and With Teeth??

  3. #15483
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Seems drastic. What did you do between The Fragile and With Teeth??
    He started a puppy mill. None of them ever got adopted...

  4. #15484
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

  5. #15485
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know where else to post this but The Fragile is my favorite album. It's so fucking hard and intense. That's all.

  6. #15486
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,861
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglachel81 View Post
    I don't know where else to post this but The Fragile is my favorite album. It's so fucking hard and intense. That's all.
    FYI: I believe this is generally accepted as The Fragile Appreciation thread: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...to-The-Fragile

    But you can certainly share that thought here, too! I'm ready for it to come out of it's vinyl hiatus.

  7. #15487
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    [RESTRICTED]
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My random NIN thought.

    I want some NIN teasers, I want a drop of a short synth loop, I want a sign of life, I want to watch a new album grow like I did before.

  8. #15488
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    After re-watching the Gift performance of Head Down, I feel like it needs to make a return to the setlists. Swap out 1,000,000 or Discipline since they've been played enough.

  9. #15489
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,036
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    are we really going to hit the 1 year anniversary of the halsey collab with no new nin music?

  10. #15490
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    are we really going to hit the 1 year anniversary of the halsey collab with no new nin music?
    Not really surprised. Trent mentioned the other day that they're finishing up a film score, and I'm sure earlier in the year they were finishing up work on Bones & All. I don't know if they've had time to work on NIN stuff around all that plus touring. I'm sure we'll have new Trent & Atticus music by the end of the year, but new NIN might have to wait a bit longer.

  11. #15491
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,374
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    I bet they have been doing both simultaneously. Whether we will get to hear it...

  12. #15492
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I bet they have been doing both simultaneously. Whether we will get to hear it...
    I wonder how much unreleased or scrapped NIN music there is. Outtakes or stuff he deemed not good enough. There’s the little bits and pieces we may know about like “Just Do It”, the original follow up to Add Violence and possibly those With Teeth songs we have lyrics for but there’s probably so much we don’t even know about. Deviations 1 was a huge pleasant surprise.

  13. #15493
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,095
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    I don't think the vault of unreleased, unseen and unheard stuff is that big actually... The guy is notoriously eco-friendly when it comes to ideas and stems and chances are we already heard most of it, recycled in the form of collaborations or soundtracks. Deviations 1 actually showed us that.

  14. #15494
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I wonder how much unreleased or scrapped NIN music there is. Outtakes or stuff he deemed not good enough. There’s the little bits and pieces we may know about like “Just Do It”, the original follow up to Add Violence and possibly those With Teeth songs we have lyrics for but there’s probably so much we don’t even know about. Deviations 1 was a huge pleasant surprise.
    I'd guess that the amount of stuff worth pursuing to completion but not released isn't as much as you'd think. Yes, we ended up getting Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity a few years later, but they also played those live during those tours, so they weren't completely unreleased. As for the other With Teeth songs mentioned on the lyrics poster, who knows if they were completed or not. There's probably lots of demos and things, like what was released in that iTunes Interview with Hesitation Marks which was clearly demo quality and not anywhere near final.

    Deviations 1 was probably the exception to that since we have known for years there was a ton of extra material from The Fragile sessions. Most of that unreleased stuff they put on there is basically demos that they cleaned up and mastered, only one or two songs on there stated "Instrumental" meaning there were ever lyrics accompanying it.

    I haven't heard of any follow up to Add Violence that was scrapped. I think they just did Bad Witch next and abandoned the EP trilogy idea, but I don't think there's an unreleased album from between those sessions.

  15. #15495
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'd guess that the amount of stuff worth pursuing to completion but not released isn't as much as you'd think. Yes, we ended up getting Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity a few years later, but they also played those live during those tours, so they weren't completely unreleased. As for the other With Teeth songs mentioned on the lyrics poster, who knows if they were completed or not. There's probably lots of demos and things, like what was released in that iTunes Interview with Hesitation Marks which was clearly demo quality and not anywhere near final.

    Deviations 1 was probably the exception to that since we have known for years there was a ton of extra material from The Fragile sessions. Most of that unreleased stuff they put on there is basically demos that they cleaned up and mastered, only one or two songs on there stated "Instrumental" meaning there were ever lyrics accompanying it.

    I haven't heard of any follow up to Add Violence that was scrapped. I think they just did Bad Witch next and abandoned the EP trilogy idea, but I don't think there's an unreleased album from between those sessions.
    I can’t remember where but I’m sure there was an interview where Trent or Atticus were talking about how the original last EP of the trilogy was too “predictable” or “forced” or something so they went back to the drawing board. I don’t imagine there were many if any songs that survived maybe just ideas or fragments but I’m just curious.

    I can’t see any possible unreleased material released without a good reason, we know how Trent is a bit of a perfectionist so I don’t ever expect him too. I’m just curious how much there is.

    I get the feeling there is much more unreleased video footage than audio floating around in the vaults. Self Destruct pro shot (officially), multiple Tension shows and I think there were a few With Teeth club shows recorded. Brixton Academy? And god knows what else!

  16. #15496
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I get the feeling there is much more unreleased video footage than audio floating around in the vaults. Self Destruct pro shot (officially), multiple Tension shows and I think there were a few With Teeth club shows recorded. Brixton Academy? And god knows what else!
    Video recordings is one thing we know is in their vaults. All the Wave Goodbye club shows were filmed, only a few videos made it out. Tension was filmed, but I think only what was posted to YouTube was finished. I doubt they went through the trouble of editing the whole concert only to use half of it for streaming. I'm sure there many more shows that were filmed with video.

    I think it's safe to say that pretty much every NIN show has a soundboard recording, likely starting with 1994 shows, but especially since 2005 with digital consoles, it's just too easy to record the main outs.

  17. #15497
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish I was spotting some new NIN. But alas, all I've got are hope and dreams that they'll throw something our way this month before the tour starts

  18. #15498
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    All the Wave Goodbye club shows were filmed.
    Except for the Webster Hall show.

  19. #15499
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Except for the Webster Hall show.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't at least a camera setup at FOH to capture the show, knowing that they were playing TDS in full for the first time. I was there, but I have no recollection of seeing cameras or not.

  20. #15500
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't at least a camera setup at FOH to capture the show, knowing that they were playing TDS in full for the first time. I was there, but I have no recollection of seeing cameras or not.
    It wasn't recorded because they couldn't come to an agreement with the venue about it. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it had something to do with the venue wanting to charge them a bunch of money to do it. Someone who remembers better than I do can chime in on that.

  21. #15501
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It wasn't recorded because they couldn't come to an agreement with the venue about it. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it had something to do with the venue wanting to charge them a bunch of money to do it. Someone who remembers better than I do can chime in on that.
    This sounds familiar. I could be wrong but I feel like the band put something out there telling people to bring recording equipment because of this. There's a chance that was another show and I am not remembering correctly but I think that was a thing.

  22. #15502
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It wasn't recorded because they couldn't come to an agreement with the venue about it. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it had something to do with the venue wanting to charge them a bunch of money to do it. Someone who remembers better than I do can chime in on that.
    That sounds somewhat familiar, but it's weird that if the venue wouldn't allow the band to record, that they let fans do it openly. Either way, we have a great document of that performance anyway with the TOIOU release.

  23. #15503
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I believe it was Live Nation that was insisting on getting paid to film for that one. They (or someone like them) owned the rights to film there or something like that.

  24. #15504
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    One of the coolest pictures of TR, spin Jan 00

    The Sandman

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions