Page 429 of 528 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,870 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    So now that the trilogy is over, you guys think we'll finally get the Definitive Editions of With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip up for preorder around Christmas time like Trent did previously?
    Plot twist: vinyl isn't restrictive (i mean, AUTHENTIC) enough of a listening experience, so all of these plus accompanying Deviations will only be released on 8-track cartridges. For when your deluxe box really is a big massive fucking box.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Plot twist: vinyl isn't restrictive (i mean, AUTHENTIC) enough of a listening experience, so all of these plus accompanying Deviations will only be released on 8-track cartridges. For when your deluxe box really is a big massive fucking box.
    Plot twist : it's actually released all and well and the new mastering will be so good you'll have to listen to a vinyl rip, forever yearning for the A U T H E N T I C experience

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Happy 4th July to all the fine US folk here.

Surprised this isn't on ninlive.com actually. Overall low quality, but decent enough to listen to.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Patrick Bateman is the kind of guy who would watch the chainsaw dismemberment in the Broken Movie and think he's doing it all wrong.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Loving all the pro shot streams we are getting from this summer festival tour. All 0 of them.....Figures the 2013 festival tour got a new stream every other day when they were sleepwalking through shows but now that they are back to playing intense shows we get jack shit.....

This could go in the NON-NIN Spotting 2018 Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Loving all the pro shot streams we are getting from this summer festival tour. All 0 of them.....Figures the 2013 festival tour got a new stream every other day when they were sleepwalking through shows but now that they are back to playing intense shows we get jack shit.....

I thought someone said the Montreux Jazz Festival show was being streamed?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I thought someone said the Montreux Jazz Festival show was being streamed?
    Is that confirmed? If so, that would be sick......I totally thought Roskilde would have been streamed tonight and then boom...Nothing....

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yeah ? well this is pure NIN choice of bad festivals... it has just been officially confirmed that NIN was wanted on Hellfest... (remember they were the only one on the 5 big rumors not being true) Hellfest got a huge stream/TV support, as most paris fests.......... Eurockeenes ? well, got nothing and no one is going there anyway... too old too far.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Yeah ? well this is pure NIN choice of bad festivals... it has just been officially confirmed that NIN was wanted on Hellfest... (remember they were the only one on the 5 big rumors not being true) Hellfest got a huge stream/TV support, as most paris fests.......... Eurockeenes ? well, got nothing and no one is going there anyway... too old too far.
    I noticed Werchter is being streamed today...Hopefully NINs show there this weekend gets streamed

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ooh looks like Shit Mirror will be the new single - i'm assuming it wouldn't be in this list otherwise
    http://www.beat.com.au/music/best-wo...ma-louise-more
    Oh shit (mirror) it couldb be that new next video

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Don't know about oversees, but singles are such a waste with NIN in the US. At least in Florida, none of the "corporate" rock stations play any of the new material. The day bad witch came out, a radio personality ranted and raved about how they loved the new single and couldn't wait to hear the new album, then went on to play Closer.... I said to my wife, WTF, they talk about the new stuff yet they play a 24 year old song.
    They must have their 'demographic'. God Break Down the Door has been played regularly on BBC 6 music, not that I listen to the radio ever. Anyway it'll be worth it if we finally get a proper video out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen those posters in the London Underground also.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If there's a music video for Shit Mirror thank me because I sent Trent a tweet about a music video for this exact track referring to Gambino just after the track-list reveal.

He certainly read the tweet and told himself "Oh yeah let's do that". And there we are.

I hope they take their sweet time to make it perfect.

And what the fuck are you doing Eurockéennes, where's my damn stream

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    If there's a music video for Shit Mirror thank me because I sent Trent a tweet about a music video for this exact track referring to Gambino just after the track-list reveal.

He certainly read the tweet and told himself "Oh yeah let's do that".
    Yes, that is certainly what happened.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Yes, that is certainly what happened.
    Moreover, that certainly happened.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Or Trent & Atticus already wanted to do a video for it and your line of thinking just happened to line up with theirs.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Well, a video drive project by our very own @ninlive (aka the creator of NIN Drive that you speak of) is currently in development. As to when will it see the light of day, only he can say.
    I've got a lot of other things going on. But that's in the long list of things I want to do with the archive. I have all of the nomenclature setup and want to add text files to each video source etc. These things take time with one person doing it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Is anyone else hoping that we get an autobiography some day? I know it’s unlikely since Trent Reznor seems to be a very private person and has talked about intentionally keeping an air of mystery, but I know he must have a lot of stories to tell.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Honestly, I do not want to see a movie made about Trent's life like Walk The Line or frigging Jersey Boys. If it's more like a documentary, then yeah, maybe. But some actor pretending to be Trent Reznor? Sorry no, that would be just lame. I don't even think Trent would want it either.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think Max is just referring to a book. I have a feeling that'll happen, probably when he's much older and more reflective.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Honestly, I do not want to see a movie made about Trent's life like Walk The Line or frigging Jersey Boys. If it's more like a documentary, then yeah, maybe. But some actor pretending to be Trent Reznor? Sorry no, that would be just lame. I don't even think Trent would want it either.
    I feel the same as you on the whole movie thing but I would say a young John Cusack could pull off a good representation of TR...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not The Actual Events > Bad Witch > Add Violence

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah, definitely talking about a book. Not personally interested in a movie. A book, if written well, might give us a lot of insight into where he is coming from during different eras. I doubt it will ever happen given how private he seems to be, but it sure would be fascinating.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I would LOVE to see that happen. Next to Nick Cave, TR would be at the top of my wishlist for rock people writing an autobiography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Yep it's about japan show, it's a very small french new band I know really well, they already paid for a major show a few weeks ago and just had the oportunity to do the same with nin ! Obvioulsy maybe it's just for japan, and maybe this was before Trent got propositions, but... apparently they have to pay, and it's kinda right because they are paying for a major boost of advertisement
    I've always thought paying for doing your job is just wrong.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    I've always thought paying for doing your job is just wrong.
    Unfortunately for musicians playing internationally, the business of booking a tour, fronting the insurance, putting up production costs, advertising and other promotion, travel expenses, etc. etc. etc. are necessary requirements to do your job. If you're lucky, you might get a bit of help from a bigger band to absorb those expenses, but in order to make it work they might have to pass a fraction of those costs on to you as well.

It can't be cheap for NIN to schlep another band all the way over to Japan... and I doubt they have many contacts with local Japanese bands. This is probably why Alessandro ended up doing the opening sets by himself at Studio Coast, last time they played there. They haven't had a different band open for them in that country since Serena Maneesh did both the Australia & Japan leg of the 2007 tour (which had more shows, therefore it was probably easier to amortize those expenses).
    Last edited by botley; 07-08-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Werchter has been streaming all of their main bands this weekend so there is no fucking excuse for tonights show not to be streamed.....If tonight isnt streamed, then you have to wonder if Trent is not allowing it to be streamed...Which would be a dick thing to do

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Werchter has been streaming all of their main bands this weekend so there is no fucking excuse for tonights show not to be streamed.....If tonight isnt streamed, then you have to wonder if Trent is not allowing it to be streamed...Which would be a dick thing to do
    I absolutely agree. They have been streaming everything, even the new bands which still have to build op a name. Yet, NIN has been ignored. It is so weird. It makes very little sense.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    I absolutely agree. They have been streaming everything, even the new bands which still have to build op a name. Yet, NIN has been ignored. It is so weird. It makes very little sense.
    Since its obvious zero pro shots are coming from this tour, at least we can look forward to the official NIN live video for the 2018 tour....To be released sometime between 2024 and never

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Since its obvious zero pro shots are coming from this tour, at least we can look forward to the official NIN live video for the 2018 tour....To be released sometime between 2024 and never
    There's been a lot of cameras on stage, maybe Tension 2018