Page 480 of 528 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,400 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    counting the days until you make this post about "god break down the door", you dingus*

*i love you, tony <3
    Listen, Everything still makes me dry heave ok.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Been revisiting Nine Inch Nails live bootlegs again. Every once in awhile, I'll just venture to @ninlive's site and just download a bunch of shows from eras that I saw the band in (2005-2018) and it just makes wish I had seen them more times than I have. Always a monetary and schedule conflict before, but in every era since With Teeth I've been able to see one leg of a major tour. I just love it that as fans we have so people wanting to tape the shows to revisit. Totally different kinds of bands, but I see the appeal for bands like Phish in regards to tape trading and wanting to see countless number of shows to find the perfect set list.

Makes me even more glad that he's wanting to continue the "Cold and Black and Infinite" style of production/venue choice/set list variety. Hoping that come next year, if all is back to normal, I'll be able to add more than just like a St. Louis or Kansas City date to my list of live NIN experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Listen, Everything still makes me dry heave ok.
    I put Hesitation Marks on the other day and I get why people crap on Everything—but for what the song goes for, I'm 100% in. It doesn't fit the rest of the album (which is already a bit scattered), but I really love the Dinosaur Jr/Cure vibe it has. Being sandwiched next to Satellite is a bit of whiplash though.

Also, God Break Down the Door is probablyyyyyyy one of my all time favorites now??? I don't know ... anytime it comes on I'm instantly sucked in and anytime Trent ventures into jungle/drum and bass territory, it makes me super happy.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-23-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Capital G says "Hi!"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    There's a good chance we'll never see something like The Physical World presale event again given the current state of the world, right?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    No, things will eventually return to normal again. I work in healthcare. This is just a period of our lives. Like after 1918-19, eventually things slowly normalized. Wear your mask over your nose, stay away from people outside your household, and you'll find yourself at a concert in a couple years.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    No, things will eventually return to normal again. I work in healthcare. This is just a period of our lives. Like after 1918-19, eventually things slowly normalized. Wear your mask over your nose, stay away from people outside your household, and you'll find yourself at a concert in a couple years.
    i can't believe how many people i've seen wearing their masks just over their mouths and not over their noses. like...c'mon, folks.

also, i really hope things get to a better place, but i don't want things to return to "normal" because, as we now have proof, our previous state of "normal" is not really good.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    There's a good chance we'll never see something like The Physical World presale event again given the current state of the world, right?
    Thank god, I would have loved to have been able to go to the last tour in chicago but couldn't because of that bullshit ass gimmick onsale.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    i can't believe how many people i've seen wearing their masks just over their mouths and not over their noses. like...c'mon, folks.
    Same. I also saw a lady in my hometown wearing a crocheted mask. Uhh...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Thank god, I would have loved to have been able to go to the last tour in chicago but couldn't because of that bullshit ass gimmick onsale.
    Same.

Though if they came to St. Louis next year for a few nights, the only positive thing about a Physical World in our hometown would be getting to hang out with you allllllll morning, bebe. <3

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I would be forever happy if I never had to be directed to, or subjected to another cover Hurt again in my life.
    I liked the original, I liked the Cash cover....but I am sick to death of it now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I would be forever happy if I never had to be directed to, or subjected to another cover Hurt again in my life.
    I liked the original, I liked the Cash cover....but I am sick to death of it now.
    If i'll ever hear "I wear crown of thorns" one more time in one of these covers I'll lose it

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    If i'll ever hear "I wear crown of thorns" one more time in one of these covers I'll lose it

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I'm sure you'll love Sheryl Crow's cover of a cover then.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think it was a poor substitution - too biblical. I'd have gone with 'crown of bees'.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think it was a poor substitution - too biblical. I'd have gone with 'crown of bees'.
    OR Dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    BEES!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    OR Dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
    my brain immediately tried to jam that in the space and it made me laugh out loud.

i'd go with "crown of butts" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    My mother used to refer to it as “that crown of thorns song” all the time.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    i'd go with "crown of butts" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Oh, hai, Tina Belcher.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Oh, hai, Tina Belcher.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Actually laughed out loud at Crown of Bees. Double dare TR to sing this on the next tour.
    I thought I was sick of Hurt altogether. London 02 I skipped it to miss the crowds, but Southbank Centre was the first time I heard it live in person in years and it was immensely powerful. Fortunately I don't hear all these covers...
    Oh and also, Everything and Satellite are probably my favourite songs from HM. Very different from each other, but still, they rock.

My own random thought - a little while back (or was it years ago? it's hard to tell) Therapy? released a Greatest Hits set that was a bunch of old singles rerecorded basically live in the studio, and I thought it worked really well. This is what I thought Nine Inch Nails should have done at some point. I love a good live album, but just to have the beefed up live versions of old favourites in a controlled setting - well, I'd listen the hell out of that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    My own random thought - a little while back (or was it years ago? it's hard to tell) Therapy? released a Greatest Hits set that was a bunch of old singles rerecorded basically live in the studio, and I thought it worked really well. This is what I thought Nine Inch Nails should have done at some point. I love a good live album, but just to have the beefed up live versions of old favourites in a controlled setting - well, I'd listen the hell out of that.
    I agree with you there. Part of the reason I love Still was the dressed down raw versions of SICNH, the Becoming and the Fragile.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just realised that TR did all the character’s voices in Quake.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would love to see a live stream (Twitch stream or w/e) of Trent and Atticus tinkering around with the creation of a new song, not like the whole thing, just to watch some of their process and what not.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    I would love to see a live stream (Twitch stream or w/e) of Trent and Atticus tinkering around with the creation of a new song, not like the whole thing, just to watch some of their process and what not.
    This would be cool. In a similar vein; I've been too lazy to do it, but I've always wanted to see Ally and Atticus' isolated contributions and variations they bring to the live performance. Alessandro has posted some videos on IG from time to time.

I found this , but does anyone have one with performance sound?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    Hmm, I've watched this vid before, but didn't really pay attention: on the display at about 7:20 there's a list of songs "the band is capable of playing" and there are a few ones that they didn't play in 2014 (or 2013 for that matter): The Collector, Discipline, Everything (!), Ghosts 8, Ghosts 11, Getting Smaller, The Fragile, Speaking in Tongues (in the second column).
    I guess some of these may be just leftover libraries from 2008/2009 tours but who knows.
    Last edited by fillow; 06-26-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They did this in 2004. For the most part, it was a shitty webcam in the corner of a studio. Quite choppy. No sound.
    I remember seeing Katy B hanging out in there. They were probably working on Jakalope alongside With Teeth.

This would be cool but not if it disrupts/alters their work flow. It'd also spoil the song, unless they played it live first and built it later in the studio.

Another track break-down as they did with The Lovers would be preferable.
    How about a 6 hour session, 1 hour break (or whatever they would prefer) and build a song from scratch? Maybe even two four hour sessions split in two days. I think an instrumental would be easiest, since lyrical content I'm assuming might take longer to fit into a song. Maybe even take that session, add it to the next album with included lyrics that weren't part of the stream, so it would sorta be like a new song.

I'm not really big into watching "streamers" play games, although when I'm interested in a game, I'll open a random stream just to take a look at that game. I understand why streaming is quite popular nowadays, if you spend enough time watching said streamer you really get an interesting inside look at their personality - it's kinda like watching Bob Ross do paintings, after a few shows you get a good understanding of his personality.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    And All That Could Have Been needs to be a live staple.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Those who frequent the relationship thread may be familiar with my current situation regarding the break up with my fiancé. I’ve certainly been going through some intense depression which has of course caused me to go heavy back into the NIN library. Lately I’ve noticed Hesitation Marks has been a real perfect fit for my mood of late. “Find My Way” and “Came Back Haunted” are really perfect themes to associate with my move back from Colorado to Illinois.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Three of my Top 20—"And All That Could Have Been," "All the Love in the World," & "The Perfect Drug"—have now been played live with some regularity, but all at shows (or straight up tours—thanks, Trent, for that Physical World idea) to which I could not get a ticket. I still have not listened to recordings because I don't want to even have a preconceived notion before I see it. And now I'm just hoping that someday I might actually have the chance to see it.

Fingers crossed.
    They just did an amazing US tour. I am grateful they played over here in the EU, absolutely, but seeing those setlists was honestly a bit of a slap in the face. It was like we were the warm-up audience before they pulled out all the stops.

I don't care about flashy production, I just want to see the songs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They just did an amazing US tour. I am grateful they played over here in the EU, absolutely, but seeing those setlists was honestly a bit of a slap in the face. It was like we were the warm-up audience before they pulled out all the stops.

I don't care about flashy production, I just want to see the songs.
    I hate to even mention it because it sounds like a brag but it’s been almost two years and I still can’t believe I saw them play The Perfect Drug AND Happiness in Slavery at the same show.

Side note, I just happened to watch This One’s on Us Today and forgot how bothered I was by Robin not standing in the middle of the projection during Piggy (Ghosts)