Page 96 of 528 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Now upon doing that, I finally thought of Copy Of A to that video. I don't know why on Earth I didn't think of doing that sooner. I probably must've forgotten due to so many thoughts going off in my mind at once simultaneously.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have, yeah.. I just thought it was strange.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to appreciate Everything more and more, as it's able to put a very nice spin on some of my depression. It helps me want to stick around for spite too, thus allowing me to move on. I sort of got that vibe from it too.

"Like yeah, I survived everything, so fuck you bitches!"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I was thinking about the movie Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and was wondering when the next film would come out and who would direct it. Apparently Fincher is still interested in doing it. I remember when asked about scoring the second film, Trent said it depended on Fincher's involvement with the film. What's holding the film back is Daniel Craig's salary. Once that is taken care of, it seems like those next two films will be made. So, I guess my random thought is how this affects the future of NIN in let's say, 2014/15 and HDA as well. If Fincher signs on for the next two movies, and Trent does the next two scores, would it be 2016 before we hear from NIN again, assuming late next year and part of 2015 are dedicated to scoring?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^I was wondering that too! i would love "The girl who played with fire" directed by Fincher with soundtrack by Trent and Atticus.
    I do think that Trent can "balance out" the soundtracks with the band...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I remember Fincher saying Trent had part of the Social Network score right after seeing an early cut of the movie. Hopefully he can work that fast and produce that quality of a sound track for the next two. It's just NIN has put out one of its best albums and, from what I have heard, best live shows in a while. I would hate for them to lose momentum because of the scores. I'm excited for the next two movies. Though, they said if they can't arrange a salary with Craig, then they might write him out of the movie.
    Last edited by icecream; 10-26-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Oh Courtney, how far you've fallen...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    ^^^^^ This video is spreading like a disease tonight! It's everywhere! AAAAAAHHHHH!!! WHY?!?!?

I better hear Into The Void at every show I go to next month. ARE YOU TAKING NOTE, TRENT?!?!? EVERY SHOW!!!

But I'll settle for once...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'd actually hope and wish to see Nine Inch Nails perform The Only Time and Happiness In Slavery on my 4th NIN concert if such a thing were to ever happen. I know it's highly unlikely, but it's one of those things that I like to dream about sometimes.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'd actually hope and wish to see Nine Inch Nails perform The Only Time and Happiness In Slavery on my 4th NIN concert if such a thing were to ever happen. I know it's highly unlikely, but it's one of those things that I like to dream about sometimes.
    The #1 dick tease ever, Chicago wave goodbye tour, night one. Opens with Pinion, then Wish, then Last... then 1,000,000. The only reason I cared about "OMG ARE WE GETTING BROKEN?!" is for HIS. One of my favorite songs.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm sure he had to know what he was doing. He just had to. There's no way he didn't. (I get it's his choice and all, but still.)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah here we are again... HAPPINESS IN FUCKING SLAVERY!!!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    The #1 dick tease ever, Chicago wave goodbye tour, night one. Opens with Pinion, then Wish, then Last... then 1,000,000. The only reason I cared about "OMG ARE WE GETTING BROKEN?!" is for HIS. One of my favorite songs.
    Haha, same shit in Hungary, but it was Discipline next.

Oh, yeah, random thoughts: I miss all those "Trent ranting about something" and random wtf videos from NIN's previous tours. You know, fan telling him the lyrics to Closer, singing the lyrics of Closer during Discipline, getting a bra, signing meathead's tour book (or whatever that was, haha), ranting about being cold, ranting about Bush sucks, these kind of things.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Does anybody else also find themselves listening to Every Day Is Exactly The Same on the way to school and/or work often?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm sure he had to know what he was doing. He just had to. There's no way he didn't. (I get it's his choice and all, but still.)
    Yeah, considering he did TDS the whole way through only a few nights before. Trent is a fucking troll, but I kinda love that about him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    As much as I'd love to see Broken played in its entirety, I would WAY rather see PHM played all the way through, especially reworked like how Sanctified is.

A man can dream.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Yeah, considering he did TDS the whole way through only a few nights before. Trent is a fucking troll, but I kinda love that about him.
    They did that with PHM one night, too. (The troll thing, i mean.) It was actually really funny seeing everyone's reactions and knowing we were all thinking the same thing.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    How far into PHM did he go? Sanctified? Something I Can Never Have?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How far into PHM did he go? Sanctified? Something I Can Never Have?
    Just HLAH and TL. Then jumped to "sin".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The new Came Back Haunted video. At least, for me

Also, I thought the line was "Gods on crosses for what I've done" instead of "Consequences for what I've done" before looking at the lyrics. Most of the time it still sounds like that to me.
    Last edited by blassster; 10-27-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I remember that clip and that was a great one. Lou telling Trent that "you rock smart" and drinking a beer w/ him. We're going to miss him.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've always thought/believed that Nine Inch Nails is obviously more than capable of making another Broken and/or The Downward Spiral if he felt like it, but also just as obviously chooses not to. It just occurred to me again when I listened to the following songs.

Somewhat Damaged
    Pilgrimage
    Appendage
    10 Miles High
    The noise at the end of No, You Don't.
    The screams in The Line Begins To Blur.
    You Know What You Are?
    Hyperpower!
    My Violent Heart
    19 - Ghosts III
    Letting You
    Black Noise

Driver Down
    Tetsuo - Tetsuo: The Bullet Man Theme

An entire album or EP of most of these sounds and styles would be perfect for another Broken and/or TDS. (I'm also well aware that's what Trent hasn't been going for, and that he'd have to be sincere about it first. It's just that it always occurred to me whenever I listened to those songs.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-28-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Does anybody else also find themselves listening to Every Day Is Exactly The Same on the way to school and/or work often?
    Present company included.
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Also, I thought the line was "Gods on crosses for what I've done" instead of "Consequences for what I've done" before looking at the lyrics. Most of the time it still sounds like that to me.
    Do we have a misheard lyrics thread? I need to post a few of my misheard lyrics.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stumbled upon this today. "Short Edit" (not Radio Edit) of We're In This Together.
    I knew of its existence but never thought to look for it.

Intro is pretty different. http://pleer.com/tracks/5341975h12y

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    For a first-time listen, I think that would be pretty epic. However, I'll always love the LP version of We're In This Together the most.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I remember that clip and that was a great one. Lou telling Trent that "you rock smart" and drinking a beer w/ him. We're going to miss him.
    I already miss him

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by utterben View Post
    Stumbled upon this today. "Short Edit" (not Radio Edit) of We're In This Together.
    I knew of its existence but never thought to look for it.

Intro is pretty different. http://pleer.com/tracks/5341975h12y
    wow, yeah, that's a complete re-arrangement choice. i wonder how long they toiled over that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay I've looked through a load of this tour and the summer festival tour's set lists (having considered flying to Leeds or reading for NIN playing) , getting what I consider to be a fantastic set in Belfast's Belsonic I can't help but selfishly be annoyed by the fact I still havn't seen Discliplne live. Poppy, yes completely.

PS Belfast gig was truly amazing, still hoping for an audio of it. Would have recorded it myself too if I had some decent equipment.
    pps this post was made possible entirely by the use and subsequent obsession with reflectingthechrome.