Page 523 of 528 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,690 of 15824

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm hankering for some new NIN at this point.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I found a copy of the judgment order in Reznor v JAM/Malm. Interesting reading:

https://uspto.report/TM/assignment-tm-3121-0129.pdf

Trent was awarded $4.6m, including interest. I imagine he was able to collect little, if any, of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wish NIN would make a court themed music video. The fangirls would love it.

Going back to Black's legal dictionary, "Judicial Diva" and "Litigatrix" seem like interesting concepts to incorporate.

It could be called "Judge Reznor", or something.

You know how in "March Of The Pigs", it starts up with "Step right up! March!"?

What if he (Trent Reznor) incorporated a similar concept into this idea?

It could go like this: He walks into the court room, says "All Rise!" "Now sit!".

I'm not sure what else could come after this, but what if there was a way to somehow make this experience interactive with the audience? It seems like a lot of fun.

Oooohhh- what if there was a play on the intro to "Law And Order"? Instead of playing the law and order theme though, at the beginning of the song, there could be a monologue like "In the music industry, there are different artists who compose different works. These are their stories".

Idk, it seems like fun.
    Last edited by DiagnoseMeHarder; 04-14-2023 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiagnoseMeHarder View Post
    I wish NIN would make a court themed music video. The fangirls would love it.

Going back to Black's legal dictionary, "Judicial Diva" and "Litigatrix" seem like interesting concepts to incorporate.

It could be called "Judge Reznor", or something.

You know how in "March Of The Pigs", it starts up with "Step right up! March!"?

What if he (Trent Reznor) incorporated a similar concept into this idea?

It could go like this: He walks into the court room, says "All Rise!" "Now sit!".

I'm not sure what else could come after this, but what if there was a way to somehow make this experience interactive with the audience? It seems like a lot of fun.

Oooohhh- what if there was a play on the intro to "Law And Order"? Instead of playing the law and order theme though, at the beginning of the song, there could be a monologue like "In the music industry, there are different artists who compose different works. These are their stories".

Idk, it seems like fun.
    This sounds more like a Steel Panther video

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Complained to my best friend that the cover of Wish on linkin park’s new box set was censored and he replied with “what’s a fist without a fuck” and it made me chuckle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Happy birthday to my favourite NIN album: Year Zero!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Lol remember when everyone was saying they were waiting for the year Year Zero was taking place in to repress the record

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Look we were dumb and wrong, okay.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    well it’s may practically and it’s been so quiet. give us something for your birthday, reznor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There are so many children's songs that use In The Hall Of The Mountain King for their music and every time one of my kids plays one I just want to listen to the Reznor and Ross version of that song from The Social Network.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    We are both experiencing the most prolific period of musical output from Trent and company as well as coming up on 10 years without a full-length NIN album.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    shit mirror is a perfect nin song. i just love the echo on “i think i knew the whole goddamn time goddamn goddamn goddamn goddamn”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love Shit Mirror but I still think it's probably the worst song title in the entire NIN discography.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    I love Shit Mirror but I still think it's probably the worst song title in the entire NIN discography.
    I mean, he coulda went with Poop Reflective Surface. I say we won in the end.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    shit mirror is a perfect nin song. i just love the echo on “i think i knew the whole goddamn time goddamn goddamn goddamn goddamn”

Especially the live version with Robin singing lead. Love Robin's vocals!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Or Defecation Display. We definitely won.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Or Defecation Display. We definitely won.
    Come on, guys; Ass Glass was right there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my random NIN thought of the day is I really really miss seeing NIN live and hope we get a tour later this year.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    my random NIN thought of the day is I really really miss seeing NIN live and hope we get a tour later this year.
    The 3 night theater run that was supposed to happen in Seattle would be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm listening to a recording of the Nine Inch Nails show I went to in 2008. Got a speeding ticket leaving school and drove the wrong way down a one-way trying to find parking. I wasn't a great driver at 17. lol Best show I've ever been to and I'm super glad such a great recording of it exists.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I'm down the rabbit hole now with TR and Roger Waters chatting. How time flies.
    I was just looking for something about this in light of recent news (which I’m surprised hasn’t been discussed on here yet). I knew there was a tenuous link between Trent and Waters thanks to Meathead but I didn’t realise it came from this interview. Very weird.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Thinking about when I was lining up for tickets for the NIN tour in 2018. NYC, Radio City. Almost 5 years ago to the day. It was the day before my grad school graduation and I was concerned about the rain, staying in it for hours and getting sick and missing graduation (I never ended up getting sick) . Anyway, I remember the tourists constantly stopping and staring at the NIN fans. They'd ask us, "who are you in line for?" and we'd explain. But it got tiresome. So after a while, we just started trolling the tourists. "Who are you in line to see?" "Yani!!" we'd respond. It got to the point where a car came out of the parking garage beneath Radio City, and we were shouting "Yani is in that car!!! Yani, please take a picture with us!" and started chanting "Yani! Yani! Yani!" , tourists across the street outside of "Top of the Rock" started shouting out for Yani too lol! Fun times.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Ah yes, the Radio City Physical World ticket sale certainly was an experience! I remember being such a sour little bitch about having to buy the tickets in person, mostly because I knew I was going to end up doing it, and do it I did. Hours and hours of standing in the pouring rain and I'd do it again tomorrow if it meant more NIN live. Hell, in some ways, it'd be better than dealing with the LiveNation horseshit last year. The fact I got face value tickets for the three 2022 NIN shows I went to was just pure blind luck.

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Right there with you, my friend. I've been fortunate enough to see some really great shows this year (Algiers w/ Party Dozen & Shop Talk, Skinny Puppy w/ Lead Into Gold, Fever Ray w/ Christeene) and they have made me so hungry for more live music, especially Nine Inch Nails. Any touring this year seems like a remote possibility but nothing would make me happier than a surprise handful of shows. I'm also crossing my fingers that the end of the Cold & Black & Infinite era doesn't necessarily mean a lineup change, considering this iteration of the band debuted with I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017 and that the Cold & Black & Infinite tour began in fall 2018, after the three Vegas shows and the Europe + Asia-Pacific leg. While there is exciting potential to any change in the lineup, the sheer volume of songs this iteration of the band knows is such an incredible asset and I'd love to see them just build on that.

I've seen some people speculate that the next tour (if there is one) will be completely different, with much more intense visuals and production and a defined setlist they more or less stick to each night. It's certainly possible, they've done such tours before and I'll be eager to see whatever incarnation may come next, but that's not nearly as exciting a prospect to me as these past tours. The stripped down lighting was not only perfectly intense, it was minimal enough production that the setlists could vary dramatically night to night. Obviously that makes the shows more fun and exciting to us fans but I have to imagine that it also makes the shows more fun and exciting to the band too, certainly more so than playing a locked-in set every evening. I feel like Trent has moved away from crazy intricate and wild concert tech and effects - he has expressed annoyance at seeing other artists rip off the innovations he paved the way for but more than that, the sheer expense of a heavily-produced arena tour may be out of NIN's budget at this point. Tension 2013, their last tour with that kind of really intense production, was excellent and extremely well done but I'm not sure what the profit margins were with how expensive it seemed. Such sophisticated visuals in such big venues puts a lot of pressure on filling all those seats financially. A couple nights in a row at a mid-sized to smaller venue with more low key production is not only a much, much surer bet to turn a profit, it's a much surer bet for a more rewarding show.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    How do we trick Trent to make a NIN record instead of his 328th movie score in 5 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    How do we trick Trent to make a NIN record instead of his 328th movie score in 5 years.
    Well USA going to shit[more than before at least-it was always shit]inspired Not The Actual Events and the EP trilogy and Corona gave us Ghosts V-VI so let's wait for WW3 for the next epic NIN release!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    reverse psychology? maybe if we all pretend to not care anymore, he’ll be like BAM! new music.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    reverse psychology? maybe if we all pretend to not care anymore, he’ll be like BAM! new music.

We also need to gush at the slightest ambient noise and go "Is this Trent Reznor ?", that'll piss him off !

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    We also need to gush at the slightest ambient noise and go "Is this Trent Reznor ?", that'll piss him off !
    "Disappointment of the year. Sounds like a KMFDM ripoff"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Listening through albums I missed this year, there's a very late NIN/HTDA sounding break on "A&W" by Lana Del Rey (4:03-5:51)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Meathead starts posting a few belated NIN album reviews and TR mentions a possible hiatus for NIN albums/touring. Coincidence?