Page 92 of 528 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 15837

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I fucking love so many of you NIN fans so much right now. People have shown me such much kindness and generosity over the past few weeks in helping me out with my trip in different ways. Amazing!

I can't wait to thank you for myself next month!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Professionally filmed Ghosts I-IV played live at the Sydney Opera House, followed with the release of Ghosts V-VIII soonerishly after.
    Ahhhhh a man can dream though. A man can dream.
    YZ2 can wait.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Seeing this got me to wonder what Alex Jones would've thought of Year Zero.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You do realize that Alex Jones is completely batshit crazy, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Adding the additional singers is a master stroke. I mean they sound fucking brilliant, ambient-funk band transformation is perfect.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    You do realize that Alex Jones is completely batshit crazy, right?
    That's why I was still wondering what he would say about Year Zero after doing something like that. I also meant to say that partially in jest, as I've also caught videos of him at his craziest too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The percussion break and outro of "Satellite" (2:50 - end) is absolutely great. The song hasn't really been one of my preferred favorites from the new album but that part is one of the coolest parts on the album. It sounds like a blend of all his styles. The dub reggae sounding echo on his voice at 2:50 is badass.

Anyone think that the progression that starts at 3:04 is the same as "Black Noise?"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    As far as Nine Inch Nails related things go, all I can really think about right now is just resting up and recovering for the actual concert I'll attending in just a mere two days. I was at the verge of getting a full-blown cold. Talk about lame. It seems to be going away right now though as I'm not giving it a chance to overtake me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    As far as Nine Inch Nails related things go, all I can really think about right now is just resting up and recovering for the actual concert I'll attending in just a mere two days. I was at the verge of getting a full-blown cold. Talk about lame. It seems to be going away right now though as I'm not giving it a chance to overtake me.
    I have been working like 18 hour days the past week, and have had a crazy fever the past few nights, so much so that my bed was just drenched in sweat... BUT NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've always imagined what the following would look were it not for ETS being chosen for the forum title.

timestartsslowingdown

sink
    untilidrown

everything
    isclear

ierase
    thefear

i
    candisappear

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    With "In Two" played tonight, we're now just missing The Eater Of Dreams and Everything. Reckon they'll appear?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    With "In Two" played tonight, we're now just missing The Eater Of Dreams and Everything. Reckon they'll appear?
    eater of dreams appears as walk-in music doesn't it? everything got rehearsed, so its only a matter of time

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Maybe Just Once live... orgasm

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    We all know they're saving the best for last with "Everything."

I actually think that would be a good one to hear live, especially given that nearly every live version of an HM track I've heard so far sounds as good if not better than the original.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I have been working like 18 hour days the past week, and have had a crazy fever the past few nights, so much so that my bed was just drenched in sweat... BUT NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW
    Yeah... thanks to this post, Piggy is going to be playing in my mind on the way to the NIN show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I did some toying around with the CRC Sessions files. I first had a 192kbps mp3 copy, but recently got a lossless version (just checked that it's the same one that's on RITC). I thought that the mp3 version sounded much better, it almost sounded like a different recording altogether. The lossless one sounded tinny and the vocals were drowned. Looked at the spectros on each, decided to do some low pass filter under 16000 Hz to approach matching the data of the mp3 version. They started to almost sound the same after filtering.

So... just a random discovery -- though the lossless copy is obviously the original quality and objectively superior, lossless sounded a bit worse to me due to being drowned in junk noise from the high freqs. I just made my own edit of the lossless with a slight rolloff, but not as low at 16k.
    Last edited by blassster; 10-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Should probably post this in controversial NIN opinions topic, but I think I want to see Maybe Just Once live more than TPD.
    I want a time machine.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I did some toying around with the CRC Sessions files. I first had a 192kbps mp3 copy, but recently got a lossless version (just checked that it's the same one that's on RITC). I thought that the mp3 version sounded much better, it almost sounded like a different recording altogether. The lossless one sounded tinny and the vocals were drowned. Looked at the spectros on each, decided to do some low pass filter under 16000 Hz to approach matching the data of the mp3 version. They started to almost sound the same after filtering.

So... just a random discovery -- though the lossless copy is obviously the original quality and objectively superior, lossless sounded a bit worse to me due to being drowned in junk noise from the high freqs. I just made my own edit of the lossless with a slight rolloff, but not as low at 16k.
    how long had you been listening to it in MP3? that's usually the source of preference in these cases, although i don't disagree there's some unneeded hiss at the top end of those CRC recordings.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    how long had you been listening to it in MP3? that's usually the source of preference in these cases, although i don't disagree there's some unneeded hiss at the top end of those CRC recordings.
    A few years. I haven't listened to them for a while until last week, then I got around to comparing these files because they didn't sound as I remembered. When TR says something with an "S" or "T" it sounds kinda scratchy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cool moment yesterday: I went to see Queens of the Stone Age, at a festival in my hometown with a Mastodon T Shirt and i was waiting in the foodcourt line when a guy with a brand new NIN Tension T Shirt approached to me, we both made approval gestures about our shirts and went our separate ways...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Cool moment yesterday: I went to se Queens of the Stone Age at a festival in my hometown with a Mastodoon T Shirt and i was waiting in the foodcourt line when a guy with a brand new NIN Tension T Shirt approached to me, we both made approval gestures about our shirts and went our separate ways...
    i love moments like that so much.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Cool moment yesterday: I went to se Queens of the Stone Age at a festival in my hometown with a Mastodoon T Shirt and i was waiting in the foodcourt line when a guy with a brand new NIN Tension T Shirt approached to me, we both made approval gestures about our shirts and went our separate ways...
    I've had that moment a few times, it's hysterical and awesome.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    idle fantasy: after seeing four Fragile songs last night, I want more than ever to hear the new band play The Fragile, front to back. Can you imagine the backing singers on The Big Comedown? Where is Everybody???

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I may wind up in London next year with the girlfriend as she has a sister that lives there and wants us to visit. Is it bad that I'm really hoping that NIN is playing there at the same time?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    Can you imagine the backing singers on The Big Comedown?
    WHELP, I can tell you now from personal experience that it's awesome.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    i may wind up in london next year with the girlfriend as she has a sister that lives there and wants us to visit. Is it bad that i'm really hoping that nin is playing there at the same time?

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    What's funny is that, at the end of one of the songs in Cleveland, someone triggered a sample that sounded like the opening synth in "Maybe Just Once," and I thought for a second, in some weird "Here in Cleveland is where it all started" thing, they were going to break it out. Which would've been mindblowing, especially since I've always actually kinda liked that song.
    What's funny is that Hesitation Marks seems to have some call backs to the Pretty Hate Machine era. It's got that synth and dance vibe to alot of it for one, DJ scratches in Various Methods, Copy of A seems reminiscent of the demo version of Kinda I Want To and Came Back Haunted seems to reference the opening notes of Ringfinger.

It seriously seems like he came full circle and just implemented all of his previous styles into one album.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 10-16-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When it comes to Hesitation Marks and other Nine Inch Nails albums, I mostly hear Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth in it, but I can also hear some hints of The Fragile and The Slip in it as well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    When it comes to Hesitation Marks and other Nine Inch Nails albums, I mostly hear Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth in it, but I can also hear some hints of The Fragile and The Slip in it as well.
    I hear mostly With Teeth and Year Zero combined with some "hints" of The Slip and The Fragile (really small "hints").
    I consider "Hesitation Marks" a less noisy (and more varied) "Year Zero"

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not sure where to put this so I'll drop it here.

Has anyone taken a look at the nin ringtones in the itunes store? The Dead Souls one is hysterical. "They keep calling me, they keep calling me, they keep calling me, they keep calling me!!"

Someone has a sense of humor.