Page 361 of 528 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 461 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,830 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    What is this referring to?
    Charlie Clouser being unceremoniously kicked out of the band.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Charlie Clouser being unceremoniously kicked out of the band.
    Pardon my ignorance, but I don't think I've heard this story. Have you got a link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I don't think I've heard this story. Have you got a link?
    PMed

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    At least he didn't piss in anyone's shoes this time

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    At least he didn't piss in anyone's shoes this time
    Um...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that's a reference to Robin when Aaron North was named the NIN guitarist.

EDIT: here's Meathead on it, this is the only place I've heard it so not sure if that was an actual TR quote. Gonna have to read down some:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080405.htm
    Last edited by Krazy; 05-25-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Pretty sure that's a reference to Robin when Aaron North was named the NIN guitarist.

EDIT: here's Meathead on it, this is the only place I've heard it so not sure if that was an actual TR quote. Gonna have to read down some:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080405.htm

TR can be harsh. I'm glad it didn't scare Robin away for good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Same. It was upsetting to read that, as a fan of Robin's playing and singing as well as his general stage presence. I'm just glad Robin is back, seemingly for good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    TR can be harsh. I'm glad it didn't scare Robin away for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Same. It was upsetting to read that, as a fan of Robin's playing and singing as well as his general stage presence.
    Yeah, I remember being rather surprised by that statement as well, but I think that it comes off sounding more harsh than it was intended, really. The "[pissing] on Robin's shoes and [kicking] them out the door where they belong" bit stands out as being rather aggressive, but it's bookended by stuff like "looking for someone to fill [his] shoes," and calling his time with Robin "a great chapter." I think the pissing on shoes was more just about Aaron's general fuck-everything attitude while playing, and an indication of intentionally severing ties with the past, rather than an attack on Robin. I too am glad that it didn't cause a rift! I suspect that their parting of ways was actually quite amicable behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It still occurs to me that whenever I think about Trent's picture inside With Teeth, I still always ending up picturing this, thanks to Meathead.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp050422.htm

@reznovka @Destruct26 - I just thought that you might like to see this, also in some hopes for the trend to continue.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I suppose I kept forgetting it, because I hardly ever thought about it, but it sometimes seems like certain Nine Inch Nails lyrics and moments can be also interpreted as passive-aggressiveness and sarcasm. (Kind of like in a "All right, just pound a stake in my heart some more, why don't you!?" or "Ah, I feel like a million bucks. Couldn't get any better than this. Don't mind the knives in my back." type of way.)

It makes even more sense now that it has occurred to me, because it's very much possible to have those traits sometimes mix in with emotions such as rage, emptiness and misery, or themes such as addiction and ego. It certainly adds more dimensions than I've previously considered or even known to my listening experience so far, while also giving me some dark humor to boot. (Which I'm sure was implied in some of his videos too.)

Some examples I could think of for now would be Head Like A Hole, Ringfinger, Wish and Happiness in Slavery. I'm also feeling a lot of it in Burning Bright (Field on Fire) as far as his most recent work goes. I'm sure that's also yet another reason as to why I love that song so much as it's also one of the NIN songs that has me feeling multiple emotions at once. Break through the surface and breath. Indeed.

I just wanted to get that out there before I forget about it again.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-27-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo infinity View Post
    it still occurs to me that whenever i think about trent's picture inside with teeth, i still always ending up picturing this, thanks to meathead.

@reznovka @destruct26 - i just thought that you might like to see this, also in some hopes for the trend to continue.
    long live meathead!!!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    It still occurs to me that whenever I think about Trent's picture inside With Teeth, I still always ending up picturing this, thanks to Meathead.

@reznovka @Destruct26 - I just thought that you might like to see this, also in some hopes for the trend to continue.

made my day <3

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    What destroyed NIN? Atticus Ross.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    After slamming the album on Twitter, Reznor told Rolling Stone he “immediately regretted” doing so.
    Uh huh. Regretted it so much, he made that hilarious Strobe Light parody a month later ( http://www.nin.wiki/Strobe_Light )

Ahead of NIN’s 2014 tour with Soundgarden, Reznor said he emailed Cornell to apologize. “He was very cool and generous about it – ‘It’s the past, fuck it. Let’s go on,’” he said. “The Chris I met on that tour was a gentleman that completely had his shit together.”
    I can't wait for 'Scream' to get that inevitable vinyl release in the next few years, so we can see critics and musicians alike suddenly praising it for being a daring experimental excursion that was far ahead of its time..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I got the "Feel The Pain" 1995 soundboard bootleg in the mail today: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/1412249

This was the second NIN show I ever saw, preceded by the show in Hershey five days prior (found on the 'Monsters In Space" boot: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/1413833)

Feel The Pain is the same as the Children of the Night bootleg, but with way better packaging, including an 8-page booklet of photos and tour dates. These were the first two "real" concerts I ever attended and I had to do hilariously shitty work for my parents for months afterwards just so I could go. Still worth it though; seeing and hearing that version of 'Hurt' with Bowie was absolutely soul-consuming and was the closest thing to an out of body experience I've ever known..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post

Uh huh. Regretted it so much, he made that hilarious Strobe Light parody a month later ( http://www.nin.wiki/Strobe_Light )

I can't wait for 'Scream' to get that inevitable vinyl release in the next few years, so we can see critics and musicians alike suddenly praising it for being a daring experimental excursion that was far ahead of its time..
    Or Audioslave for that matter....Critics MASSACRED everything Cornell has done post 1996...Audioslave got horrific reviews (esp their 2nd and 3rd albums) and his 2007 solo album Carry On got almost as bad reviews as Scream..now everything will be regarded as unappreciated works of genius....Apparently sales and streams of Cornell albums are up 550% this week....550%!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post

It's entirely possible that I'm missing something due to my ignorance of Cornell's solo material (I'm most familiar with his Soundgarden output), but what does Strobe Light have to do with him? The only thing I see is the "PRODUCED BY TIMBALAND" mention, which seems more like a dig on Timbaland (I am aware that he produced Scream, though) than anything.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    If I could ever find even a mediocre recording of my first show (Erie 06) I would be so happy. I've only ever found 2 very low quality old cellphone clips from the 200-300 level seats which I think have been removed from YouTube anyway.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

spotify what are you doing

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Where did this Ross hate start even? Taking away the "dirty" sound? The Slip, Year Zero were dity as fuck and raw as hell, don't even get me started how dirty Not The Actual Events is.

I don't get it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Where did this Ross hate start even? Taking away the "dirty" sound? The Slip, Year Zero were dity as fuck and raw as hell, don't even get me started how dirty Not The Actual Events is.

I don't get it.
    not to mention Ghosts. even if you don't LIKE that album, you have to acknowledge that it was trent as his most experimental and fresh, and atticus co-wrote the whole album with him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not to mention Ghosts. even if you don't LIKE that album, you have to acknowledge that it was trent as his most experimental and fresh, and atticus co-wrote the whole album with him.
    And Tetsuo Bullet Man Theme.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oho... I've made the realisation that I never had Deep 4:06 version. :O What do I do?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    And Tetsuo Bullet Man Theme.
    I always thought Trent wrote that on his own, I just recently found out that Atticus was involved in that, too.

If you ask me, one of the best songs they ever did.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    spotify what are you doing
    Are you saying that their tracklisting is... broken??!?

I... I'll see myself out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again, ive just listened to Beside You In Time, Trent is totally yelling "START THE SONG!!!" at the beginning of Burn & Witha Teetha.

Of course he is, TR is sick of listening to the loops and wants to RAWK.

Come on guys, wut else could it be?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    One of my favourite things is reading articles from the early 90s saying Broken's new sound ruined NIN's appeal, and that TDS's weird piano stuff ruined NIN, and don't forget P4K saying Fragile ruined NIN.

Everything apparently ruins NIN depending on what eras you enjoy. Personally I think not releasing Strobe Light ruined NIN

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again, ive just listened to Beside You In Time, Trent is totally yelling "START THE SONG!!!" at the beginning of Burn & Witha Teetha.

Of course he is, TR is sick of listening to the loops and wants to RAWK.

Come on guys, wut else could it be?
    That must be an insider. I don't get the joke.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    One of my favourite things is reading articles from the early 90s saying Broken's new sound ruined NIN's appeal, and that TDS's weird piano stuff ruined NIN, and don't forget P4K saying Fragile ruined NIN.

Everything apparently ruins NIN depending on what eras you enjoy. Personally I think not releasing Strobe Light ruined NIN
    The ambient opening of Head Like A Hole ruined NIN, obviously.