Page 517 of 528 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,510 of 15824

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I don't get some new shit from NIN soon, I'm going to kill some puppies.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    If I don't get some new shit from NIN soon, I'm going to kill some puppies.
    Seems drastic. What did you do between The Fragile and With Teeth??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Seems drastic. What did you do between The Fragile and With Teeth??
    He started a puppy mill. None of them ever got adopted...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know where else to post this but The Fragile is my favorite album. It's so fucking hard and intense. That's all.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglachel81 View Post
    I don't know where else to post this but The Fragile is my favorite album. It's so fucking hard and intense. That's all.
    FYI: I believe this is generally accepted as The Fragile Appreciation thread: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...to-The-Fragile

But you can certainly share that thought here, too! I'm ready for it to come out of it's vinyl hiatus.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My random NIN thought.

I want some NIN teasers, I want a drop of a short synth loop, I want a sign of life, I want to watch a new album grow like I did before.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    After re-watching the Gift performance of Head Down, I feel like it needs to make a return to the setlists. Swap out 1,000,000 or Discipline since they've been played enough.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    are we really going to hit the 1 year anniversary of the halsey collab with no new nin music?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    are we really going to hit the 1 year anniversary of the halsey collab with no new nin music?
    Not really surprised. Trent mentioned the other day that they're finishing up a film score, and I'm sure earlier in the year they were finishing up work on Bones & All. I don't know if they've had time to work on NIN stuff around all that plus touring. I'm sure we'll have new Trent & Atticus music by the end of the year, but new NIN might have to wait a bit longer.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I bet they have been doing both simultaneously. Whether we will get to hear it...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I bet they have been doing both simultaneously. Whether we will get to hear it...
    I wonder how much unreleased or scrapped NIN music there is. Outtakes or stuff he deemed not good enough. There’s the little bits and pieces we may know about like “Just Do It”, the original follow up to Add Violence and possibly those With Teeth songs we have lyrics for but there’s probably so much we don’t even know about. Deviations 1 was a huge pleasant surprise.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I don't think the vault of unreleased, unseen and unheard stuff is that big actually... The guy is notoriously eco-friendly when it comes to ideas and stems and chances are we already heard most of it, recycled in the form of collaborations or soundtracks. Deviations 1 actually showed us that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I wonder how much unreleased or scrapped NIN music there is. Outtakes or stuff he deemed not good enough. There’s the little bits and pieces we may know about like “Just Do It”, the original follow up to Add Violence and possibly those With Teeth songs we have lyrics for but there’s probably so much we don’t even know about. Deviations 1 was a huge pleasant surprise.
    I'd guess that the amount of stuff worth pursuing to completion but not released isn't as much as you'd think. Yes, we ended up getting Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity a few years later, but they also played those live during those tours, so they weren't completely unreleased. As for the other With Teeth songs mentioned on the lyrics poster, who knows if they were completed or not. There's probably lots of demos and things, like what was released in that iTunes Interview with Hesitation Marks which was clearly demo quality and not anywhere near final.

Deviations 1 was probably the exception to that since we have known for years there was a ton of extra material from The Fragile sessions. Most of that unreleased stuff they put on there is basically demos that they cleaned up and mastered, only one or two songs on there stated "Instrumental" meaning there were ever lyrics accompanying it.

I haven't heard of any follow up to Add Violence that was scrapped. I think they just did Bad Witch next and abandoned the EP trilogy idea, but I don't think there's an unreleased album from between those sessions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'd guess that the amount of stuff worth pursuing to completion but not released isn't as much as you'd think. Yes, we ended up getting Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity a few years later, but they also played those live during those tours, so they weren't completely unreleased. As for the other With Teeth songs mentioned on the lyrics poster, who knows if they were completed or not. There's probably lots of demos and things, like what was released in that iTunes Interview with Hesitation Marks which was clearly demo quality and not anywhere near final.

Deviations 1 was probably the exception to that since we have known for years there was a ton of extra material from The Fragile sessions. Most of that unreleased stuff they put on there is basically demos that they cleaned up and mastered, only one or two songs on there stated "Instrumental" meaning there were ever lyrics accompanying it.

I haven't heard of any follow up to Add Violence that was scrapped. I think they just did Bad Witch next and abandoned the EP trilogy idea, but I don't think there's an unreleased album from between those sessions.
    I can’t remember where but I’m sure there was an interview where Trent or Atticus were talking about how the original last EP of the trilogy was too “predictable” or “forced” or something so they went back to the drawing board. I don’t imagine there were many if any songs that survived maybe just ideas or fragments but I’m just curious.

I can’t see any possible unreleased material released without a good reason, we know how Trent is a bit of a perfectionist so I don’t ever expect him too. I’m just curious how much there is.

I get the feeling there is much more unreleased video footage than audio floating around in the vaults. Self Destruct pro shot (officially), multiple Tension shows and I think there were a few With Teeth club shows recorded. Brixton Academy? And god knows what else!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I get the feeling there is much more unreleased video footage than audio floating around in the vaults. Self Destruct pro shot (officially), multiple Tension shows and I think there were a few With Teeth club shows recorded. Brixton Academy? And god knows what else!
    Video recordings is one thing we know is in their vaults. All the Wave Goodbye club shows were filmed, only a few videos made it out. Tension was filmed, but I think only what was posted to YouTube was finished. I doubt they went through the trouble of editing the whole concert only to use half of it for streaming. I'm sure there many more shows that were filmed with video.

I think it's safe to say that pretty much every NIN show has a soundboard recording, likely starting with 1994 shows, but especially since 2005 with digital consoles, it's just too easy to record the main outs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish I was spotting some new NIN. But alas, all I've got are hope and dreams that they'll throw something our way this month before the tour starts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    All the Wave Goodbye club shows were filmed.
    Except for the Webster Hall show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Except for the Webster Hall show.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't at least a camera setup at FOH to capture the show, knowing that they were playing TDS in full for the first time. I was there, but I have no recollection of seeing cameras or not.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't at least a camera setup at FOH to capture the show, knowing that they were playing TDS in full for the first time. I was there, but I have no recollection of seeing cameras or not.
    It wasn't recorded because they couldn't come to an agreement with the venue about it. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it had something to do with the venue wanting to charge them a bunch of money to do it. Someone who remembers better than I do can chime in on that.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It wasn't recorded because they couldn't come to an agreement with the venue about it. I can't remember the exact details, but I think it had something to do with the venue wanting to charge them a bunch of money to do it. Someone who remembers better than I do can chime in on that.
    This sounds familiar. I could be wrong but I feel like the band put something out there telling people to bring recording equipment because of this. There's a chance that was another show and I am not remembering correctly but I think that was a thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That sounds somewhat familiar, but it's weird that if the venue wouldn't allow the band to record, that they let fans do it openly. Either way, we have a great document of that performance anyway with the TOIOU release.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I believe it was Live Nation that was insisting on getting paid to film for that one. They (or someone like them) owned the rights to film there or something like that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    One of the coolest pictures of TR, spin Jan 00

The Sandman

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I keep wondering what the heck a Deviations 2 would be.

Considering we're two years away from the 30th anniversary of the Downward Spiral—would be pretty cool to see a TDS: Deviations ... but, I don't think that's in the cards.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I keep wondering what the heck a Deviations 2 would be.

Considering we're two years away from the 30th anniversary of the Downward Spiral—would be pretty cool to see a TDS: Deviations ... but, I don't think that's in the cards.
    I have a feeling there is some more Fragile stuff lying around and that's why it was labeled Deviations 1. There was a ton of previously unreleased tracks that were labeled as instrumental on there so I 100% believe the intent is to release a The Fragile: Deviations 2 sometime before the next century. (maybe lol)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I have a feeling there is some more Fragile stuff lying around and that's why it was labeled Deviations 1. There was a ton of previously unreleased tracks that were labeled as instrumental on there so I 100% believe the intent is to release a The Fragile: Deviations 2 sometime before the next century. (maybe lol)
    Actually, that's a really good point — it's not like it was Deviations: The Fragile ... so there could be more Fragile era material worth exploring in additional releases, whatever that might end up looking like lol

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Actually, that's a really good point — it's not like it was Deviations: The Fragile ... so there could be more Fragile era material worth exploring in additional releases, whatever that might end up looking like lol
    Gonna release 2-3 deviations and then a separate box to make your own deluxe edition out of everything lol

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I always thought that the number indicated there would be further releases, but not connected to The Fragile. I figured any future Deviations would be related to the vinyl re-releases, so Deviations 2 would be With Teeth, Deviations 3 would be Year Zero, etc. Obviously since the With Teeth re-release has come and gone without another Deviations release, that little theory of mine has fallen apart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Thinking ahead to 2023 and beyond, I think it's safe to assume that the current live performance format in more intimate venues is probably going to be the NIN staple for anything tour wise.

If something changed and they did go back to a stadium route, I wonder if Trent would opt for doing a similar double bill like they did with Soundgarden back in 2014?... or does that seem passé? Maybe with bands that could be an interesting double bill of different styles? Sort of like Dissonance back in the day.

I bring this up cause last weekend I got back from a trip to Nashville where my wife's family got us tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I'm not the biggest RHCP fan by a long shot but the Strokes and Thundercat opened and I love the both of them.

Honestly, I'm all in favor of keeping the CB&I format as the standard. Makes for a fun road trip, and unpredictability when it comes to what you'll see date to date.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 08-18-2022 at 09:06 PM.