Page 396 of 528 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,880 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Few months ago I gave Ghosts's tracks my own custom names to recongize them better for myself.

I have no idea now what Ghosts tracks people are talking about though if they talk about their favorite tracks there.

(I named one of them "Is This Really What You Wanted?" which was before The Background World came out, so that's a cool concidence)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Few months ago I gave Ghosts's tracks my own custom names to recongize them better for myself.

I have no idea now what Ghosts tracks people are talking about though if they talk about their favorite tracks there.

(I named one of them "Is This Really What You Wanted?" which was before The Background World came out, so that's a cool concidence)
    i feel like it would make sense to name them based on the images that go with each one (a la aphex twin and selected ambient works vol ii)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i feel like it would make sense to name them based on the images that go with each one (a la aphex twin and selected ambient works vol ii)
    I named them each after listening to them fully and was using my imagination to determine how it sounds like to me and what emotion it is getting accross.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I named them each after listening to them fully and was using my imagination to determine how it sounds like to me and what emotion it is getting accross.
    What did you name 3 Ghosts I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just curious, has anyone heard of the song Taken from Deviations 1 vinyl? I have never heard it before and cant seem to find it online, like how its blocked from some unknown company on YouTube.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    Just curious, has anyone heard of the song Taken from Deviations 1 vinyl? I have never heard it before and cant seem to find it online, like how its blocked from some unknown company on YouTube.
    Are you asking if it's actually a song on Deviations? Because it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Are you asking if it's actually a song on Deviations? Because it is.
    I know its on there, Im just wondering if anyone has heard it and if its any good since I cant find the song anywhere online

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    What did you name 3 Ghosts I?
    "Shadows"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I know its on there, Im just wondering if anyone has heard it and if its any good since I cant find the song anywhere online
    i would assume that everyone who owns deviations has heard it

and yeah, it's very interesting. dark but with a kinetic beat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love that everything thats going on about the I Can't Seem To Wake Up tour seems to be an improvement from previous years, even stupid things, like Trent's wardrobe for this tour is my favorite one since Downward Spiral.
    Last edited by mauro995; 12-18-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A NIN cover of “Rock Me Amadeus” would be hilariously wonderful.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    A NIN cover of “Rock Me Amadeus” would be hilariously wonderful.
    Considering he's (probably) a Falco fan as he did an awful cover of Der Kommisar, I'd rather hear something like Naked or Coming Home, he could lay something interesting on that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish I could buy TR's & AR's 'Halloween' theme on 7" vinyl.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    I wish I could buy TR's & AR's 'Halloween' theme on CD
    Fixed this for you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Considering he's (probably) a Falco fan as he did an awful cover of Der Kommisar, I'd rather hear something like Naked or Coming Home, he could lay something interesting on that
    No, we need to get a proper NIN version of Der Kommisar.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    No, we need to get a proper NIN version of Der Kommisar.
    Legit, listen to Naked and tell me you couldn't hear PHM/Broken era NIN doing that

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones may be my new favorite EP/Album opener from NIN.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Fixed this for you.
    I'd like it on both, and probably some record company is going to want to cash in with a boxed set containing this, so..

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    After seeing the Houston poster, I was hoping to get a new song debuted at Day For Night.

Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    I love that everything thats going on about the I Can't Seem To Wake Up tour seems to be an improvement from previous years, even stupid things, like Trent's wardrobe for this tour is my favorite one since Downward Spiral.

Can an I get an id on his leather jacket of this tour. Damn, it’s sick.

Branches/Bones may be my new favorite EP/Album opener from NIN.
    Besides “Somewhat Damaged” opening in 2006. I would have to agree 100%.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'd like it on both, and probably some record company is going to want to cash in with a boxed set containing this, so..
    Tbh, an official collected EP with all the random b-side tracks floating around would be really nice.

Theme for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man
    Juno
    Hallowe'en
    Theme from Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Possibly these, too:
    Zoo Station
    The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
    Speaking In Tongues

(Also, Before The Flood on CD).

There may be others. I forget.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    After seeing the Houston poster, I was hoping to get a new song debuted at Day For Night.

Can an I get an id on his leather jacket of this tour. Damn, it’s sick.

Besides “Somewhat Damaged” opening in 2006. I would have to agree 100%.
    Somewhat Damaged is the theme where I'm at right now with the damn holiday season. It's getting harder to deal with every year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fixed this for you.
    The second I get a CD I digitize it and it lives in the cloud where I can enjoy in my car stereo, home system, cell phone, friends' house, etc...then the CD becomes a frisbee or a coaster. I did enjoy CDs back in the 1990s, but with modern tech I prefer digital when I'm on the go. When I'm home in my man cave, where I've invested in a very decent turntable system, I think I'm on board with Trent on this one. I enjoy holding the artwork and physically flipping vinyl because it draws me into the experience more. Vinyl is great if you can afford a nice system and you enjoy sitting down and blocking out the rest of the world for a few minutes.

But, I totally hope it comes out on CD for the people that still like CDs! Sorry though, you didn't fix my comment...to me you just made a typo.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tbh, an official collected EP with all the random b-side tracks floating around would be really nice.

Theme for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man
    Juno
    Hallowe'en
    Theme from Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Possibly these, too:
    Zoo Station
    The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
    Speaking In Tongues

(Also, Before The Flood on CD).

There may be others. I forget.
    A Deep Cuts Volume 2 torrent is, I think, the best we can hope for. Licensing problems would be a bit tricky to get it all on one disc.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Thing is, it's released via Sacred Bones and they're not an evil capitalistic money grabbing label, they just do ~cool stuff~. So maybe not

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ I'm aware, but they probably won't license it for free. So the most economical thing is probably for a bigger label to throw it (and the other stray tracks listed above) on as a bonus track in a big TR+AR box set. Someday...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Since the removal of the forums and user remix, I hardly ever go to the nin.com site.

If they do another tour, “Closer” should be preformed in the full-length album version.

It would be great to hear them perform “I Can’t Give Everything Away” and “This Isn’t The Place” back to back.

They should pick one show and perform all the (non-ghosts) songs in the library that have never been done live before.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post

They should pick one show and perform all the (non-ghosts) songs in the library that have never been done live before.
    A 30 song set with no flow and most people in attendance wouldn't know half of them?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    A 30 song set with no flow and most people in attendance wouldn't know half of them?
    Yeah, I have to agree. As much as I'd like to see more tracks performed, I don't think playing them all in the same show is the way to go.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Eeh, not all my ideas can be winners.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    ...then the CD becomes a frisbee or a coaster...
    You know what, vinyl frisbees are better than CD, too - they're heavier, they'll fly farther, what are you trying to prove here?

But, I totally hope it comes out on CD for the people that still like CDs!
    It's not really a matter of pleasing people who "like" a certain media for their music. It's about getting the most value out of one's purchase. I personally think now that i'd rather buy soundtracks (such as Patriots Day and BTF) as pure downloads - if there was a definitive place that had them all, preferably nin.com shop. But nin.com shop is not so user-friendly unfortunately. So i didn't buy there. "Official" site doesn't even offer external links to where to buy what. I'd like one place to go and shop for music i like - but it's a risk that next release is not sold in a shop where i'm registered, or the rights expire, or some other b u l l s h i t. So i prefer CD as a "safety measure". If i get one, i get A - music, B - hard copy, C - independence from online services. I obviously don't speak for all "people that still like CDs", i just have reasons to not look down on them as a group of paying customers.