Page 53 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I've always thought this picture was really cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The added logo on the TDS DE artwork looks so pasted and out of place. Kills all estheticism (has to be the right word) of the original.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Dre looks like he's got american football shoulder pads on

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Oddly enough, I think that CBH isn't as deep as he was on The Slip. I liked the older vocals but I still appreciate both styles. I like The Slip's vocals on the slower songs (Lights in the Sky) and on songs like Head Down, but others I feel strained (still great). And live, I tend to agree, except when he goes back and tries to sing songs like Last...no. Sounds terrible. But when he just screams, sounds the same. Love it. I think he has more range overall now, but some songs I don't think he should sing anymore, like Last.
    Bullshit. You'd love to experience this live.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My favorite song live. (And I did see that. Twas awesome.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I've always wondered whos arm that is.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick's. This is the long-sought-after proof that he's responsible for the direction of The Fragile.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    it's The Presence

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Which WITT singles are you talking about ? The ones I have are all in a plastic case, you'd have to really be pissed off at them to ruin them with scissors ?
    The three I've got came in the thin jewel cases; I'd bought them at HMV as soon as they came out. The discs themselves are fine thankfully; What happened was my little bro decided that he was going to be artistic and so cut the lower edges off of the sleeves and put all three of them into a triple-CD case I had lying around so that they'd look like a nice package. You should have seen his happy face when he presented it to me. You should also have seen my face. When I get replacements I'll happily make a thread in the trading forum for a lucky recipient who can have them for free.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 07-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Bullshit. You'd love to experience this live.

This sounds great!

Plus I was checking out NINWiki last night and I found this access question...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not a fan of the "come come c'mon" chorus...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Not a fan of the "come come c'mon" chorus...
    The whole thing is like the Cure doing Last. On Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve. Brought to you by Chevy Trucks. Chevy: It's what drives America.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I was thinking about how I mentioned the Fragile reissue a couple days ago on here and it got me thinking about what could be included as far as additional content is concerned...

If you think of how the deluxe edition of TDS had an second disc for certain specific cuts off of Further Down the Spiral, Closer to God and then his soundtrack singles...it'd be cool to think of perhaps a THIRD disc for a Fragile deluxe edition. Tracks like Deep, 10 Miles High, New Flesh, Metal, The Day the World Went Away (Quiet) should obviously be included...and maybe we'd finally hear some Fragile songs hidden away that didn't make the cut? We know he had tons of things he was working on since wasn't the music for Banged and Blown Through by Saul Williams recorded during the Fragile sessions? It would be awesome to hear some Fragile demos like we heard Heresy, Ruiner and Reptile demos on the deluxe remaster of TDS.

Heck, while we're on the subject...I'd love to even see a fourth disc of dvd content on music videos, behind the scenes and live footage!

I really look forward to seeing the production and packaging of this thing whenever it comes out.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 07-05-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I believe Trent said there are no fleshed out demos for The Fragile like what we got on TDS releases, that it was mostly loops and sounds, which he sent to Saul for Niggy, and the ones he liked were chosen to include in some of the songs.
    As much as I would love to hear true "demo" songs that didn't make the cut, I don't believe such things actually exist.
    I would love to hear the other loops/sounds/pieces that he didn't use, maybe on a disc of files for remixing like with YZR.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haven't listened to it in a while I'm really looking forward to see came back haunted to be played live. Hopefully pro-shot in some form over the course of the festival season or via Rob.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I saw an interview with Trent from 2000 recently where he said he had just gone over the cd full of left over Fragile stuff and had really liked what he had heard. Maybe there's more than we think!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    behind the scenes...
    I'd love more behind the scenes sort of like the "Just Like You Imagined" rehearsal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I believe Trent said there are no fleshed out demos for The Fragile like what we got on TDS releases, that it was mostly loops and sounds, which he sent to Saul for Niggy, and the ones he liked were chosen to include in some of the songs.
    As much as I would love to hear true "demo" songs that didn't make the cut, I don't believe such things actually exist.
    I would love to hear the other loops/sounds/pieces that he didn't use, maybe on a disc of files for remixing like with YZR.
    Well, we know he's a pretty good liar, right??...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I've read the quotation about leftover Fragile material going to Niggy Tardust. Is there any proof about there being no demos? I can't believe that. Specifically, there's a Fragile-era journal about how TR had torn something loose in his throat from doing so many takes of We're In This Together. So there must be at least alternate takes of that song. Also, there's the story about him going to a house in the country on his own and writing nothing but La Mer. I doubt he'd have recorded the full song there; he'd have made a demo and taken it back to New Orleans for the final cut, surely.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Alternate vocal takes. They may have never been mixed with the rest of the track. There are/were likely alternative vocal takes for every NIN song.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    He spent two goddamn years recording the album and once joked about releasing it on 6 CDs. I bet the amount of unreleased music from these sessions can match Mellon Collie outtakes and whatever Trent put on that CD he gave to Saul Williams is just a small portion of that (remember it also had some Tapeworm stuff). With the way the album was written and recorded, I'm pretty sure there are dozens of demos for each finished song, it's just that there likely aren't any definitive ones. Just snapshots of various stages of completion.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Alternate vocal takes. They may have never been mixed with the rest of the track. There are/were likely alternative vocal takes for every NIN song.
    I'm pretty sure most of the fanbase would splooge everywhere if there were even just a few songs that had different vocal takes mixed in with a drum machine and a single loose melody line. I know I would.

That said, it would be fucking lame if The Fragile DE was just the album remastered with Things Falling Apart as a 'bonus' disc, especially with the delay bordering on almost Chinese Democracy absurdity [it's been nine years!]. A 5.1 mix would be great, but a lot of us want closure on the fabled Lost Fragile Tracks that have been shrouded in mystery from Day 1 [even though they've probably all been sucked into Niggy].

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear the original ending for Somewhat Damaged.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    What I'm saying isn't that there's no unused stuff out there that Trent has from working on The Fragile, but that I remember Trent saying something along the lines of there being no full demo-like songs that were simply not released. I'm sure there are early workings of the tracks, but not "Fragile songs hidden away that didn't make the cut".

But yeah, if Trent was lying about that so it would be a surprise when the deluxe edition comes out, that would be awesome. I'm just not expecting it to happen based off what's he's said on the subject.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-05-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Or just so people would stop bugging him about it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    ITT: Fragile DE will have things on and we don't know what they are or when it's out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope for the deluxe edition, they use the vinyl version with all the longer fades and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about Trent's mentioning supplemental material he was thinking about while Moulder was re-mastering The Fragile? I mean not while mastering but during that period he seemed excited about hearing this album again so much that he wanted to add a few new tracks.

TR: Sitting with Alan Moulder mixing The Wretched in 5.1. Lots of memories...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I wish this ended up happening.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/N/...0/1048898.html

In response to disappointed NIN fans who have questioned this logic, Reznor told the Sun for the first time that a special With Teeth packaging is in the works. To coincide with an arena tour set to be announced in June, he has planned a deluxe box to be sold at shows and on-line.

"If you want to, you'll be able to buy a real deluxe book that the record fits into. It's a super nice thing that will have a big essay from me and a lot of pictures. It's more of a presentation and the artwork that you have now, that maybe you didn't quite understand, you'll see how it all fits into this. You'll get it."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wish this ended up happening.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/N/...0/1048898.html

In response to disappointed NIN fans who have questioned this logic, Reznor told the Sun for the first time that a special With Teeth packaging is in the works. To coincide with an arena tour set to be announced in June, he has planned a deluxe box to be sold at shows and on-line.

"If you want to, you'll be able to buy a real deluxe book that the record fits into. It's a super nice thing that will have a big essay from me and a lot of pictures. It's more of a presentation and the artwork that you have now, that maybe you didn't quite understand, you'll see how it all fits into this. You'll get it."
    To me, this is a way more interesting "what if" than The Fragile DE, because we know the Fragile DE will eventually happen. But what happened to this With Teeth edition? They obviously had a plan and perhaps even the skeleton of a story they wanted to tell, but dropped it when the more exciting Year Zero opportunity came along. I think the "complete" With Teeth is one of the more interesting unfinished/unreleased NIN projects out there.