Page 76 of 528 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 15837

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    What would the Trent of the TDS era think of "Everything"?
    "woah where did my neck go"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    4 years ago tomorrow : bit.ly/3cx0v2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got to wondering today if TR has a stash of songs he's written and recorded just for his kids to listen to. Bed time, car rides, etc. As a fairly new dad myself I know if I had the ability I would.

Or really, any popular/accomplished musician. That would be a cool compilation album to see, various artists providing songs they wrote for their kids when they were little.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've made lots of ambient music in the last 12 years with the sole intention of helping people sleep. now that i know people who are having children, i'm probably going to be doing more!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watching a video of Somewhat Damaged at Scala. Christ I would love to have been there. Trent rocks the fuck out of that last verse.

Although I could do without the repeated "where the fuck were you"s at the end, as has been the case since . . . forever.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    in the live version of burn, do they include the clickety clickety noise during the chorus?
    I always feel like the live version, after he says "I'm gonna burn this WHOLE. WORLD. DOWWWWWNNN!!!!!!!!!" it kind of falls off..

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I got to wondering today if TR has a stash of songs he's written and recorded just for his kids to listen to. Bed time, car rides, etc. As a fairly new dad myself I know if I had the ability I would.

Or really, any popular/accomplished musician. That would be a cool compilation album to see, various artists providing songs they wrote for their kids when they were little.
    On the iTunes social thingy, you could see that Reznor bought white noise/drone lullabies for his kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Queue Don LaFontaine voice*

In a world full of ugliness, she matters when everything is meaningless.
    We follow our young protagonists, a broken rebel desperately trying to save his new telepathic girlfriend, as they're trying to find a safe haven in modern day society.
    Will they be able to keep them on the other side.

*Fade to black*

THE FRAGILE : THE MOVIE

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just wanted to get this particular thought out here, and this is probably more of an ETS thought than a NIN thought, but it's still NIN related so I thought I'd say it anyway, even as a sporadic poster that usually lurks or just leaves. I actually have this incessant urge to promote ETS whenever I'm speaking to people IRL that happen to like NIN, especially if that person is a huge NIN fan. I also make sure to mention The NIN Hotline as well, and I was surprised to see that just about all of them haven't heard of, nor have seen either site. (Then again, I only met a few other NIN fans IRL. *That were actual acquaintances and friends.* It wasn't a large number anyway.)

And with that being said, I'm just thankful to see that Hesitation Marks is coming out very early next month on September 3rd, and I'm also glad to see that I'll be able to see NIN for the third time on October 14th at the Barclays Center at NYC. That's definitely one big thing that certainly cheers me up this year.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-23-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I kept leaving certain words out by mistake.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

We need a bespectacled emote to match! (Then again, I think I'm the only one on here that uses emotes anymore... )

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I'm 28
    As am I. Sadly, Gave Up is hitting pretty hard with me right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    As am I. Sadly, Gave Up is hitting pretty hard with me right now.
    I'm getting ready to enter my 40's and can say that your 30's will be great years. Nothing to dread or fear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can only assume "Came Back Haunted" is about the Call of Cthulhu. Just think about it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiempo View Post
    I'm getting ready to enter my 40's and can say that your 30's will be great years. Nothing to dread or fear.
    I'm moving out of state tomorrow to leave a steady, but low paying and unfulfilling shop job, while continuing to work a grueling job on tour where I'm often at odds with superiors who can be extremely condescending, disrespectful, and/or unprofessional - all because I do enjoy the highs that the job offers, and because I've spent too much time trying to get in to just turn around and walk out. It frequently degrades my physical and mental health, and right now I'm packing boxes while both sick and injured in part to the last tour I was on...but again, I can't seem to leave all of it behind.

Smashed up my sanity
    Smashed up my integrity
    Smashed up what I believed in
    Smashed up what's left of me
    Smashed up my everything
    Smashed up all that was true
    Gonna smash myself to pieces
    I don't know what else to do

Yeah...that sounds about right. But who knows, maybe something will change in the next couple years and my thirties will indeed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^I wish you all the best. In my similar experience with life the last several years, I can tell you that I have had to make the change that I wanted my life to be. Keep following your heart and I am certain it will make your 30's rewarding and enriching.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ordered the Japan version of Hesitation Marks and sure while I was there, ordered the Japan version of Welcome oblivion too (still first pressing).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hey guys, first time poster here!
    @Mutilated : What's the difference between the Japanese version and others?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Hey guys, first time poster here!
    @Mutilated : What's the difference between the Japanese version and others?
    With Hesitation Marks, the cover is different and there's an Autolux rmx of Everything. And for Welcome oblivion its really not that different at all, obi strip and insert.... its really for completion sakes!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Never going to get a good spot now. Ugh. It's bad enough I hate festivals but today has been a total piss take.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've had this on my iPod for years. Does that mean I can be a member of the club, Trent? :P

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I've had this on my iPod for years. Does that mean I can be a member of the club, Trent? :P
    Yeah, and then beat yourself over the head with it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I've been spinning NIN hard for the past few days and listening to the streams made me revisit the rest of the catalogue in order not to get too tired of the HM tracks until their official release. And damn!, sweet jesus, that band is good!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This day next week I will be holding Hesitation Marks in my hands. Hard to believe. Its all happening so quick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    On the iTunes social thingy, you could see that Reznor bought white noise/drone lullabies for his kids.
    Oh nice! Is that Ping? I didn't know anybody used that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am sure it has been mentioned by someone but any chance of a "Broken" remaster down the road? A remaster from the original tapes and vinyl release one of these days would be amazing. I know there are some legal roadblocks with the label, but maybe Columbia will be smart enough to take on the rights to some of the back catalog from TVT/Interscope, since he housed both HTDA and NIN there. If HM does well financially, Columbia definitely is a sizable enough label to make that sort of investment...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    There have been many numerous times when listening to Nine Inch Nails is like therapy to me. Such an effect on my solace, while helping me cope with unresolved emotions seems to increase or revive my addiction even when I occasionally get burnt out on listening to Nine Inch Nails far more extensively than usual. It's also one of the biggest reasons why I love Nine Inch Nails so much, and why I continue to keep coming back for more.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-24-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Someone with all of the files really ought to compile all of the up-to-date Trent-rage moments on stage into one video clip, or at least start working on it since we have a lot of shows ahead of us. And if it's just audio captured--maybe tack all of those at the end with a black screen or something. Caption each and every rage moment with the show date, too.

I was just watching this great recent broadcast from Germany, and into the second verses of CBH he loses it at somebody for a second there. (0:13:49)

(Ouch.)

Shit like that, yeah. Anybody got the resources and time? @RITC and helpers?
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-23-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I was just watching this great recent broadcast from Germany, and into the second verses of CBH he loses it at somebody for a second there. (0:13:49)

Sounds like "fucking whore!"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Sounds like "fucking whore!"
    lol

I think it's "...fucking cord!"

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiempo View Post
    I am sure it has been mentioned by someone but any chance of a "Broken" remaster down the road? A remaster from the original tapes and vinyl release one of these days would be amazing. I know there are some legal roadblocks with the label, but maybe Columbia will be smart enough to take on the rights to some of the back catalog from TVT/Interscope, since he housed both HTDA and NIN there. If HM does well financially, Columbia definitely is a sizable enough label to make that sort of investment...
    Trent mentioned back on nin.com ages ago that they were thinking about doing the deluxe treatment like TDS with Broken/Fixed together.