Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27 427 477 517 525 526 527
Results 15,781 to 15,809 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Love Is Not Enough has gotta be a reference to Twin Peaks, right? The title, at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same thing on my recent rewatch of Peaks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was going crazy today because the plucking 'acoustic' guitar in Station to Station by David Bowie reminded me of a NIN song... I thought at first it was Eraser but no, it's 3 Ghosts I. Okay not the same melody but the timbre is almost identical.
    Anyone else hear it, or is it just me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Was going crazy today because the plucking 'acoustic' guitar in Station to Station by David Bowie reminded me of a NIN song... I thought at first it was Eraser but no, it's 3 Ghosts I. Okay not the same melody but the timbre is almost identical.
    Anyone else hear it, or is it just me?
    I suppose the tone is similar now that you mention it

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So the way I see it we are currently in our longest stretch of time between proper NIN albums. When I say proper I mean an album that it is not a score, a collaboration or an all instrumental album. The EP's I consider proper NIN albums. As of typing this it has been 2,063 days since Bad Witch was released. The longest span of time we have seen other than this was between The Fragile and With Teeth, that lasted 2,051 days. To say I am jonesing for a new NIN album would be an understatement. This current drought sucks. I do appreciate the scores and all of the other work being produced but man new NIN would be really great right about now!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It also feels like there was 0 news on anything else (e.g. scores) for ages.
    Even though actually The Killer score came out 3 months ago... Because of zero press promotion of both The Killer and TNMT, it feels like 3 years instead.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Halsey's album has kept me going for the past three years. I wanna hear them do more raw and exciting shit like that, less like the (bad) WitchGang.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There's been a ton of stuff released since Bad Witch, but none of it comes close to a proper NIN release. Ghosts V and VI gave me the impression it was assembled from left overs very last minute without much advance thought. Given they're the only halos without any physical releases, I almost forget they exist sometimes. The score work has become less interesting to me over time. Watchmen was really cool, and Soul has some really nice moments. Other than those two though, the rest got played once or twice. I feel like as they've gotten deeper into scoring work, they're taking on more projects and the end result sounds like more generic score music. Not to say it doesn't have merit or anything, but it just doesn't feel as interesting to listen to apart from the film. The Halsey album is great, but it's definitely not a NIN album. I was really hoping something was going to happen with NIN last year, so hopefully this year we'll get something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Realistically, I'm hoping for a 2026 NIN tour and/or album. Either one would be more than enough to get my fix.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Had chat gbt predict the next record. April of this year baby!

**Album Title:** "Beyond the Veil"
    **Release Date:** April 27, 2024

**Track Listing:**
    1. Prologue
    2. Veil of Shadows
    3. Echoes of Time
    4. Digital Dreams
    5. The Edge of Reality
    6. Fractured Memories
    7. Ghosts of Tomorrow
    8. Into the Unknown
    9. The Last Transmission
    10. Ascension
    11. Epilogue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Had chat gbt predict the next record. April of this year baby!

**Release Date:** April 27, 2024

**Track Listing:**
    1. Prologue
    2. Veil of Shadows
    3. Echoes of Time
    4. Digital Dreams
    5. The Edge of Reality
    6. Fractured Memories
    7. Ghosts of Tomorrow
    8. Into the Unknown
    9. The Last Transmission
    10. Ascension
    11. Epilogue
    This sounds like a Chrono Trigger themed album and I am 100% onboard for that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

It needs to include a cover of "Beyond the Wheel" by Soundgarden, boy oh boy would that be epic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Talking of people being sued for logo infringement… https://www.instagram.com/p/C3hjPk9C...9pdm9wM3NseA==

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I have a feeling NIN is...yeah, i'll say it. i don't wanna...
    But i think NIN is almost over.

I always assumed, and it's all over this board, that by this point, he'd be doing "Still" type shows.
    But instead, it's been fucktons of film scores, and the Halsey record.

I'm just hoping for at least ONE more album at this point.

I DO wonder what trent is writing, though, and i hope to GOD it's the Year Zero show, or a Year Zero book.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If Trent and Atticus decide to put it to bed, I won't be surprised. They've both got families to take care of, and doing film scores requires a lot less time away from home than doing a NIN album and touring for it. I would love for there to be more, but I feel like waiting for some grand finale is kind of futile. Trent already waved goodbye once, so I don't see him doing that again, at least in the same way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got a decent turntable and finally listened to my NIN definitive edition vinyls. I like it. It's different in a good way.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Does anyone else feel like the highlighting of March of the Pigs’s 30th anniversary is weirdly conspicuous when the social accounts normally don’t highlight anniversaries in this manner? I wondered if maybe some kind of TDS 30th anniversary release could be brewing, but then while writing this I remembered that MOTP was in Fortnite a short while ago, so now it just kind of feels like brand synergy. So maybe this entire post is pointless, lol…

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the highlighting of March of the Pigs’s 30th anniversary is weirdly conspicuous when the social accounts normally don’t highlight anniversaries in this manner? I wondered if maybe some kind of TDS 30th anniversary release could be brewing, but then while writing this I remembered that MOTP was in Fortnite a short while ago, so now it just kind of feels like brand synergy. So maybe this entire post is pointless, lol…
    If they do another version of TDS and keep ignoring Year Zero i'm gonna....

Complain online.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was just thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if the did like Incubus and re-recorded TDS? But this time with the touring band?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was just thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if the did like Incubus and re-recorded TDS? But this time with the touring band?
    SjHqJPn.png

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well yeah, I just mean recorded in a studio.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Ah yes, the 720p crowd mic audio that everyone was asking for

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Please don't, i hate when bands re-record classic albums, specially classics like TDS, the album is perfect as is; got no issue with a "live" version.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    TDS would be weird to me. The only album I could realistically see them doing this with is Pretty Hate Machine. Bring the live guitar aesthetic to HLAH and Terrible Lie, do the funky new version of Sanctified, reimagine Sin and Ringfinger, etc.

I love That's What I Get and Kinda I Want To, but if Trent hates them, they could be removed or swapped out with Get Down Make Love, and maybe a new interpretation of Maybe Just Once. Purest Feeling would likely not make the cut...

Ooh, and open with Now I'm Nothing / Terrible Lie and end with Head Like A Hole.

I don't necessarily want this to happen, and I love the original PHM as is, but I do think it would be fascinating to see what they would do with something like this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I could also see doing a Broken "live session", considering that they re-introduced HiS to the setlists. But yeah, re-recorded TDS would be too weird for me, too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’m dying for more music that hits as hard as Isn’t Everyone…

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Today's Wordle (#1,007) is very NIN-y.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Been listening to the trilogy in one continuous playlist tonight and this time I didn’t skip the noise loop in The Background World for the first time in a while and I forgot how well it goes into Shit Mirror that way. The sudden start hits you in the face a bit harder like that.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Today's Wordle (#1,007) is very NIN-y.
    thanks for the hint. got it in 3 coz of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk