Page 1 of 512 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Once The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is out, that collaboration with Gary Numan would be more than welcome...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Once The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is out, that collaboration with Gary Numan would be more than welcome...
    It would be great to see if Trent could work on one or two songs for Splinter. When I watched the Dead Son (Rising) dvd, Gary mentioned he was ready to collaborate.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    It would be great to see if Trent could work on one or two songs for Splinter. When I watched the Dead Son (Rising) dvd, Gary mentioned he was ready to collaborate.
    I'd rather see a whole collaborative album, rather than just shunting Trent into an album that's already half finished

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was listening to Mad World by Tears for Fears... I could imagine Trent doing a cover of that. Its exactly what he should do. DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Another random thought....

Everytime Piggy from AATCHB plays on my iPhone I always need to change it to album play, I just love the flow into The Frail and then into The Wretched.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    I was listening to Mad World by Tears for Fears... I could imagine Trent doing a cover of that. Its exactly what he should do. DO IT! DO IT NOW!
    have you heard the Gary Jules version from Donnie Darko?

and to keep this on topic... I had a dream last night with a NIN ARG where i had to load 5 floppy disks into the same computer (at the same time in 5 separate external floppy drives), to get bits off of each disk and compile them into something?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post

Another random thought....

Everytime Piggy from AATCHB plays on my iPhone I always need to change it to album play, I just love the flow into The Frail and then into The Wretched.
    I also liked how Gave Up starts just right after The Wretched. It's like, "Oh, I just lost faith in God and humanity... and well, fuck me too!" I also like how it just picks up the pace prior to slowing down again for The Great Below.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    "Hey, I haven't listened to NIN in what seems like months."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I can never get sick of any version of "The Big Come Down."The Fragile, CRC Sessions, BYIT, AATCHB, TOIOU, all of them are badass as all hell. so brutal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sooooooooooo

Where's Teitan?!

*edit* nevermind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    sooooooooooo

Where's Teitan?!

*edit* nevermind...
    12 monkeys?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a feeling that a NIN tour will be announced in the next couple years. A 2012 tour sounds right for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peanoot3 View Post
    I have a feeling that a NIN tour will be announced in the next couple years. A 2012 tour sounds right for some reason.
    With a one year old kid? If he does it will in short bursts and probably US only...

I listened to TDS live today for the first time in ages - goddamn he still has it...

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i love nin

i love Zeppelin

i love Karen O's voice

Immigrant Song made me jizz my pants...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wonder if that's the asshat from the thread at nin.com.

Also, FFS!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I just came back from the third NIN Tribute concert in Bucharest, the setlist had 18 songs and the guys have 5 more tour dates.

You can see some recordings with them from the previous concerts here, here and here.

Overall the show was great minus some 'hiccups' but frankly, I think it's okay, and I'm a pretty harsh guy when it comes to judging NIN stuff.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I want a new NIN toy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I just loved how Trent put it there. The Fragile certainly satisfied me though, almost clocking to 2 hours of musical bliss. (With the darkness, anger and despair of course. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Year zero as a whole is probably my least favorite of Trent's work. I dislike the album more and more with each listen. Cool concept, but im hoping the political phase is over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Um...

"Leona Lewis is set to cover the Nine Inch Nails' 1994 track 'Hurt' on her forthcoming EP.
    Famously covered in 2002 by Johnny Cash, Lewis will feature the song on 'Hurt: The EP', which is set for release on December 9. "

http://www.nme.com/news/leona-lewis/60796

I would just like to state my position on this news.

FUCKING NO.
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 12-05-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Emphasis

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Dec. 9...TGWTDT-OST comes out (digital) and Leona Lewis has nothing better to do than ruining this day with another shitty NINcover?!

I hated Cash´s version, I hate Flyleaf's version of SICNH and I hate all the other bad covers, but ruining this day...oh damn you Lewis...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothInc View Post
    Dec. 9...TGWTDT-OST comes out (digital) and Leona Lewis has nothing better to do than ruining this day with another shitty NINcover?!

I hated Cash´s version, I hate Flyleaf's version of SICNH and I hate all the other bad covers, but ruining this day...oh damn you Lewis...
    Ironically I quite like the Flyleaf cover. I actually feel like there's emotion in it.
    Anyway, I wrote a stupidly long blog about why I'm angry about it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post

Random question #1- Does anyone else on here get made fun of for being on an online forum for a band that started 30 years ago? Or just being an “obsessed” fan of a band for 30 years? I personally don’t give a shit what other people think, but recently had a “discussion” with someone about this. They said I'm obsessed and not many people follow the same band for 30 years?! I said, "Well, what about Metallica, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones,etc, etc."
    I wouldn't care if anyone thought it was silly. NIN have been my favorite band since the year after TDS was released and I've been posting on the NIN and fan forums since the official site got its revamping back when The Fragile came out. It's not something I really think about; I come here to bullshit about my favorite musician and learn about other cultural stuff from like-minded people whose company I generally enjoy, even if it's over the internet.

There's probably nobody in my offline life who can understand the scope of what TR's art means to me, or how it's affected my livelihood. I don't even bother emphasizing it. I'd rather just come here where I know there are people who get it..

Besides, after 30 years, what other band from the 80s or 90s so decidedly non-mainstream can show up in an episode of Twin Peaks and fit right in, or boast a fan base as ardent and as intelligent as the community we have here? I'd say we definitely chose the right musician to support throughout the majority of our lives. One who keeps challenging his fans and his creativity with each new release, tour, project, etc.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I wouldn't care if anyone thought it was silly. NIN have been my favorite band since the year after TDS was released and I've been posting on the NIN and fan forums since the official site got its revamping back when The Fragile came out. It's not something I really think about; I come here to bullshit about my favorite musician and learn about other cultural stuff from like-minded people whose company I generally enjoy, even if it's over the internet.

There's probably nobody in my offline life who can understand the scope of what TR's art means to me, or how it's affected my livelihood. I don't even bother emphasizing it. I'd rather just come here where I know there are people who get it..

Besides, after 30 years, what other band from the 80s or 90s so decidedly non-mainstream can show up in an episode of Twin Peaks and fit right in, or boast a fan base as ardent and as intelligent as the community we have here? I'd say we definitely chose the right musician to support throughout the majority of our lives. One who keeps challenging his fans and his creativity with each new release, tour, project, etc.
    In the 90s I was also a fan of Pearl Jam. They released their most recent album around the same time as HM. I was going to try to see them on tour but money was tight and when listening to their new album it sounded like their old albums. There was nothing wrong with it and I won't criticize them for knowing their strengths but it was nothing I hadn't heard before. So instead I saw nin twice within less than two months and got two completely different shows (one was made in America so it was the festival show and the other was a tension show). I've seen nin many times over the years and the only two shows that felt the same were when I saw them twice within a week on the fragility tour. Other bands I've seen multiple times give essentially the same show. Different set lists or stage set ups but nothing radically different.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    A Minute to Breathe is fine, but is hardly his best non-NIN track.

Technically Missing, Ice Age, How Long or And When The Sky Was Opened are all far superior..

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    A Minute to Breathe is fine, but is hardly his best non-NIN track.

Technically Missing, Ice Age, How Long or And When The Sky Was Opened are all far superior..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    One quarter century ago tonight, 13 year-old me attended his first concert ever: Prick, Nine Inch Nails, and David Bowie (Hershey, PA)

So jealous of that little fucker.
    Jesus christ, you're right. I was there, too. That was 25 years ago tonight. My first time seeing NIN and technically my first "real" concert of my choosing..

Will never forget hearing that mesmerizing version of Hurt they did together for the very first time, and how I remembered it in my head for nearly a year before I came across the Ultra Rare Trax bootleg that has the now-famous version from St. Louis on it..

Fuck..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I, for one, would love to hear something like TWIG instead of Terrible Lie or HLAH for the 6,000,000th time, but hey, that's just me..