Page 482 of 482 FirstFirst ... 382 432 472 480 481 482
Results 14,431 to 14,446 of 14446

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #14431
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Three of my Top 20—"And All That Could Have Been," "All the Love in the World," & "The Perfect Drug"—have now been played live with some regularity, but all at shows (or straight up tours—thanks, Trent, for that Physical World idea) to which I could not get a ticket. I still have not listened to recordings because I don't want to even have a preconceived notion before I see it. And now I'm just hoping that someday I might actually have the chance to see it.

    Fingers crossed.
    They just did an amazing US tour. I am grateful they played over here in the EU, absolutely, but seeing those setlists was honestly a bit of a slap in the face. It was like we were the warm-up audience before they pulled out all the stops.

    I don't care about flashy production, I just want to see the songs.

  2. #14432
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They just did an amazing US tour. I am grateful they played over here in the EU, absolutely, but seeing those setlists was honestly a bit of a slap in the face. It was like we were the warm-up audience before they pulled out all the stops.

    I don't care about flashy production, I just want to see the songs.
    I hate to even mention it because it sounds like a brag but itís been almost two years and I still canít believe I saw them play The Perfect Drug AND Happiness in Slavery at the same show.

    Side note, I just happened to watch This Oneís on Us Today and forgot how bothered I was by Robin not standing in the middle of the projection during Piggy (Ghosts)

  3. #14433
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I know Trent has mentioned before that both Satellite and Everything were originally supposed to be "new tracks" for an Interscope curated "Greatest Hits" album ... but I wonder why that compilation just never came into fruition? It's not like they'd be "lol, it's cool. keep those tracks for yourself once you join another label"—right? You'd think if they were going to be creating a compilation, they'd just go ahead and release one? Wonder what happened to that.

    I think about this a lot because I would've loved to have owned "Deep" in a physical format besides having to own the Tomb Raider soundtrack.

  4. #14434
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,158
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I know Trent has mentioned before that both Satellite and Everything were originally supposed to be "new tracks" for an Interscope curated "Greatest Hits" album ... but I wonder why that compilation just never came into fruition? It's not like they'd be "lol, it's cool. keep those tracks for yourself once you join another label"óright? You'd think if they were going to be creating a compilation, they'd just go ahead and release one? Wonder what happened to that.
    I'm guessing Trent never actually handed those tracks over to Interscope, so he was free to do with them as he pleased. Also, my understanding is that Trent wants (or wanted?) to be involved with creating the greatest hits album so that it's not just a randomly thrown together mix of already available material. Greatest hits albums seem kind of antiquated now that everyone can just make their own versions at home, so I'm not surprised that we haven't seen one yet.

  5. #14435
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm guessing Trent never actually handed those tracks over to Interscope, so he was free to do with them as he pleased. Also, my understanding is that Trent wants (or wanted?) to be involved with creating the greatest hits album so that it's not just a randomly thrown together mix of already available material. Greatest hits albums seem kind of antiquated now that everyone can just make their own versions at home, so I'm not surprised that we haven't seen one yet.
    Totally. Even by 2012/2013 - greatest hits release wouldn’t have been necessary but even more so now in 2020.

  6. #14436
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I know Trent has mentioned before that both Satellite and Everything were originally supposed to be "new tracks" for an Interscope curated "Greatest Hits" album ... but I wonder why that compilation just never came into fruition? It's not like they'd be "lol, it's cool. keep those tracks for yourself once you join another label"óright? You'd think if they were going to be creating a compilation, they'd just go ahead and release one? Wonder what happened to that.

    I think about this a lot because I would've loved to have owned "Deep" in a physical format besides having to own the Tomb Raider soundtrack.
    I've also wondered about why it hasn't happened yet. It would also be an opportunity to compile some music videos onto a DVD as part of a deluxe package. I really thought that they'd jump on it last year for the 30th anniversary of the band.

  7. #14437
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,157
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I think about this a lot because I would've loved to have owned "Deep" in a physical format besides having to own the Tomb Raider soundtrack.
    Back in the day, this promo CD was sitting in the dollar bin begging to be rescued. I had to oblige.

  8. #14438
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Back in the day, this promo CD was sitting in the dollar bin begging to be rescued. I had to oblige.
    I see that on Discogs from time to time! Nice grab.

  9. #14439
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough patch. I actually have a similar experience. Last year, my 12 year relationship came to an end and it was only by listening to NIN during quarantine that I found such a strong connection with the albums, especially PHM and TDS. I saw all my anger, bitterness, self-hatred, and depression reflected in those albums. So, NIN has been a huge comfort during this time.

    I hope things start looking up for you soon.

  10. #14440
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,433
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm guessing Trent never actually handed those tracks over to Interscope, so he was free to do with them as he pleased. Also, my understanding is that Trent wants (or wanted?) to be involved with creating the greatest hits album so that it's not just a randomly thrown together mix of already available material. Greatest hits albums seem kind of antiquated now that everyone can just make their own versions at home, so I'm not surprised that we haven't seen one yet.
    The Definitive Edition reissues must have been a carrot dangled to renegotiate their Interscope contract, and perhaps releasing Deviations 1 got them out of the Greatest-Hits clause... that said, once they've remastered Year Zero, they could do a 1989-2007 complete albums collection with Tom Baker's mastering and put it on streaming sites.

  11. #14441
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Do you think Trent is a Turtles fan?


  12. #14442
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,283
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Do you think Trent is a Turtles fan?

    I wonder that myself, since i'm also a huge TMNT fan, but i don't think so...

  13. #14443
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,399
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    sorry to spoil the fun honestly don't know if you were joking, but the manhattan project was a real thing.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhat...0and%20Canada.

    The Manhattan Project was a research and development undertaking during World War II that produced the first nuclear weapons. It was led by the United States with the support of the United Kingdom and Canada.
    it is also the name of a movie from the 80s where a teenager builds an atomic bomb for a science fair.

  14. #14444
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    honestly don't know if you were joking, but the manhattan project was a real thing.
    I was kidding around. I know virtually nothing about TMNT; just came across the game and thought it was amusing enough to share.

  15. #14445
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I know virtually nothing about TMNT
    Well, they're humanoid turtles and well versed in the martial arts. They love pizza, and eat in constantly because their boss is the rat from Chuck E Cheese.

  16. #14446
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I was kidding around. I know virtually nothing about TMNT; just came across the game and thought it was amusing enough to share.
    Damn good NES game.

    Plus, I'm also a TMNT fanatic as well. Cowabunga.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions