Page 525 of 525 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 523 524 525
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 15735

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #15721
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,313
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's funny how Trent never once addressed California or LA specifically as his home state/hometown at the NIN shows, despite living there on permanent basis for 20 years now (and a few years in the 90s too). Yet every time he passes through NOLA and various cities in Ohio and Pennsylvania, it's always hometown gigs to him (based on stage banter).

  2. #15722
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,061
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's funny how Trent never once addressed California or LA specifically as his home state/hometown at the NIN shows, despite living there on permanent basis for 20 years now (and a few years in the 90s too). Yet every time he passes through NOLA and various cities in Ohio and Pennsylvania, it's always hometown gigs to him (based on stage banter).
    I don't know how Trent feels, but to me, there's where you live, and then there's "home". "Home" is more mental and emotional than physical. They may be the same place, or they may not be. It just depends on your own experiences.

  3. #15723
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    not atlanta
    Posts
    2,194
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    he probably doesnít want to tip off any local crazed fans.

  4. #15724
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,061
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I was watching David Bowie: The Last Five Years the other night, and a thought came to mind. Trent is now roughly the same age Bowie was when he had his heart attack and stopped touring. I have to wonder if that's part of why Trent is a bit more wary about touring these days. Not that Trent can't still tear it up on stage, but I have to imagine that sort of thing weighs on your mind when you get to that age.

  5. #15725
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    iím totally fine with him not touring and protecting his health, all that traveling must take a huge toll on person too

  6. #15726
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,384
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    i’m totally fine with him not touring and protecting his health, all that traveling must take a huge toll on person too
    Not to mention raising his kids. They're only little once.

  7. #15727
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know Trent had his reason for not appearing in the old town road video but it would of been so funny if him and Atticuss were in the dance hall scene at the end

  8. #15728
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,249
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    I always thought that NIN would end, like, doing Still type shows. NOW, that we've ALL these movie scores to further complicate things, what do you guys think?

    1.Will T-Rex roll it till the wheels fall off like the Rolling Stones, screaming about fist fucking at 26 when he's 76?

    2.Will it be Just Like I Imagined, with laid back, Still style performances, at small, upscale venues, and old fans cheering too loud when old timey NIN songs are played?

    3. Will it be TRĪAR shows at intimate venues, with old school fans cheering too loud as we hear the beginning of SICNH, The Frail, or like, Sunspots:2030 edition, peppered between Ghosts/Soundtrack stuff?

    Or, 4. Will we get NOTHING, and like it?

    I know this is hard to think about. But don't you guys wonder why the set lists have been so fucking crazy as of late, and why, for instance, songs like TPD just made its live debut seven years ago? I thought we had more time.

    They BETTER not be SECRETLY doing Wave Goodbye 2.0-The REAL One. I have this same concern with my OTHER favorite band, Old 97s, who started in 92 and released their first record in 93.

    This question is becoming disturbingly relevant.

  9. #15729
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,667
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    I think he’ll just keep going like Gary Numan is.

  10. #15730
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,313
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If they ever do acoustic/Still/scores tour, it will be def advertised as such and will probably be in all seater venues. And probably with some visual element going on so everyone would just stfu and watch/listen. This will likely cut off most of potential drunk bro screamers from the get-go. Trent did touch this subject briefly in that long Watchmen-era webcast interview.

    (BTW were there any drunk bros screaming "play head like a hoooole" at HTDA shows?)

    Come on Trent, it's time do this already. It will be everything he wants from the shows, really:
    - new setlists, so the shows def not feel like going through motions
    - re-learning and re-working all the material again to keep shit interesting
    - still/scores type of show that he mentioned several times during his career as something he'd like to do at some point
    - given the nature of this kind of show, it's probably be relatively short tour. Let's say a month of rehearsing (and auditioning for potential new players) and a month of actual shows (but probably less than that). leaves plenty of time to spend with the family around that dates.
    - no pressure to have a new album ready for this
    - ???
    - PROFIT

  11. #15731
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,667
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If they ever do acoustic/Still/scores tour, it will be def advertised as such and will probably be in all seater venues. And probably with some visual element going on so everyone would just stfu and watch/listen. This will likely cut off most of potential drunk bro screamers from the get-go. Trent did touch this subject briefly in that long Watchmen-era webcast interview.

    (BTW were there any drunk bros screaming "play head like a hoooole" at HTDA shows?)

    Come on Trent, it's time do this already. It will be everything he wants from the shows, really:
    - new setlists, so the shows def not feel like going through motions
    - re-learning and re-working all the material again to keep shit interesting
    - still/scores type of show that he mentioned several times during his career as something he'd like to do at some point
    - given the nature of this kind of show, it's probably be relatively short tour. Let's say a month of rehearsing (and auditioning for potential new players) and a month of actual shows (but probably less than that). leaves plenty of time to spend with the family around that dates.
    - no pressure to have a new album ready for this
    - ???
    - PROFIT
    His eldest probably knows how to play 12 instruments by now, so they could join him on stage as well.

  12. #15732
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wish trent would see this now

  13. #15733
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,740
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)


    New NIN is coming... New NIN is coming...

  14. #15734
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,935
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If they ever do acoustic/Still/scores tour, it will be def advertised as such and will probably be in all seater venues. And probably with some visual element going on so everyone would just stfu and watch/listen. This will likely cut off most of potential drunk bro screamers from the get-go. Trent did touch this subject briefly in that long Watchmen-era webcast interview.

    (BTW were there any drunk bros screaming "play head like a hoooole" at HTDA shows?)

    Come on Trent, it's time do this already. It will be everything he wants from the shows, really:
    - new setlists, so the shows def not feel like going through motions
    - re-learning and re-working all the material again to keep shit interesting
    - still/scores type of show that he mentioned several times during his career as something he'd like to do at some point
    - given the nature of this kind of show, it's probably be relatively short tour. Let's say a month of rehearsing (and auditioning for potential new players) and a month of actual shows (but probably less than that). leaves plenty of time to spend with the family around that dates.
    - no pressure to have a new album ready for this
    - ???
    - PROFIT
    should pull a Trans-Siberian Orchestra and have two touring setups, him on the west coast and Atticus on the east (or vice versa, you east coasties ;p ) and tour through a fall/autumn season. The music could fit the weather.

  15. #15735
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,667
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post


    New NIN is coming... New NIN is coming...

    Can we have a new album, Trent? No.
    Can we have a new album, Trent? No.
    Can we have a new album, Trent? No.
    Can we have a new album, Trent? No.
    IF I SAY YES WILL ETS SHUT UP?
    Yes. So, can we have a new album, Trent?
    YES!

    THANKS DAD!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions