Page 73 of 528 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 15835

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy crap, Copy of A sounds amazing on headphones.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The folks going to the Scala gig will hear Hesitation Marks first.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    FIST FUCK!!!

Ah, I just love it when the whole crowd sings along with that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not as much fun to pick up the pieces...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just to be repetitive, Copy of A is amazing on headphones. Like...it's a completely different song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, since I listened to Copy of A through my earbuds, I'm half-shopping for a semi-decent pair of over-the-ear 'phones, mostly just to listen to HM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Yeah, since I listened to Copy of A through my earbuds, I'm half-shopping for a semi-decent pair of over-the-ear 'phones, mostly just to listen to HM.
    Might I suggest a pair of Sony MDR7506's?
    An audio engineer friend of mine gave them to me and they have ruined all of my other headphones for me.. Compared to these, it
    sounded as I had cotton stuffed in my ears. Copy Of A sounds great in these things!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    An audio engineer friend of mine gave them to me and they have ruined all of my other headphones for me.. Compared to these, it
    sounded as I had cotton stuffed in my ears. Copy Of A sounds great in these things!

These?

I'm after a good pair of headphones also.... Will be on the look out for them tomorrow when I'm in town.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yep! Those are the ones! Get em!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    As in I plugged the laptop into the receiver of the movie surround system and listened to it in 7ch stereo. But, excellent speaker and excellent subwoofer, yes.
    my dad tends to put his surround receiver in 7-channel stereo a lot of the time, but i find it sounds a bit phase-y for my liking. i usually just keep mine in "straight" so it doesn't do any extra processing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my dad tends to put his surround receiver in 7-channel stereo a lot of the time, but i find it sounds a bit phase-y for my liking. i usually just keep mine in "straight" so it doesn't do any extra processing.
    I understood nothing of that. Haha. I assume it does some processing to split the left and right "speaker" of the audio to the 7 speakers? Or something? And why is that bad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Tempting, they seem to get really great reviews, but they're a bit out of the range I'm looking at. I've never been a big headphone user, but I've been wanting to take some more time listening to music lately, but if that doesn't pan out I don't want to be out much.

Any other suggestions in the sub-$40 range?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-...pr_product_top

These aren't good for mixing an album on but for casual listening on an ipod, I have really enjoyed these. Lots of bass. I wouldn't hesitate getting a refurbished pair. Klipsch has really good customer service and will take care of you if something is wrong.
    Last edited by tiempo; 08-17-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tempting, they seem to get really great reviews, but they're a bit out of the range I'm looking at. I've never been a big headphone user, but I've been wanting to take some more time listening to music lately, but if that doesn't pan out I don't want to be out much.

@botley was just recently complimenting this cheap but apparently quality Sony model: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX100-...=IJPJ3N4WSS3M4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    @botley was just recently complimenting this cheap but apparently quality Sony model: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX100-...=IJPJ3N4WSS3M4

I picked up the same ones a few months back and I really enjoy them.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I always thought it'd be cool if on any given NIN album there'd be a commentary much like what a movie has on DVD/Blu-Ray, such a commentary could be behind the scenes technoblabber from Trent & Co. about all the production and engineering that went into crafting the music.

Why the hell don't artists do things like this? would seem like an amazing thing for the fans not to mention lots of great insight. I know I'd love to hear it.

I don't need to know much about the lyrical content of course, that's ultimately up for us to guess at and decipher and make our own, part of why Trent doesn't like to allude to what the lyrics are usually about but at least he could go over some of the song construction, that'd be neat!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Why the hell don't artists do things like this? would seem like an amazing thing for the fans not to mention lots of great insight. I know I'd love to hear it.

I don't need to know much about the lyrical content of course, that's ultimately up for us to guess at and decipher and make our own, part of why Trent doesn't like to allude to what the lyrics are usually about but at least he could go over some of the song construction, that'd be neat!
    That's actually not an uncommon thing these days for albums - it's a fantastic potential bonus thing, the only issue is getting an artist to have something to say about every track, and something pertinent and interesting, plus them WANTING to dissect a track. Someone like Trent would probably always shy away from such a thing as he doesn't do much talking about his songs. Now, a disc for Ghosts with the whole team on, that would be neat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here is a little something I've done this morning. I hope wome of you will enjoy it !
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vi3ik3p19...emorabilia.mp3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

these panasonic headphones are fantastic. i have them, my fiancee has them, and my mom has them. when i was attending school for sound design a few years ago, one of my teachers did a pink noise test with them and said that they're comparable to some $300+ professional monitor headphones, and that it's amazing they're as inexpensive as they are. they're also super comfy.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Is there some kind of vocal sample played during the chorus of Gave Up when Robin and the other member do the "Smashed up my sanity" line? Either that or some vocal effect on the microphone? I've always wondered how Gave Up always had that similar distorted "gremlin" vocal thing going on that generally sounds the same.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Is there some kind of vocal sample played during the chorus of Gave Up when Robin and the other member do the "Smashed up my sanity" line? Either that or some vocal effect on the microphone? I've always wondered how Gave Up always had that similar distorted "gremlin" vocal thing going on that generally sounds the same.
    i'm pretty sure they're just singing in a growly falsetto.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I just had a listen to about 5 different recordings and they all sound very similar...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I just had a listen to about 5 different recordings and they all sound very similar...
    Yeah that was the thing I noticed too, I had listened to the And All That Could Have Been version the day before and just recently watched Beside You In Time and thought how the vocals were almost identical.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the chorus vocals have been a sample in live performances from the start. The live chorus vocals always struck me as a little corny compared to how the album version sounds.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm pretty sure the chorus vocals have been a sample in live performances from the start. The live chorus vocals always struck me as a little corny compared to how the album version sounds.
    as in they're mock singing it? or the sample is overlaid in live performances?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    as in they're mock singing it? or the sample is overlaid in live performances?
    I was wondering if they were mock singing it myself...or maybe the sample is just played so heavy in the mix it overshadows any other backing vocal.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I was wondering if they were mock singing it myself...or maybe the sample is just played so heavy in the mix it overshadows any other backing vocal.
    The backing vocals were usually too low in the mix to really hear on that track, but in these recent webcasts, they've been up enough in the mix that you can actually hear Josh and Robin singing along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am watching The King Of Kong tonight purely because of Josh Freese.
    /fanboy

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    definitely. there's no way anyone in the band could keep all those choruses on pitch and in time during that madness, especially not TR — not to be offensive, it was as true during the Self Destruct tour as it is now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    anyone ever notice the opening drums to 'get down, make love' are very similar to 'hyperpower!'s drums?