Page 70 of 528 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am loving The Greater Good right now. Damn groovy.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    man i am excited about the new album, and yes i will go to the show, but God Damn...there sure isn't much about this setlist that has changed. Same old songs since 94 except a couple of new ones for this album or that one. i was expecting something different somehow.
    dont get me wrong. im still thrilled. the setlist so far is a little underwhelming though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    *ignore stuck in random questions instead*
    Last edited by WorzelG; 08-14-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripe(withdecay) View Post
    I bought these two shirts last night!

where's the right one from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    where's the right one from?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    man i am excited about the new album, and yes i will go to the show, but God Damn...there sure isn't much about this setlist that has changed. Same old songs since 94 except a couple of new ones for this album or that one. i was expecting something different somehow.
    dont get me wrong. im still thrilled. the setlist so far is a little underwhelming though.
    These are just festival shows....I'm sure things might change up a bit come this fall for the arena tour.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm sure it'll change. We'll see MUCH longer sets, I imagine. Maybe not SUPER long, but Trent seems to like to perform for extended periods when it comes to their headlining shows.

Also, I can't let it go. That video for "Came Back Haunted" would benefit SO MUCH from having the full version of the song. That abrupt shift from the intro to the first verse just doesn't sound good.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-15-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: I'm a silly fucker.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm sure it'll change. We'll see MUCH longer sets, I imagine. Maybe not SUPER long, but Trent seems to like to perform for extended periods when it comes to their headlining shows.
    I hope you're right, jake and alrea. and the reason i logged on is to amend and or defend that post....
    im THRILLED that NIN is touring again, it's fucking awesome. and i got broken at 12 yrs old when it came out...im a legitimate nin nerd.
    So dont get me wrong. But good god, i dont need another "greatest hits" show. The LITS show (lights aside...i would have watched that shit with the fucking Monkees playing) had a much more interesting setlist. I just...trent said some things about rethinking what nin could be, and to me, that is NOT playing head like a hole and terrible lie and closer and hurt.

And Alrea, i sure am hoping this is just the first leg of the tour. it almost has to be. SURELY they'll play tulsa and dallas etc

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, the festival shows have almost always been consistently singles and a few new digs, plus a couple random songs peppered in. Looking at the festival run of setlists really doesn't tell us much at all about what headlining show setlists will be like. :P It may have the same number of singles, minus one or two, but they make up for it by generally playing a few selections from all over the catalog.

What I really wanna know is how much variation there'll be between Tension 2013 shows. I imagine that due to the stage production, they're pretty limited, but the last time we saw NIN perform was on a tour that probably had the most diverse setlists in NIN history from show to show, so maybe Trent will try to keep some of that going by switching things up a liiittle more night to night.

Even if that's not the case, I'm still stoked. Ready to have another memory and another tour poster on my wall!

Edit: "Find My Way" is one of my favorite NIN tracks ever. I can't WAIT to hear that baby on record.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-14-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just listened to Tetsuo for the first time after seeing it mentioned a thousand times on here. I was just under the impression it was a T-Rez remix of something or something from a score and I didn't recognize the title. Was it released as Nine Inch Nails (as its listed on youtube)?

Its amazing. Its like Ghosts part V.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, while us NIN internet nerds would love a set of b-sides and fairly obscure album tracks, you've got to remember that at any given show, the majority of the crowd is seeing the band for the first time. It would be a shame to rob them of the chance to see Head Like A Hole, Terrible Lie, Closer or Hurt. Of course if any or all of those are missing from the shows I see, I'm 100% okay with that, but there will be a large contingent of the crowd that would leave the show very disappointed. The fact is, I'm guessing the arena shows WILL feature sets largely similar to what's being played at the festivals. However, the shows will almost certainly be at least half an hour longer and what's done with that extra time is what could please us die hards. No need to add any more popular songs for the masses. Give us half an hour of the stuff we haven't heard a thousand times and that will balance out the familiar stuff and leave everyone happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I just heard Appendage for the first time today. MY GOD....

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by all3n_y View Post
    well i just heard appendage for the first time today. My god....
    i'm goin down!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Just listened to Tetsuo for the first time after seeing it mentioned a thousand times on here. I was just under the impression it was a T-Rez remix of something or something from a score and I didn't recognize the title. Was it released as Nine Inch Nails (as its listed on youtube)?

Its amazing. Its like Ghosts part V.
    It's credited as NIN, yes.

http://www.ninwiki.com/Tetsuo

It is notable as not only the first new Nine Inch Nails track since The Slip's release 2 years earlier, but also the first NIN release to have no involvement from Alan Moulder since "Burn" came out in 1994.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-15-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Alan Moulder should be inducted into the rock n' roll hall of fame for his musical contributions.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I was just under the impression it was a T-Rez remix of something or something from a score and I didn't recognize the title.
    He's clearly re-using elements from/for the HTDA track "parasite", so that may be the reason why it sounds familiar.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Seen that many times and it never fails to crack me up.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Who thinks Hesitation Marks will be a farewell album for NIN?

It's sad to think about, but I'm thinking it could be.
    I know there are artists who have released albums well into their 50's, but we have always known TR to be a quality over quantity type of guy.
    Plus a young family and other opportunities (scoring, producing), I think this may be the last time we ever see new NIN.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I like to think that this might be his last proper album but that we will see some more music (EPs, single songs under the NIN name) over the years. He should defnitely go down the route of scoring and producing more if he's really that concerned about his age and relevance as he likes to hint every now and then.

Trent is full of surprises and I believe we will hear a lot from him in the future. This is barely the end. Not for NIN and never for Trent.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think the fact that he's already tried to walk away from it, even going as far as having a "WAVE GOODBYE" tour, and yet couldn't leave it alone
    speaks volumes. I mean, obviously he knows his limitations as a live performer, but I do expect music to continue to be made by TR and under
    the umbrella of Nine Inch Nails. Like I said before, I think it'd be great if he made a whole tour out of The Bridge School/Still type live format.
    Cellos, Piano, Acoustic guitars, electronic drum tracks, etc. Yeah, it'd be leaving the whole stadium thing behind, but I think it could be a
    great way to breathe new life into the music..

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Who thinks Hesitation Marks will be a farewell album for NIN?

It's sad to think about, but I'm thinking it could be.
    I know there are artists who have released albums well into their 50's, but we have always known TR to be a quality over quantity type of guy.
    Plus a young family and other opportunities (scoring, producing), I think this may be the last time we ever see new NIN.
    NIN will never go away, maybe in a touring sense but it'll never stop I don't think.
    If anything we'll get one more "rock" record and then he'll slowly start releasing still type records IMO.

I think he will realize after this touring cycle that a lot of the stuff he's singing isn't as relevant anymore.

"26 years on my way to hell" was sung over 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaaand there we go! Passive-aggressive Trent who is never missing an opportunity to tell us how much he hates Europe is back. Woohoo.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Aaaand there we go! Passive-aggressive Trent who is never missing an opportunity to tell us how much he hates Europe is back. Woohoo.
    ??? what are you talking about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ??? what are you talking about?
    http://instagram.com/p/dB-h1kzPci/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't think this is the last NIN album. I think he remembered how much he loves making music under the NIN moniker. I'd like to think that he still goes back and does a YZ2. He's never going to make a noisy album like TDS again, but he doesn't have to.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't believe HM will be the last NIN release, but it'll be one of the last.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think he's just pointing out that every Festival show they've done this tour has been rainy/overcast on the day they are set to perform.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hope that before trent is done with music that we get one more track that's as heavy/aggressive/guitar oriented as Burn.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I hope he does a Flock of Seagulls cover before it's all over.