Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Never knew NIN did "Top of the Pops"
    Even better, this was essentially Saturday morning kid’s tv

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Someone from ETS was there.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    What does everyone think the new NIN material will sound like? Or what are you hoping for?

I'd like a little of NTAE (Burning Bright) sprinkled with Add Violence (The Background World). I don't think we need anymore experimental saxophone, though. Not that I dislike it, but I prefer other NIN offerings.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What does everyone think the new NIN material will sound like? Or what are you hoping for?

Dare to dream right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is this a really bad NIN pun?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

I'd like a little of NTAE (Burning Bright) sprinkled with Add Violence (The Background World). I don't think we need anymore experimental saxophone, though. Not that I dislike it, but I prefer other NIN offerings.
    More Ghosts remember, I'm older than dirt haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Is this a really bad NIN pun?

Looking at the overview, seems like the show is related to NIN:
    In 2009, from his derelict flat in South Wales, Ignacio scored tickets to see his favourite band, Nine Inch Nails, in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, he didn’t have money, transport, or a place to stay. Sharing his biggest failures with a hilarious, globe-trotting story about music, comedy, admin cock-ups, Ignacio skewers Britain and Spain with an armada of sarcasm, silliness, and songs.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Happy Valen-NIN-e's Day everyone

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Going back to listen to some 2009 shows - I love how raw and stripped down things and dare I say metal things are at times? Combine that with the fact that Trent seemed to be having trouble with his voice and was rather hoarse (especially the Hurricane Festival show where he pretty much, if not actually blew his voice out)

I know they did the four piece thing again in 2014, my first (and only so far ) time seeing them was the 2014 line up in Perth and it was fucking amazing what just the four of them pulled off live but the Wave Goodbye/NINJA tours seemed more like a sledgehammer to your face.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I know they did the four piece thing again in 2014, my first (and only so far ) time seeing them was the 2014 line up in Perth and it was fucking amazing what just the four of them pulled off live but the Wave Goodbye/NINJA tours seemed more like a sledgehammer to your face.
    Agree. 2009 and 2014 may seem like similar lineup on the surface, but having JMJ in the band vs Ally made a ton of difference. JMJ played a lot more guitar/bass and less keys than Ally did, giving many songs a harder edge. 2014 setlists were also much softer on the overall than 2009 ones, with too much kraftwerk-formation songs.

Also I don't know if it's just me, but from all the recordings I've heard it sounded like in 2014 Ilan's drum miking/sound mix was unique and completely different from all other tours.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Agree. 2009 and 2014 may seem like similar lineup on the surface, but having JMJ in the band vs Ally made a ton of difference. JMJ played a lot more guitar/bass and less keys than Ally did, giving many songs a harder edge. 2014 setlists were also much softer on the overall than 2009 ones, with too much kraftwerk-formation songs.

Also I don't know if it's just me, but from all the recordings I've heard it sounded like in 2014 Ilan's drum miking/sound mix was unique and completely different from all other tours.
    Agreed, plus the 2013-2014 era was a bit more focused on the electronic side of things anyway so it would make more sense for the live band to be more focused on that.

I just love we have so many different flavours of live NIN. I’m pretty happy with the lineup we have these days but it’s nice to go back to the brutality of the 1991-1996 shows or the chaos that Aaron added to the 2005-2007 shows and the full on over the top in a good way bursting at the seams lineup of Tension 2013.
    Last edited by Disassociative; 02-15-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    After listening to the Halsey / TRAR album today for the first time in a while, I would love for them to do a livestream of the album in full with NIN doing the music

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Going back to listen to some 2009 shows - I love how raw and stripped down things and dare I say metal things are at times? Combine that with the fact that Trent seemed to be having trouble with his voice and was rather hoarse (especially the Hurricane Festival show where he pretty much, if not actually blew his voice out)

2008-2009 NIN is a special time to me as I was following their live escapades most closely during this era. Love the contrast between the LITS tour and the Wave Goodbye tour in terms of tone and then the vast number of songs they pulled out with 2009's sets. Those last couple shows especially were nuts.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    After listening to the Halsey / TRAR album today for the first time in a while, I would love for them to do a livestream of the album in full with NIN doing the music
    oh great. this is now the thing that’s missing from my life.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just realized that the periodic distorted stabs in The Wretched (version) might be from Claustrophobia Machine. 4 quick sounds in sequence. Listen to the first sound (other than the drum) in CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm listening to Lard's debut album and the track I AM YOUR CLOCK reminds me of Burning Bright( Field of Fire). The percussion, vocals and guitar about three minutes in

Last edited by azad_ninja; 03-01-2023 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this is so good! def hear the similarities. thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was looking at producer stuff, saw that Dave Sardy was credited with mixing Only, along with another mystery NIN track (assuming it was from WT too) called "What No One Hears". I don't think this one was mentioned anywhere before, searching ETS brings nothing.

david-sardy.squarespace.com/#discog-section

Edit: fuack, it's an error. Thanks for the sleuthing, as always
    Last edited by blassster; 03-14-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I was looking at producer stuff, saw that Dave Sardy was credited with mixing Only, along with another mystery NIN track (assuming it was from WT too) called "What No One Hears". I don't think this one was mentioned anywhere before, searching ETS brings nothing.

david-sardy.squarespace.com/#discog-section
    This looks to me as an error on his website. Googling track name + NIN brings up Sardy's credits summarized at allmusic.com, where What No One Hears is a EP by the band Simon Dawes, which legit came out in 2005 (although discogs credits don't mention Sardy)

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/dave...787049/credits
    https://www.discogs.com/ru/release/9...t-No-One-Hears

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    two random thoughts:
    Ministry, Skinny Puppy, The Cure, Depeche Mode all touring this year. feels like we need to see NIN touring too.

"All Time Low" for some reason reminds me of "The Globe" by Big Audio Dynamite.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    two random thoughts:
    Ministry, Skinny Puppy, The Cure, Depeche Mode all touring this year. feels like we need to see NIN touring too.

I get it, and I hear it, but also...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    two random thoughts:

The latter two should perform onstage together with NIN. Fuck, just imagine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Was listening to the Definitive Edition of With Teeth just now for the first time, and I don't know whether my ears have just been lazy all these years or it's just really come out in the mix, or newer headphones, but the orchestration in the final verse of Sunspots has totally caught me off guard! Probably my favourite track on the album, and got the pleasure of seeing the live debut at Brixton a few months ago, but absolutely blown away at how I've managed to miss this all these years!!

Pretty evident on this new instrumental version I've then stumbled across at 3.24.

Was also astounded on the credits to find out Grohl doesn't drum on Home! Thought that was a shoe in.
    Last edited by simonn; 03-25-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would kill for another traditional NIN album with vocals sometime in the next couple of years but besides that I think it would be cool if TR/AR wrote another Still style album with the acoustic/deconstructed versions of post Fragile material.

Here's the songs I would want to be on the album:

All The Love In The World
    Everyday Is Exactly The Same
    Right Where It Belongs
    Discipline
    Find My Way
    Various Methods Of Escape
    I Would For You
    Burning Bright (Field On Fire)
    This Isn't The Place
    Over And Out

I think some of the songs, especially the Hesitation Marks and Trilogy ones, would be a cool challenge in how to tweak and remix the songs to sound powerful without the effects/production used on the albums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still 2 would be awesome. I'm all for that idea!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    wouldn’t it be cool if he released a real NEW NIN song today?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Remember that guy "Eric Claudiex" who worked on a couple of Closer remixes back in the day? Well, it turns out his actual name is Eric Caudieux.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How on earth did Waves become my 'get in from the pub' soundtrack?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's been 5 years since we got a NIN album with vocals.