Page 37 of 528 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    So, in two months, it'll be six years since I first joined ETS! Whoa, never thought I'd be a part of this community for so long. These days, I visit ETS more frequently than I used to. You guys are just like one big family to me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    So, in two months, it'll be six years since I first joined ETS! Whoa, never thought I'd be a part of this community for so long. These days, I visit ETS more frequently than I used to. You guys are just like one big family to me.
    you're not my real mum!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Wow, it's crazy..come this August it will have been nine years since I first joined ETS. It's like I mentioned once before, my music tastes has changed a lot over the years and I've fell in love with bands just as much as I have forgotten about them...but the one thing that's always remained a constant is how much Nine Inch Nails has had an impact on my life and how much I love talking about both old and upcoming records/tours and such with everyone here.

I've been on here quite frequently as well lately and have been in even better contact with more users here than I was back in the old thread days. Hope to keep this going! I can't wait to talk about more NIN stuff with all of you this year.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The Leeds & Reading poster made me laugh. The NIN logo is right above Fall Out Boy. It instantly reminded me of that Meathead toon about Ghosts where a fan had posters of NIN and FOB on his bedroom. "Mom, can I borrow your credit card?" Damn, more and more Meathead predictions are coming true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am sort of ashamed for saying this but i recently found out that the song title la mer could be interpreted as both for french and english lamer (nobel prize genius, i know lol). how do you pronounce it? sorry if i got the wrong thread

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^^^
    The girl who sings the song pronounces its title twice, at 1:13 and 1:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^

That's what i thought, thanks. Anyway i just wanted to know if some fans referred to the song as "lamer"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Listening to the soundtrack for The Social Network while doing homework makes me feel like I'm inventing Facebook.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    pretty sure "no one ever does", or the music TR made for it, ALSO appears in chopped up form as the chorus for "niggy tardust", which TR has said was a fragile out take.

ergo, "no one ever does" is a fragile out-take. Listen to the guitars and you will know it to be true

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ensanchecedor View Post
    I am sort of ashamed for saying this but i recently found out that the song title la mer could be interpreted as both for french and english lamer (nobel prize genius, i know lol). how do you pronounce it? sorry if i got the wrong thread
    This reminds me of the time I realised that some anglophones don't pronouce other languages in their accents. I'm a little disturbed at how people in California pronounce "noir".

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    pretty sure "no one ever does", or the music TR made for it, ALSO appears in chopped up form as the chorus for "niggy tardust", which TR has said was a fragile out take.

ergo, "no one ever does" is a fragile out-take. Listen to the guitars and you will know it to be true
    This.

I was under the impression that many of the songs TR initially sent to Saul were actually just 'The Lost Fragile Tracks'. You can hear The Fragile aesthetic through much of the album, in particular Break and Raised To Be Lowered. But that might just be TR's magic touch.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I was under the impression that many of the songs TR initially sent to Saul were actually just 'The Lost Fragile Tracks'.
    Yes, because they were. Both Trent and Saul explicitly described origins of almost all tracks, and many of them indeed have music from The Fragile outtakes, while some other ones have Trent's Tapeworm music.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    if Saul's album did not happen, who knows, maybe HTDA wouldn't have happened either...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yes, because they were. Both Trent and Saul explicitly described origins of almost all tracks, and many of them indeed have music from The Fragile outtakes, while some other ones have Trent's Tapeworm music.
    DO you know where I can find this ?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    DO you know where I can find this ?
    as always, ninwiki is your friend

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yep, there was a 14 track initial ideas CD and many of them were Fragile/Tapeworm

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Yep, there was a 14 track initial ideas CD and many of them were Fragile/Tapeworm
    Although it's highly unlikely, it would be amazing if this ever surfaced.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I made a playlist of (most of) the songs NIN/Trent has covered, have I made any big misses? Also, feel free to steal:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I made a playlist of (most of) the songs NIN/Trent has covered, have I made any big misses?
    Should "Immigrant Song" be on there? Or was that more Karen O's deal than it was Trent/Atticuss?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I made a playlist of (most of) the songs NIN/Trent has covered, have I made any big misses? Also, feel free to steal:
    If you're gonna count "Sunday Bloody Sunday" then I would also consider "Immigrant Song" and "Is Your Love Strong Enough?"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It was Fincher's deal really - but it *is* on there ... if you have Led Zeppelin on your PC. LZ have chosen to not be on Spotify, so I can't add them to a public playlist, but if you set your spotify to show unplayable tracks, it will come up.

edit: and IYLSE is on there too, if you can't see it then it's not available in your country

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What about Sex Dwarf?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Sex Dwarf is in there too - in retrospect, using Spotify to show it might've been a bad idea compared to just a text list, clearly no country has all the songs :P

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This is on Aaron North's wiki entry. Holy crap if this is true:

In late 2008, North suffered a nervous breakdown while mixing the Jubilee album. After subsequent hospitalizations, he ceased all activity with the band. A "motorcycle accident" was used as a public explanation at the time. Months later, attempts to form a new lineup of the band and finish the album were also abandoned due to North's struggles with mental health and addiction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You forgot the cover of 4'33" on Broken.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Also: Supernaut, Red Scab, Beat My Guest, songs from Nights of Nothing tour (Animal, Tough, RVSP, Wise Up Sucker);
    African Student Movement, List of Demands, Banged and Blown Through;
    Hall of the Mountain King (duh)
    Last edited by fillow; 03-30-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    another one of those "complete the list" games? my turn: I'm afraid of americans

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Also: Supernaut, Red Scab, Beat My Guest, songs from Nights of Nothing tour (Animal, Tough, RVSP, Wise Up Sucker);
    African Student Movement, List of Demands, Banged and Blown Through;
    Hall of the Mountain King (duh)
    Ah damn forgot those - Mountain King though, what would I put on as the "original"? Every conductor makes variations to the original Grieg piece, and I think he died to early for anyone to have recorded HIM conducting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

but no conductor ever lists himself as the composer of the piece in the symphony program. the composer is always credited and the program always includes a segment about the composer and the piece.

http://cso.org/uploadedFiles/1_Ticke...ssin_Grieg.pdf
    Last edited by allegro; 03-30-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    True - I guess, which of the myriad of performances should I go for though? My favourite performance of it is Maksim Mrvica's, but that might be too contemporary to be considered the "original"