Page 407 of 528 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 507 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,210 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    To be clear, I'm talking about the "swarm guitar" effect, not the Swarmatron. It's that whooshing, shrieking, swarm of bees guitar sound. A more recent example can be heard in the second half of "Less Than".
    To be clear, we're talking about this effect, right?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yep, that's it. Nothing against the Swarmatron, of course. I love it too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Release that third EP already! JESUS FUCK!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    When I first bought Twisted Metal Black when it came out, I thought Trent did the menu music

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Would it be so bad if Mariqueen sang a little in NIN?
    I think it would piss a lot of people off, but I would like it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'd be down with that, especially since How To Destroy Angels may be dormant for the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That's exactly what HTDA is for, though. Because that's exactly what HTDA is and sounds like: NIN (TR & AR) + Mariqueen. It wouldn't piss me off if she were to show up sparingly as she has already successfully done in She's Gone Away, that would work fine. Something more along the lines of La Mer could probably work too. But if she's going to be the lead singer and "star of the show," I prefer that remaining under the HTDA moniker. Atticus may be an official member now (and for the record, I'm a fan of his contributions), but NIN is still (and will always be) Trent Reznor. That also means that he does whatever the fuck he wants, though. I love How to Destroy Angels (especially Welcome Oblivion), I just think that if I hear her beautiful voice flowing through music made by Trent & Atticus, it should be given its own unique voice, identity, and title so it's allowed to create its own legacy and impact without having to live up to and fit into NIN's.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    A little is fine, but full songs really should be kept to HTDA. Otherwise there's potential for a fanbase split, like what happened with KMFDM and Lucia.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's exactly what HTDA is for, though. Because that's exactly what HTDA is and sounds like: NIN (TR & AR) + Mariqueen. It wouldn't piss me off if she were to show up sparingly as she has already successfully done in She's Gone Away, that would work fine. Something more along the lines of La Mer could probably work too. But if she's going to be the lead singer and "star of the show," I prefer that remaining under the HTDA moniker. Atticus may be an official member now (and for the record, I'm a fan of his contributions), but NIN is still (and will always be) Trent Reznor. That also means that he does whatever the fuck he wants, though. I love How to Destroy Angels (especially Welcome Oblivion), I just think that if I hear her beautiful voice flowing through music made by Trent & Atticus, it should be given its own unique voice, identity, and title so it's allowed to create its own legacy and impact without having to live up to and fit into NIN's.
    Yeah, i just would like a LITTLE bit.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ saw that reference on Raw, I marked out lol

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Sorry to be that guy but this looks like bad photoshopped fan art.
    While I dig the Russell Mills aesthetic, I definitely understand why those weren't chosen for official album art.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    While I dig the Russell Mills aesthetic, I definitely understand why those weren't chosen for official album art.
    I think I saw those on fan-made wallpaper packs back in 2002 when I first discovered NIN and thought that someone had just photoshopped them. Whoops!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

source

this made me laugh so hard
    Good ol' Boat. One of the best. He drops NIN references now and then. Also a Rocket / Night Marchers / Hot Snakes fan. Good follow, that account.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Despite the audio issues
    Ugh, panning the voices HARD left & right made the podcast unlistenable. I had to bust out my Klipsch in-ear headphones to seal out enough background noise to hear the conversation.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Just re-watched the video for Less Than and noticed a bunch of arms pointing downwards. May be a reference to God's arm in The Wretched, or more probably, The Presence, given AV's connections with YZ.

These are throughout the video but most noticeable in the break from about 2:40 onwards.

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If Trent feels like a Nine Inch Nails song actually needs female vocals then I am fine with him choosing Mariqueen or anybody really. It's his project so he can decide what he feels suits NIN.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    If Trent feels like a Nine Inch Nails song actually needs female vocals then I am fine with him choosing Mariqueen or anybody really. It's his project so he can decide what he feels suits NIN.
    Ha no. Remember the “Everything” hoopla? Poor guy scraped it’s release because, well, I don’t really know why. The online reaction messed with him. If it was really his decision, then fan opinions wouldn’t get in the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is almost everybody talking as if She's Gone Away hadn't already happened? I guess it's a question of her singing lead rather than backing vocals, but still...

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Why is almost everybody talking as if She's Gone Away hadn't already happened? I guess it's a question of her singing lead rather than backing vocals, but still...
    Naw, it's not so much that I want her to sing LEAD. I just think it might be cool if it was a little louder and more noticeable. Like, I didn't know she was on She's Gone Away.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Naw, it's not so much that I want her to sing LEAD. I just think it might be cool if it was a little louder and more noticeable. Like, I didn't know she was on She's Gone Away.
    yeah you did, because you watched twin peaks while the stage "performance" was mock, her vocals have always been in the song (and also credited in the P.C. / liner notes)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Made this playlist on my phone with some of the new songs and some old ones with the Year Zero and life-inside-a-dream- theme and it works great for me. All the tracks even segue each other great without the need of crossfades. Hope you like it.

1- Burning Bright (Field on Fire)
    2- The Lovers
    3- Less Than
    4- Not Anymore
    5- Me I'm Not
    6- Dear World,
    7- The Warning
    8- Head Down
    9- The Idea of You
    10- Another Version of the Truth
    11- This Isn't The Place
    12- The Line Begins To Blur
    13- Beside You In Time
    14- Right Where It Belongs
    This is a great playlist but I made one change to mine. I replaced the warning with home. Gives the middle section some room to breathe and I think strengthens the narrative. But nice work.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah you did, because you watched twin peaks while the stage "performance" was mock, her vocals have always been in the song (and also credited in the P.C. / liner notes)
    See I honestly just thought she was onstage in twin peaks for the fuck of it. Seriously.
    It's no surprise; you guys have accused me of being deaf before lololol.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-30-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    See I honestly just thought she was onstage in twin peaks for the fuck of it. Seriously.
    Your comment reminded me of this video :P But in Yoko's case, her input cannot pass unnoticed

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Same here, other than I knew she was on there due to people on ETS discussing it. I can barely make out someone doing her part in that song. Could’ve been some synth effect and I wouldn’t have known any different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know, the vocals are pretty low in the mix and buried in reverb, but I think it's quite discernible they come from a female voice.
    Last edited by Shunt; 03-31-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Ha no. Remember the “Everything” hoopla? Poor guy scraped it’s release because, well, I don’t really know why. The online reaction messed with him. If it was really his decision, then fan opinions wouldn’t get in the way.
    I actually enjoy that song. Shame it got the reaction it did

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Yeah but he put it on a record and then stands by its existence regardless of public fallout like most of Pretty Hate Machine for example, which you can tell he dislikes somewhat but appreciates still as a reference point for where he was in his life. "Everything" is where he was at that point in his life and I can't argue against it. The man puts his feelings in his music and the people shit on it, of course he's gonna be upset when people don't like his feelings because alot of people believe Trent is a very angsty negative dude and can't be positive ever. I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate the song he just hates how people reacted to that side of him and that's understandable.

I feel like people just don't like straight forward upbeat rock NIN. Songs like "Getting Smaller" and "Not So Pretty Now" are polarizing to fans and now "Everything" has joined it. I like all three. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 03-30-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Anyone who thought Everything was in any way a "happy" song didn't read the lyrics.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    wish i could go to the vegas shows....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So uh, I'm pretty sure Trent sampled Kraftwerk on "Not Anymore."

Last edited by nooneimportant; 04-01-2018 at 05:19 AM.