Page 470 of 471 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 468 469 470 471 LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,100 of 14109

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    There's no "sample" there. It even says so in the link above: Interpolation (Replayed Sample)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I know Reptile samples Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Leviathan. But that's all I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I know Reptile samples Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Leviathan. But that's all I think
    I believe those robotic shifting sounds are from James Cameron's Aliens.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    I believe those robotic shifting sounds are from James Cameron's Aliens.
    What an amazing use of those samples!! I love those robotic sounds, it was what hooked me unto the song when I heard it for the first time

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea where Trent and Ross sampled those creepy laughs from The Lovers? Definetelly sounds like they got it from somewhere, wish I knew where, it adds so much to the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'Torn Polaroid' from The Vietnam War Soundtrack is a brilliant track. Truly haunting and beautiful.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fun ad, I've never seen it before:

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    This already ties in with seeing Nine Inch Nails live, but I feel thankful to have had my "Middle of the decade" experiences with seeing NIN live in both the 2000s (2005) and the 2010s (2013). -Close enough, since it was almost 2014 by then anyway.-

I just ended up thinking about the "Middle of the decade" with NIN because of the legendary/epic era that was The Downward Spiral. If only I caught that, but I wasn't a fan yet, nor was I even aware that NIN existed. And well, With Teeth and Hesitation Marks were certainly great times, as with any/all NIN eras.

I also know it's unlikely, but I hope to see NIN in at the Citi Field stadium located in Queens, New York some day, as I went to see NIN in Manhattan, Brooklyn and even Long Island, yet Queens would still be the most convenient commute for me out of them all, especially since Citi Field is also located in Flushing Meadows - Corona Park of all places, less than 1 hour from home.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-14-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Fun ad, I've never seen it before:

I could buy Broken at Nickelodeon!?

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I could buy Broken at Nickelodeon!?
    Whoa. I seriously glossed that over big time as I kept staring at the prices. And to think how Broken is a shade of orange mixed with yellow and some red, which still goes perfectly with the old Nickelodeon logo. I also like how most of my best memories with Nickelodoen also coincide with Pretty Hate Machine to With Teeth.

And now I'm reminded of the Deep video having some random gags of it being sponsored by Nickelodeon due to the green slime on its YouTube comments.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-15-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Remember when The Hand That Feeds first leaked from that radio station in really crappy quality and we all went gaga over it?

Remember when I copied that link from aperfectcircle.net forums and we heard 30 second samples of all the With_Teeth tracks?

Remember going apeshit on the website that first recorded TR doing Non-Entity with the beat box? We all saw the track title first, then spent the next few hours trying to find the actual damn song.

Listening to the studio version of Non-Entity now and eating member berries.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Makemkv can't handle my PAL AATCHB disc 1. Which is interesting. I'll have to rip it with something else.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    "You see. Trent Reznor emerged as an underground rock star last year with a band called Nine Inch Nails. I know. I know. It's more like Nine Inch Noise."

But really though. It's still one of my favorite moments on that episode of Hard Copy concerning the accidental controversy that surrounded Down In It at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Isn't the crescendo from Laura Palmer's theme used in Reptile?
    Last edited by tap3worm; 10-28-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Remember when The Hand That Feeds first leaked from that radio station in really crappy quality and we all went gaga over it?

Remember when I copied that link from aperfectcircle.net forums and we heard 30 second samples of all the With_Teeth tracks?

Remember going apeshit on the website that first recorded TR doing Non-Entity with the beat box? We all saw the track title first, then spent the next few hours trying to find the actual damn song.

Listening to the studio version of Non-Entity now and eating member berries.
    I remember reading a story on the old ETS about a guy being a huge NIN fan and working at a pizza store in the middle of nowhere USA, hearing the Hand That Feeds come on the radio, and vaguely being aware that "oh my god, it's the new NIN song" and going apeshit over it, jumping up and down and letting a bunch of pizzas go cold.

Struck me as strange, because it was the first new NIN track in 6 years (not really if we're counting Still) - the distance between 1999-2005 feels unimaginably longer than the distance between 2013 and today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I remember reading a story on the old ETS about a guy being a huge NIN fan and working at a pizza store in the middle of nowhere USA, hearing the Hand That Feeds come on the radio, and vaguely being aware that "oh my god, it's the new NIN song" and going apeshit over it, jumping up and down and letting a bunch of pizzas go cold.

Struck me as strange, because it was the first new NIN track in 6 years (not really if we're counting Still) - the distance between 1999-2005 feels unimaginably longer than the distance between 2013 and today.
    I think it felt longer due to lack of internet and less social media etc.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Personally I would chalk it up to age - 6 years passing when you are in your teens/20's vs. 30/40's feels very different. Perception of time generally speeds up with age.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    How the fuck has Underneath It All never been played live?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Everyone should be listening to Pod Like a Hole. Those guys are great. Fun show. Come for the NIN, stay for Bowie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    How the fuck has Underneath It All never been played live?
    Yes! One of my favorite tracks of all time. So underrated. I always thought that would be such a great opener.

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Everyone should be listening to Pod Like a Hole. Those guys are great. Fun show. Come for the NIN, stay for Bowie.
    i've never checked it out but i sure do miss editing episodes of Underneath It All

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails should do a Bowie cover album. I know they never will, but it would be amazing. The possibilities are endless. If The Flaming Lips can do Dark Side of the Moon and Sgt. Peppers in their entirety, why not?

Here would be my dream NIN Bowie cover album, songs that I think Trent could pull off vocally and that would fit NIN thematically:

Subterraneans
    Scary Monsters
    I'm Deranged
    Station to Station
    Blackstar
    If you can see me
    I Would Be Your Slave
    I'm Afraid of Americans
    Always Crashing in the Same Car
    I Can't Give Everything Away
    Time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've often dreamt of an album consisting of studio or at least rehearsal versions of the Bowie, Joy Division and Numan covers they've done live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here would be my dream NIN Bowie cover album...
    Nice list, but you forgot 'Magic Dance'.
    Last edited by Tom; 11-05-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well, I think we know what Over and Out’s “I’ve always been ten years ahead of you” means.

from a recent interview in Forbes:

Reznor: Generally when I finish something, Downward Spiral comes to mind, as does I'd say the first three real albums — Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral and TheFragile — when The Fragile came out I'd been working on it so long and loved it and I was heartbroken that people didn't like it. And the majority of the fans didn't like it, they complained it didn't sound like Downward Spiral. And it was kind of accentuated by the record label also, "Only sold 400,000 records first week." It was hard not to let that kind of creep into your sense of disappointment. Man, I wish my audience would have gone on the trip with me. And jump ahead a few years then, especially when it got to about the 10-year mark, all of a sudden everyone's favorite album is the one they didn't like.

We don’t KNOW for sure, but it’s right there. Same with Year Zero, where ten years ahead he predicted what would happen. It seems like he is reflecting on this and his legacy. It makes a lot of sense and it is a lot deeper than just “album anniversaries”. It’s going through the pain of rejection only to find out you were right all along and feeling vindicated.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In one of the most recent articles Trent is asked about Billie Eilish. He mentions that he hasn't really listened to her music, but that Atticus has and kind of dug it, so he needs to look into it for himself.

I know I'm daydreaming here, but I would LOVE it if he gave her music a shot, liked it and tried to do something with her musically. Even if just one song. Billie is like ALMOST there for me, the lyrics can be a bit silly at times. But she's so young that I feel like it's not worth nitpicking over. Her image is cool as hell, her voice is wonderful and she seems willing to explore new sounds and try anything.

I feel like a bit of guidance from somebody like Trent would result in amazing growth for her, as well as her brother who shows a lot of promise in terms of his production work.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Another project I have often thought about that would be amazing would be Nine Inch Nails playing with an orchestra. Portishead did this, Flaming Lips, Metallica, and many others and it never gets old.

Perhaps they could do the Fragile that way? I feel like that album in particular would lend itself well to a symphony.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Another project I have often thought about that would be amazing would be Nine Inch Nails playing with an orchestra. Portishead did this, Flaming Lips, Metallica, and many others and it never gets old.

Perhaps they could do the Fragile that way? I feel like that album in particular would lend itself well to a symphony.
    I feel like they'd have to deconstruct some songs. I'm not sure how I feel about Somewhat Damaged in its regular arrangement or live arrangement with an strings playing on it.

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I feel like they'd have to deconstruct some songs. I'm not sure how I feel about Somewhat Damaged in its regular arrangement or live arrangement with an strings playing on it.
    i think strings playing the guitar parts would be incredible in that song!
    @Max that portishead NYC album (and particularly the DVD of it) is one of my favorite live recordings ever. i especially love how the orchestra members are dressed casually.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    You reminded me of the Dimmu Borgir show at Wacken in 2012: