Not The Actual Events - Branches/Bones
    Add Violence - Less Than
    Bad Witch - Shit Mirror
    Ghosts V-VI - Run Like Hell

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    From NIN Spotting:

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    According to weird people on tumblr they airbrushed out an ear piercing in the Marvin cover. Truly a loss everywhere for middle aged guys with pierced ears I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The climax of Ahead of Ourselves with the crazy electronics ramping up feels like it is summoning the "Bad Witch" and she's about to kill me.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    After 2 NIN shows in September other shows kind of pale in comparison. I went to Roger Waters a few weeks ago & it was good but that's almost more of a theater production. I'd had the tickets for 3 years. Then I went to Afghan Whigs & Pink Mountaintops last night. I've been a huge Whigs for fan for years & hadn't seen them for a real long time. It was ok but I ended up leaving early. The tickets weren't much but I just wasn't feeling it. As he's gotten older Greg Dulli has gotten less nuanced. Most of it was super loud & it was hard to pick out what was being played in the din. In comparison NIN was of course loud but you could still hear what eveyone was playing. I'm not buying many concert tickets these days & this one was a little disappointing. I have 1 more show this year, Flaming Lips next month. They should still be good but I hope they've changed things up some. Have seen them a lot over the years. It would be hard to top the recent NIN tour though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    From NIN Spotting:

I think it’s about time for Mr. Reznor to return to the septum piercing lifestyle. Very important to me and my culture. His kids need to know that he’s cool.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The last time I saw NIN was 9 years ago today according to my FB memories. What a great show.
    That was around the last time I saw your mother.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Bangers (And Mash):
    Pretty Hate Machine - Head Like A Hole
    Broken - Happiness In Slavery
    The Downward Spiral - Ruiner
    The Fragile - Starfuckers, Inc.
    With Teeth - Getting Smaller
    Year Zero - Meet Your Master
    Ghosts I-IV - 35 Ghosts IV
    The Slip - Discipline
    Hesitation Marks - Everything
    Not The Actual Events - Branches/Bones
    Add Violence - Less Than
    Bad Witch - Shit Mirror
    Ghosts V-VI - Run Like Hell
    I dig your list; mine is different, but I wanna play:

PHM: The Only Time (does Get Down/Make Love count?)
    Broken: Gave Up, period.
    Fixed:Wish (Remix)
    TDS: The Mister Self Destruct (followed closely by I Am the Ruiner, and, fuck, also The I Do Not Want This).
    The Fragile: Somewhat Damaged (or Please)
    Awitha Teetha: Love is Not Enough
    Year Zero: The Good Soldier/Vessel (it's all one thing to me).
    Ghosts: 3 Ghosts I
    The Slip: 1,000,000 (which draws power from both 999,999 and Letting You)
    Hesitations, Mark: All Time Low

Now. I consider the trilogy one thing, but I'll follow suit

NATE: The Idea of You
    Add Violins: Not Anymore
    Bad Witch: Ahead of Ourselves (good GOD. I'm a part time Junglist, so, yeah).

Ghosts the new one: I've really...idk. I've LISTENED to it several times, but I just haven't paid attention to which song is which

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Stealth View Post
    Most banger song on each album/EP in my opinion (not necessarily best, but most fun/energetic):

PHM: Sin

Broken: Last

TDS: Heresy

The Fragile: Starfuckers

With Teeth: You Know What You Are

Year Zero: Meet Your Master

The Slip: Letting You

Hesitation Marks: I Would For You

NTAE: Branches/Bones

Add Violence: Less Than

Bad Witch: Shit Mirror

What are your pics?
    Bangers (by your definition) > Favourites
    PHM: Kinda I Want To > Twist
    Broken: Happiness In Slavery > Happiness In Slavery (Remix)
    TDS: Eraser > All The Pigs, All Lined Up
    Fragile: 10 Miles High > 10 Miles High
    With Teeth: Getting Smaller > RWIBV2
    Year Zero: Vessel > Vessel
    Slip: Letting You > Letting You
    HM: Everything > In Two
    NTAE: Branches/Bones > She's Gone
    AV: Not Anymore > Not Anymore
    BW: Ahead Of Ourselves > Ahead Of Ourselves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Stealth View Post
    The climax of Ahead of Ourselves with the crazy electronics ramping up feels like it is summoning the "Bad Witch" and she's about to kill me.
    Made me think of this for whatever reason. Here. You’ve earned it [EDIT SORRY THIS WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE SO BIG GOOD LORD]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do we have a collection thread somewhere?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prick View Post
    Do we have a collection thread somewhere?
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...ur-collection!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    thx I'm dumb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone in the world still cares about tumblr, I have a dumb little blog for weird YouTube comments on NIN videos and other miscellaneous stuff of that nature:

https://www.tumblr.com/nincomments

There’s been kind of a trend with blogs like this for other bands like Ween and Talking Heads and I’ve noticed that NIN tends to tap into a particularly strange part of random people’s brains so I thought. Hey. Why not man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey man, nice blog

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://oldwolves.bandcamp.com/album/purdy-hate-machine

I randomly came across this album, and thought it was nice.
    There's no chance Trent will go folk/blues/country, but this reminded me of how much I'd love to see another acoustic/stripped-down album a la Still.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxto View Post
    There's no chance Trent will go folk/blues/country...
    I mean, it's not entirely out of the question. HTDA's Ice Age is pretty folksy/country in its own way, and Trent did quote a Hank Williams song in While I'm Still Here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

There's no chance Trent will go folk/blues/country, but this reminded me of how much I'd love to see another acoustic/stripped-down album a la Still.
    That's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the find!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is really good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's no chance Trent will go folk/blues/country
    Maybe he will if he will if he feels like winning another Country Music Association Award.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I was thinking about Trent's comments after Cleveland regarding the end of the CB&I cycle. Not wanting to put words in Trent's mouth but it almost sounded like he's already thinking about future concepts in regards to touring/concerts. I'm certainly there wherever he wants to go. I will say that after the 2 NIN shows I saw everything else is kind of pale in comparison. The only show I have tickets for the rest of this year is Flaming Lips/Particle Kid mid-November. It's a makeup show for a COVID postponement so I've had the tickets a real long time. I'm sure the Lips will be excellent as they always are & I'm very interested in seeing Particle Kid. I heard a tape of him opening the Outlaw Music Festival & he was great. Mostly just him & an electric guitar. I keep preaching that his album is the best of the year. One of those records where you hear new things every time you listen. Sorry to get off topic a little. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see what Trent comes up with.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I was thinking about Trent's comments after Cleveland regarding the end of the CB&I cycle. Not wanting to put words in Trent's mouth but it almost sounded like he's already thinking about future concepts in regards to touring/concerts.
    I think he's really just done with it for now and for the foreseeable future. (Note: the foreseeable future may be as short as 1-2 years). Like, if you asked him about touring in 2019 (and 2020 and 2021 when plans were delayed due to COVID), he would have said, yeah, we're going to take this out on the road again next year to do a few more dates.

But ask him now, and he wouldn't know. He just knows that the era he already took out on 3 cycles is over. He doesn't know when they will next tour, but when they do, it's not going to be the same as what he just did; he will have to come up with something new.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    As much as I love attending NIN shows, I'm glad that he's doing what is right for him instead of just mailing it in for a payday. I look forward seeing what he creates, either via score, collaborations or new NIN. If he never tours again, I'm grateful that I got to attend a few of his shows and made some excellent memories along the way...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Regarding NIN touring again, as others have already mentioned several times, he often sounds burnt out at the end of a tour. I feel like it's almost like asking a mother who just gave birth an hour ago if she's planning on having another child. It's too fresh right now, but after some time, the allure of touring will likely seem appealing once more – especially if he has some new music he's excited for people to hear. I don't remember where he said it, but sometime in late 2020 or early 2021, he expressed how much they miss being on the road (even the shitter aspects like being crammed onto a tour bus and using shitty bathrooms), and while they were on tour this year, he mentioned several times how good it was to be back and that he was really trying to appreciate the "now" (meaning performing in front of audiences), rather than always looking toward the future. I'm hoping that they've been secretly hard at work on the next NIN album and once it's completed, they come up with an interesting way to mix things up a bit in a way that feels fresh and exciting for them. If I'm being honest, I hope they don't change the live shows TOO drastically, because I thought the CB&I tour was pretty much perfect. I do miss some of the more elaborate production of the LITS and Tension tours, but the unpredictable setlists of the CB&I era was well worth the trade-off.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Finally got the Fragile on vinyl, 70EUR is steep, but it looks like I made an okay deal with that one. Excited to finally have it!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So...this may have been obvious to most of you for decades.

But I made a mix CD for the ole' suv while Mrs. Sheap was in the hospital for a fucking month, and supposed to die, and ANYWAY,

Ringfinger was on it. It was all I listened to, this CD, so I heard the track like 100 times.
    And now, I'm 99% sure that song is about marriage, and nowhere as eerie as I thought it was over the past 30 years.

So I'm thinking traditional.proposal, here.
    She's got T-Rez working so hard, working his hands until.they bleed, and he still.doesn't feel.like he's good enough, even though he's providing for her, as Duran Duran and Prince play on the radio.

But he's still.asking, for.that 'promise, that's deeper.than the sea.'

I think the SEVER bit is a touch of hyperbole, about what happens in marriage: that ring means 'I'm taken.'
    She's making him wait, though, like.Jesus on.the cross, even though he's "dying for her sins," as in, you know...and hers alone.

BUT, HE'S not even sure if this marriage is the best thing in the world, as he'll have to cover his eyes.
    But, he'll have that one thing: the ring finger. The marriage.
    And that's enough.

Sorry if I'm going on over three decades late to the NIN PHM Party of Understanding, but I'm almost CERTAIN that's the meaning of the lyrics, now. It only took me from age 12 to damn near 43 to notice.

I decided I'd lay this idea on, you know, the only people who might care.
    What you guys think?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Nah, not convinced, I'm still pretty sure it's about a finger shaped like a ring.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

This is GREAT

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I can't believe that, since 1994 and after so many interviews being conducted, no one has yet asked TR about the sample at the beginning of A Warm Place and what it says.