Page 463 of 528 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,890 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It would certainly be quite the surprise if it actually turned out to be Pretty Hate Machine-related, especially with accompanying DVDs/BDs.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It would be nice to get something, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. This seems to be a busy year for Trent & Atticus in terms of non-NIN work.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @SM Rollinger

they played what is basically the "Collected" DVD before playing with teeth, they were giving out free 7" singles of THTF (right? or was it the 10" picture discs? i honestly can't remember).
    I thought there were some stickers or something?

Edit: Per the Hotline on 3/28/05: “The free gifts were a small With Teeth poster, postcards and bumper stickers.”

(Chicago was 3/30/05)

A picture of the 7” THTF / Home is on the NIN Hotline with this note on 3/31/05:

“Although most of the listening parties did not have the 7" vinyl readily available due to a manufacturing error, the party at San Francisco did. Featuring The Hand That Feeds on the A-side, and non-album track Home on the B-side, these undoubtedly going to be hot items to have. Here is the only picture we have of one. So far. Thanks to Cyndy for that!”

The most fun part of the With Teeth era, IMO (besides the club tour), was the web cams during recording.

This site has archives.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-27-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This should get some facepalms, but it comes from the fact the Trent sometimes has a weird sense of humor, but I think he should post the "Old Town Road" video on NIN.com.

Ok, maybe not nin.com, but maybe his Instagram or some other less meaningful social media place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    This should get some facepalms, but it comes from the fact the Trent sometimes has a weird sense of humor, but I think he should post the "Old Town Road" video on NIN.com.

Ok, maybe not nin.com, but maybe his Instagram or some other less meaningful social media place.
    That reminds me, has Trent, or even Atticus commented on Old Town Road yet?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    That reminds me, has Trent, or even Atticus commented on Old Town Road yet?
    Yeah, Trent said:

Quote Originally Posted by TR
    I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. I felt like I just lost my girlfriend, because that song (34 Ghosts IV) isn't mine anymore... It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. Somehow that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning – different, but every bit as pure.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah, Trent said:
    Very well said by Trent. I agree, it’s very moving.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah, Trent said:
    Quote Originally Posted by TR
    I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. I felt like I just lost my girlfriend, because that song (34 Ghosts IV) isn't mine anymore... It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. Somehow that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning – different, but every bit as pure.
    It's funny, because I seem to remember him saying this exact same thing when Limp Bizkit riffed on Closer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Trent really upped his vocal harmony game on Bad Witch. It’s everywhere, clean, distorted, used as noise..

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Trent really upped his vocal harmony game on Bad Witch. It’s everywhere, clean, distorted, used as noise..
    He even got Ian Astbury in on the fun!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeaaaahhhhhh, about that. I think there was a healthy level of sarcasm from Trent there that went over a lot of heads.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Yeaaaahhhhhh, about that. I think there was a healthy level of sarcasm from Trent there that went over a lot of heads.
    it's a quote about johnny cash covering hurt that @fillow took and edited to make it seem like it was about old town road.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    D'oh!

You got me.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Add Violence is my personal favorite out of "Them Three", as I call them. A long time passed without me listening to NIN at all, but one listen to "The Lovers" and... whoa. I'm there again. The guitars. The choppy synths. The atmosphere. Like JJJ's son told Mary Jane in Spider-Man 2, "I'm back on the moon". It feels like going back home after a very stressful day. I'm back to the wonderful, magical, grotesque, dark™, endlessly manipulated yet still "human" and "analog"-feeling realm of TR and AR.

And I'll say it again: "Less Than" is one of NIN's greatest singles, ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Let me get this straight...

A sample of an instrumental song from an experimental double LP Trent put out in 2008 has gone straight to number one worldwide as a country-hip hop number.

...AND

A spoof cover of Head Like a Hole with a fake artist name by Myley Cyrus changing all the lyrics is now trending and will probably chart very high too...

In the same year?

What the actual fuck?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post

A sample of an instrumental song from an experimental double LP Trent put out in 2008 has gone straight to number one worldwide as a country-hip hop number.

...AND

A spoof cover of Head Like a Hole with a fake artist name by Myley Cyrus changing all the lyrics is now trending and will probably chart very high too...

In the same year?

What the actual fuck?
    it’s fantastic. embrace it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Just once, I want to see NIN play the original album version of Closer live. I know it was done to death prior to ~05-06. But I don't think it's been done once since - and I never got to see them prior to that. Don't get me wrong, the version they've been doing is great. I just....man, the original breakdown is so fucking good. I want to see that live.

Alas, I know it'll never happen.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Just once, I want to see NIN play the original album version of Closer live. I know it was done to death prior to ~05-06. But I don't think it's been done once since - and I never got to see them prior to that. Don't get me wrong, the version they've been doing is great. I just....man, the original breakdown is so fucking good. I want to see that live.

I am actually all about this post. The original is so perfect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post

...AND

In the same year?

What the actual fuck?
    This has been an unlikely amazing year for NIN.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I wonder if some unused songs from The Downward Spiral were re-appropriated for Antichrist Superstar in the same way that some of the Lost Fragile tracks became Niggy Tardust. Some of that album sounds almost identical to TDS, albeit with different vocals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed. I would love to hear the original breakdown again. It's one of the main reasons it's in my top 10.

It's possible though, look at all of the stuff he's busting out now. Never thought we'd hear Happiness is Slavery yet we got a kickass version of it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Reznor liked a tweet about yoga on Twitter and now I'm wondering if he can do a chin stand. Namaste Trent!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Okay I think I have heard all I can take about Old Town Road and Miley Cyrus. Nothing against either, but I could really use some more actual NIN discussion. I know there isn't any news right now, and maybe that's a good thing - keep us wanting more, etc. - but i look forward to hearing more about what people are mining from the recent Trilogy or anything else that isn't pop culture.

Get off my lawn!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I second that!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Head Like A Hole (Opal) is the best mix of the song.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Head Like A Hole (Opal) is the best mix of the song.
    Incorrect, it's this (the Carly Rae mashup) — and I'm 90% sure that's where Black Mirror's writers got the idea for Ashley O.
    Last edited by botley; 06-21-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Ghosts 12 should’ve somehow, someway been incorporated into and played live during the LITS tour. One of the better songs off Ghosts and could’ve fit into it so many different ways.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Ghosts 12 should’ve somehow, someway been incorporated into and played live during the LITS tour. One of the better songs off Ghosts and could’ve fit into it so many different ways.
    I'm still salty the album hasn't had a track played in Europe yet. But yes, 12 Ghosts is the fucking bomb and could work so well as an alternative to Pinion for an opener

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm still salty the album hasn't had a track played since 2014.
    Fixed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Okay I think I have heard all I can take about Old Town Road and Miley Cyrus.
    I feel this!

I'm glad to see NIN get some exposure, sure, but after the whole Trilogy release cycle and its pervading aura of "we're not worried what people think, this is what we're excited about and that's what we're doing", all the "limited official collaborative T-shirt" kind of stuff we've been seeing from the NIN camp lately feels distressingly like a back-step towards Hesitation Marks' era of worrying too much about general relevance and putting an emphasis on reaching a wider audience (which I think the move to Columbia Records at that period neatly exemplified). Which isn't to say I have anything against NIN being featured in Captain Marvel or Old Town Road or Black Mirror (I thought Miley's covers were dreadful but you know, different strokes), just that I think it seems to be making a lot out of a little.

We've been NIN spoiled the past couple years and I don't expect crazy activity constantly but to me the Bird Box soundtrack is way more exciting than any of this stuff because it's actual content.

EDIT: I did love Strobe Light though!
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 06-24-2019 at 04:42 PM.