Page 503 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 501 502 503 504 505 513 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,090 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Plato's allegory, I think. Here's an excerpt from Trent's 2018 interview with Lizzy Goodman:

So the idea being that the things we see illustrated on the cover: science, religion, history, self-improvement, technology... they're the delusions of enlightenment we cling to, when really we're just looking at Plato's shadows on a cave wall.
    It does make a lot of sense in that way, especially when seeing the message by NIN / Trent directly opposed to it. The 3 in a row (NTAE, AV, BW) really drive home the idea of somebody looking at the world, doubting if it is real, not being certain about what is being looked at, while also attempting to figure things out.

You just keep listening. I bet you didn't even notice.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CSPSmith View Post

Someone tweet that to Rob, pronto!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How fucking exciting is it to think that Trent and Atticus are now probably a month or so in to writing a new NIN record? Very curious to hear what's next.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Me a while ago: "I haven't listened to this in a long time..."
    Me now: "I'll listen to it another 38 times."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Me a while ago: "I haven't listened to this in a long time..."
    Me now: "I'll listen to it another 38 times."
    I wish they would put all those remixes on Bandcamp for purchase... fuck Spotify and Beats.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I wish they would put all those remixes on Bandcamp for purchase... fuck Spotify and Beats.
    Amen, brother

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    How fucking exciting is it to think that Trent and Atticus are now probably a month or so in to writing a new NIN record? Very curious to hear what's next.
    They should be at least two months in. The Oscars were on April 25. But yes, very exciting to think they're working on stuff, I agree!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Alessandro came in to the nin collectors group on FB and yelled at the still bootleg guy because he was in the process of getting one of the Sonio records bootlegged. Poor kid saw his life flash before his eyes haha

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Alessandro came in to the nin collectors group on FB and yelled at the still bootleg guy because he was in the process of getting one of the Sonio records bootlegged. Poor kid saw his life flash before his eyes haha
    flew too high and burnt the wing

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Alessandro was 100% right to shut that shit down.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Do you happen to have a screen shot of that? Good on him. It amazes me how entitled people feel about these bootleg preorders. There's a whole thread on the NIN subreddit today of people trashing someone for objecting to the bootlegs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So much money to be made with these shitty bootlegs, and people all jump for it. I'll never get it.

You just can't control this, no matter how hard you are going after them. You can flood the market and put out all the records, clothing, patches and stuff you want as a band, someone...mostly from certain countries *cough*... is still going to go for it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I get pressing Still on vinyl if Trent isn’t going to do it in a timely manner. I didn’t get a preorder of said bootleg, but I also prefer the official stuff. I’m sure Trent isn’t hurting in terms of money lost to this pressing. But bootlegging Ally’s stuff is wrong as he’s not the established artist with the recognition that NIN is.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    So much money to be made with these shitty bootlegs, and people all jump for it. I'll never get it.

You just can't control this, no matter how hard you are going after them. You can flood the market and put out all the records, clothing, patches and stuff you want as a band, someone...mostly from certain countries *cough*... is still going to go for it.
    To give the guy who did the Still blue/white splatter pressing his due, making money on it wasn't his intention. He just wanted to cover his costs and get 100ish copies into collectors' hands. The problem is that would never have been enough. For people who aren't aware, he was discussing doing a colour double-LP press (another multi-splatter job) for Further Down the Spiral, and a 12" with both versions of TR's Call of Duty: Black Ops II theme on it, but it was SONOIO Blue on red-and-blue swirl that caught Alessandro's attention. All the work he put in was coming from a good place, but he clearly didn't have permission to do any of it, and everyone in that group was using their real names on their FB profiles, so... yeah, it was bound to blow up in his face. Which is exactly what we all told him would happen... four months ago... when he announced he was doing it. Ah well.
    Last edited by botley; 06-27-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just... stopping ripping off artists that you like. It doesn't matter on their relative success or not... just stop ripping them off by supporting bootlegs of commercially available recordings.

Like, if someone pressed that Dec. 15, 2018 Palladium concert to CD and vinyl... that I can support to a degree.
    However, taking a previously released product and changing the format because of "collecting"... well... that's bullshit to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    He deserved it. Also, it kind of amazes me that Trent/NINcamp hasn't done the same.

It might be true that they're not profiting out of it. But they're reproducing copyrighted material illegaly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Entire NIN discography on Bandcamp would be dream come true.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I get pressing Still on vinyl if Trent isn’t going to do it in a timely manner.
    I don't. Why get a bootleg of an album that hasn't even been mastered for the format? Just to say you have it in your collection? It's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Underneath View Post
    Entire NIN discography on Bandcamp would be dream come true.
    With several different companies holding the rights to it, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't. Why get a bootleg of an album that hasn't even been mastered for the format? Just to say you have it in your collection? It's pointless.

With several different companies holding the rights to it, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.
    The same reason why literally any bootleg vinyl record in history exists, it's cool.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The same reason why literally any bootleg vinyl record in history exists, it's cool.
    If that's cool, then I'm glad I'm very uncool.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Anyone else think it would be fascinating to get a song breakdown/MWTM session like they did for The Lovers and GBDTD for “I’m Not From This World”? There is so much happening in that song. Imagine a commentary/breakdown for that track with TR and AR…

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was that a bootleg related to works under the "Nine Inch Nails" banner ? NIN already is so extremely forgiving and generous when it comes to giving away music or even allowing certain downloads of their music. It doesn't make sense to actively try and make money behind their backs. Dang, they used to have the remix website, the first ghosts under the creative commons license, downloadable videos on Vimeo, and so much more during the years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Anyone else think it would be fascinating to get a song breakdown/MWTM session like they did for The Lovers and GBDTD for “I’m Not From This World”? There is so much happening in that song. Imagine a commentary/breakdown for that track with TR and AR…
    I certainly hope Trent (and Atticus if it's a track he worked on) does another Song Exploder. The podcast episode on The Lovers and the Netflix episode on Hurt were both absolutely fantastic and super interesting with some unexpectedly deep insight into their construction and meaning. In the case of The Lovers, I came away with a newfound love and appreciation for a song I already loved. I'd welcome as many of those as they're willing to do with open arms.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This is St. Vincent's cover of Sad but True...sounds like Closer to me!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    This is St. Vincent's cover of Sad but True...sounds like Closer to me!

Yeah, it does!! Also, the video is really cool and the aesthetic looks like something NIN or HTDA could do for a video.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Stretching 'Leaving Hope' into a 45 min track and adding a rain track to it really helps my tinnitus out on the bad days. Same goes with 'A Warm Place'. NIN ASMR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Stretching 'Leaving Hope' into a 45 min track and adding a rain track to it really helps my tinnitus out on the bad days. Same goes with 'A Warm Place'. NIN ASMR!
    Oh man, I did the same after reading your comment. It sounds awesome!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    NIN camp has provided us with a wealth of odd gems these last couple years:

Watchmen soundtrack
    Jehnny Beth “To Love Is To Live” a few tracks produced by Atticus
    Tobacco - “Babysitter”
    Ghosts V / VI
    Mogwai - “Midnight Flit feat Atticus”
    Mank soundtrack
    Soul soundtrack
    HEALTH x Nine Inch Nails “Isn’t Everyone”

JMJ produced the most recent Drab Majesty record, as well as the upcoming Deafheaven record. Also performed with St. Vincent for her recent SNL performance.

Josh Freese & Robin Finck are featured heavily on the new Danny Elfman record.

Ilan recently released a single under his own name. Looks like he is still with Angels & Airwaves.

It seems like Ally is always releasing something new! Most recently SCURO CHIARO

And now the upcoming Halsey album -
    I can’t say I’m a fan of Halsey’s previous work, but I’m willing to be surprised!
    Last edited by Soma; 07-09-2021 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post

Watchmen soundtrack
    Jehnny Beth “To Love Is To Live” a few tracks produced by Atticus
    Tobacco - “Babysitter”
    Ghosts V / VI
    Mogwai - “Midnight Flit feat Atticus”
    Mank soundtrack
    Soul soundtrack
    HEALTH x Nine Inch Nails “Isn’t Everyone”

JMJ produced the most recent Drab Majesty record, as well as the upcoming Deafheaven record. Also performed with St. Vincent for her recent SNL performance.

Josh Freese & Robin Finck are featured heavily on the new Danny Elfman record.

Ilan recently released a single under his own name. Looks like he is still with Angels & Airwaves.

It seems like Ally is always releasing something new! Most recently SCURO CHIARO

And now the upcoming Halsey album -
    I can’t say I’m a fan of Halsey’s previous work, but I’m willing to be surprised!
    A few other miscellaneous things I can think of: Ilan did some drums for the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack, and Robin contributed guitar to a track from Serious Sam 4.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post

If we're bringing up Justin Meldal-Johnson performances on prominent records, Garbage's fantastic latest album No Gods No Masters has him performing bass on some of the tracks. Other tracks have contributions from Eric Avery of Jane's Addiction, who was at one point tapped to perform on the Tension tour.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 07-09-2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typo fix