Page 455 of 455 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455
Results 13,621 to 13,633 of 13633

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Undercurrents from the Bird Box soundtrack is amazing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I mean that they're not lyrics as they're unrelated to the songs and weren't written for music. They're just part of the artwork. It'd be more accurate to call them hidden words.
    Many of the extra lyrics in Branches/Bones are from here: https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/

Whether this is or isn't related to NIN directly is unclear. We're presuming it is.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I've done this with other musicians' discographies, but this is what I came up when imagining what it must've been like for those that have grown up with Nine Inch Nails from the very start.

I've also done this when any series/franchise and just imagined them being juxtaposed to various ages and phases of life. Even more interesting is when I actually hear and see cases of fans that have actually lived it and/or still are living it.

-Oh, and I know that college/marriage/children isn't for everybody. I just made an example for those might've gone through with those choices/lifestyles.-

Pretty Hate Machine - Broken (Middle School - High School)

Broken - The Downward Spiral (High School - College)

The Fragile - With Teeth (College - Career)

Year Zero - Hesitation Marks (Career - Marriage and/or Children) *Career would/should be a given at this point and beyond anyway.*

Hesitation Marks - Bad Witch (Taking your kids to their very first NIN show with you.) *Which I have actually seen in real life last year.*

But yes, I sometimes enjoy seeing and hearing of the changes other people go through while actively following any interests so loyally with some level of devotion and adoration. It's like how gamers grow up with their franchises, and should they have kids, also pass it down to them as well.

This also includes my fascination of how the meanings/feelings/thoughts of certain albums and songs change/grow with us as we go through life.

And well, I just picked NIN as an example, simply because ETS. *And the fact that I've done it before anyway.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-09-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolick Shiawase View Post
    I got Not The Actual Events on CD and I've been agonizing over what's different from the Physical Component, and the LP's liner notes or whatever. And on the hype sticker, there's this:

I have no idea if it's normal morse code, just put up as a decoration, or what. Also on the booklet, there's lines of lyrics not documented in ninwiki, like
    "Im rotting she feels
    Black hoods. Fumes slut
    I despise all over me" in Branches/Bones

Also there's an abundance of hidden lyrics, a clear layer of varnish was printed all over the booklet.

I don't know if I should dig deeper, as there seems to be a general disdain towards the idea of ARGs... Still, my curiosity is pulling me in directions I don't know if I should go to.

At least, I'd like to complete a bit of the NIN catalog documentation.

EDIT: When scanned and moved around, the booklet forms this, too:

And my best guesses at "decoding" the morse code were:
    EUEFEXTTTEEEDTE
    VEFEXT7DN

[NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS.]

ISA 8 E 2MDI=MYTOBHEHEN
    ISATZE TMTIIBOKMOBIETSEN
    The stuff on the hype sticker isn't Morse code. The lines are remnants of the hype sticker text that refers to vinyl. Off the top of my head, the first line reads "The preferred edition of NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS" or something like that, and there are references to 180 g vinyl. They've passive aggressively removed the text in a sloppy manner to diss the CD edition.

It's a fun little stunt, but nothing deeper than that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, since Atticus is an official member of NIN, I might as well crowbar this forgotten pearl into the random nin thoughts thread.

Mostly cause I love the visuals, Chris Cunningham and a young Atticus + lovely wife Claudia Sarne with their former band 12 Rounds and the song Personally. This track brings me back to the 90's big time when I lived in Costa Mesa, Orange County, and loved/hated it.

Anyway, Trent liked it too and signed them to Nothing Records. The rest is history:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x137u

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Well, since Atticus is an official member of NIN, I might as well crowbar this forgotten pearl into the random nin thoughts thread.

Mostly cause I love the visuals, Chris Cunningham and a young Atticus + lovely wife Claudia Sarne with their former band 12 Rounds and the song Personally. This track brings me back to the 90's big time when I lived in Costa Mesa, Orange County, and loved/hated it.

Anyway, Trent liked it too and signed them to Nothing Records. The rest is history:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x137u
    It is a cool track and a great video. Always wondered why this song didn't make it on the Jitter Juice LP... or, for that matter, on The Work of Chris Cunningham DVD.
    Last edited by botley; 01-09-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kinda surprised TR hasn’t chimed in yet on the 128kbps Bird Box mp3 files, and clarified if the correct title is And It Keeps Coming or And It Keeps On Coming. @teitan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The stuff on the hype sticker isn't Morse code. The lines are remnants of the hype sticker text that refers to vinyl. Off the top of my head, the first line reads "The preferred edition of NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS" or something like that, and there are references to 180 g vinyl. They've passive aggressively removed the text in a sloppy manner to diss the CD edition.

It's a fun little stunt, but nothing deeper than that.
    Thanks so much for the clarification! It was driving me nuts!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cheers! There are clearly a lot of clues in the packaging of these three releases (especially NTAE), but itd be a shame to waste time on a false lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had both up on my wall so I took a picture if you wanted to see. I'm late to what appears to be a finished conversation but Fred pretty much summed it up.

http://imgur.com/gallery/M8e33FV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andallthatcouldhavebeen View Post
    I had both up on my wall so I took a picture if you wanted to see. I'm late to what appears to be a finished conversation but Fred pretty much summed it up.

http://imgur.com/gallery/M8e33FV
    Even so, thank you so much for the side by side comparison! I appreciate your photo!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I've always loved hearing the ending of Ringfinger at the start of Closure alongside the scream from The Downward Spiral (The Bottom) and Mr Self Destruct's "I am the voice inside your head.". I love how it basically pumps you up for the rest of the video, albeit being the entire point, but it just never gets old to me. I also mean that for the rest of the songs from that era being mashed up near each other in the intro as well.

It's as if it was saying that the Pretty Hate Machine era is now closed and has exited the building. Enter The Downward Spiral. The new challenger has arrived. (With A Warm Place also nicely wrapping up the "closure" vibe of Closure later on.)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Enter The Downward Spiral. The new challenger has arrived.
    I'm looking forward to the Pig March Final Smash.