Page 451 of 528 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,530 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I want a studio verson of Now I'm Nothing with a re recorded version of Terrible Lie with a bunch of guitars to match the live version since you can't have Now I'm Nothing without Terrible Lie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I want a studio verson of Now I'm Nothing with a re recorded version of Terrible Lie with a bunch of guitars to match the live version since you can't have Now I'm Nothing without Terrible Lie.
    And I'd love a live version of Wish that preserves all the crazy distortion on the guitar from the studio version.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    There has to be a previously recorded version of now I’m nothing somewhere in his archives. I do not believe that he never recorded it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    There has to be a previously recorded version of now I’m nothing somewhere in his archives. I do not believe that he never recorded it.
    It’s stuff like this that fuels my hopes that one day we’ll see some kind of massive archive dump in the form of a paid subscription service or something, kinda like a newer iteration of The Spiral but members get access to archives of just an untold number of unused material, maybe even live show recordings. I’d pay any monthly price I had to for that, no questions asked, even if it wouldn’t be until after it’s time to pull the plug on NIN making new releases. The idea has its flaws that would need to be hashed out, certainly, but if there was ever gonna be a way to make a little extra monthly income, that wouldn’t be an awful way to do it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    It’s stuff like this that fuels my hopes that one day we’ll see some kind of massive archive dump in the form of a paid subscription service or something, kinda like a newer iteration of The Spiral but members get access to archives of just an untold number of unused material, maybe even live show recordings. I’d pay any monthly price I had to for that, no questions asked, even if it wouldn’t be until after it’s time to pull the plug on NIN making new releases. The idea has its flaws that would need to be hashed out, certainly, but if there was ever gonna be a way to make a little extra monthly income, that wouldn’t be an awful way to do it.
    I would pay for this as well. I fear that the perfectionist in him would never allow it, though which is a bummer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    That would be sooooo dope. They can put all of the Wave Goodbye/Tension stuff on there!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    He said he owes Interscope a Greatest Hits album, right? Might be a great excuse to release Now I'm Nothing as a bonus, just as Everything and Satellite were intended to be.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    He said he owes Interscope a Greatest Hits album, right? Might be a great excuse to release Now I'm Nothing as a bonus, just as Everything and Satellite were intended to be.
    I concur. I actually came to this thread just to remark on how I was reading an old interview from 2013 about him owing Interscope a greatest hits album and how he still hasn’t fulfilled that which means that is in our future at some point. What a silly concept in the era of streaming music.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What if Trent gave us a Greatest Hits collection, but the tracks were their updated, live versions re-recorded in the studio with the current band. Like a Greatest Hits meets Peel Session. Then you can have it open with Now I'm Nothing into Terrible Lie. Starfuckers, Inc. into The Hand The Feeds into Head Like A Hole into Hurt. Trent could use this tour since the setlists were so diverse and ever changing to nail it down. As bonus tracks thrown in, their cover of Digital and I Can't Give Everything Away.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-13-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was reading about the problem of Peter Murphy, and checked the collaborations with Trent

This is one, I really didn't remember . in fact this is the first time I listen this (and I like it a lot)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Been thinking about Hesitation Marks recently.

This album is REALLY different than the rest of the catalogue. I LOVE it. It’s very dear to me in fact. But it feels like an orphan now. Like how Trent said he doesn’t even know who that guy is anymore.

Here’s what I think it is - Trent was processing the dark person he once was. Life was feeling pretty good. Not perfect but pretty good. The world looked to be in general decline, but maybe if things are going alright for you personally or can tune it out. There was a new Trent being born. A new trajectory. Like there were going to be whole new albums in beautiful new directions we had never dreamed of.

But Not Anymore.

That was a path, a luxury, that is no longer possible. He began to go down it and turned back because this damned world came and kicked his door in. He’s minding his own business when He’ll is unleashed. And it brings out the old Trent again. To fuse with the new Trent. Burning Bright says it all.

I’m going back. Of course I am. As I I had a choice...

This all the throw backs to the old days, in the Trilogy, in the current tour.

In a way it’s incredible. But in a way it’s tragic. There was a course he was on, a sunrise that was just peaking over the horizon, only to have the sky blackened again.

Can totally relate in these times we are all living in.

And all that could have been...

What an interesting, and now more tragic album, Hesitation Marks. I treasure it though, and I do hope that some day he’ll have a chance to pick up that thread again and see what the next step down that path is. It’s hard to imagine any of us will get that chance though...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Do you think it bothers Trent’s OCD that the Trilogy aren’t in numerical halo order, with Deviations 1 in between NTAE and AV?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    That was a path, a luxury, that is no longer possible. He began to go down it and turned back because this damned world came and kicked his door in.
    One might even say... God broke down the door.

Speaking of, has Trent explained the title of God Break Down The Door anywhere? Or does anyone have any speculation as to what it might actually mean?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Do you think it bothers Trent’s OCD that the Trilogy aren’t in numerical halo order, with Deviations 1 in between NTAE and AV?
    I know it bothers me. I have my collection arranged with the trilogy together because I can't wedge deviations or Vietnam war ost in between them for fear of some kind of mental breakdown

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Been thinking about Hesitation Marks recently.

This album is REALLY different than the rest of the catalogue. I LOVE it. It’s very dear to me in fact. But it feels like an orphan now. Like how Trent said he doesn’t even know who that guy is anymore.

Here’s what I think it is - Trent was processing the dark person he once was. Life was feeling pretty good. Not perfect but pretty good. The world looked to be in general decline, but maybe if things are going alright for you personally or can tune it out. There was a new Trent being born. A new trajectory. Like there were going to be whole new albums in beautiful new directions we had never dreamed of.

But Not Anymore.

That was a path, a luxury, that is no longer possible. He began to go down it and turned back because this damned world came and kicked his door in. He’s minding his own business when He’ll is unleashed. And it brings out the old Trent again. To fuse with the new Trent. Burning Bright says it all.

I’m going back. Of course I am. As I I had a choice...

This all the throw backs to the old days, in the Trilogy, in the current tour.

In a way it’s incredible. But in a way it’s tragic. There was a course he was on, a sunrise that was just peaking over the horizon, only to have the sky blackened again.

Can totally relate in these times we are all living in.

And all that could have been...

What an interesting, and now more tragic album, Hesitation Marks. I treasure it though, and I do hope that some day he’ll have a chance to pick up that thread again and see what the next step down that path is. It’s hard to imagine any of us will get that chance though...
    I totally agree with you, and I feel exactly the same way about suddenly the world seeming dark again now, it really does

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    the 12/8 show is an absolute stunner! thank you RITC! & Trent for letting RITC exist!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    the 12/8 show is an absolute stunner! thank you RITC! & Trent for letting RITC exist!
    Oh my, that setlist is astonishing. Wish there was a better quality recording. Please say it's so @ninlive !

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Oh my, that setlist is astonishing. Wish there was a better quality recording. Please say it's so @ninlive !
    Better quality than 5/5? That is a bangin' recording in my estimation.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I hope you’re being facetious. That’s a great tape. There will be others, I’m sure.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I hope you’re being facetious. That’s a great tape. There will be others, I’m sure.
    My apologies. It was after midnight and I looked up the wrong show (12/12), which is labelled as '3.5/5' and is described as "An average recording". The setlist is gorgeous, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just remembered I dreamt that they played the whole of The Fragile at the final LA show in last nights sleep....

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Just remembered I dreamt that they played the whole of The Fragile at the final LA show in last nights sleep....
    that would be awesome. that & ghosts are my favorite NIN records.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    My apologies. It was after midnight and I looked up the wrong show (12/12), which is labelled as '3.5/5' and is described as "An average recording". The setlist is gorgeous, though.
    Lol, no worries! I was just so confused.

Yes! There will be other recordings!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    You’d pretty much be drunk by the end of the first song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Seems likely that we are going to have at least a few months coming without a peep from NIN. I know there is some T&R soundtrack stuff coming, but I imagine it’s going to be quite a while before we see another show, read another interview, or see anything else come out of the studio.

This was a really good run of two solid years of awesome new work.

Now I guess it’s time to get the headphones out and dive deeper into what we’ve got.

One thing I am really hoping for is to finally see those definitive editions of Year Zero, etc on Vinyl. Maybe 2019?

What a ride. Thanks Trent!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I pretty randomly looked up what's this actress called KaDee Strickland has been up to lately and one of her recent ig posts about a week ago was about seeing NIN.

14-year-old me - who used to have the biggest celebrity crush on her - would be overjoyed learning that she's a fan. On the other hand, though, this is a cool find that carries a gentle, but definite sting of jealousy with it. I can't help it, guys; during the last couple of months social media made me feel like everyone and their mothers was sitting at a NIN gig at one point, except for me and fellow UK/Europe-dweller fans.

At the time I had bigger, or at least more concerning things going on in life, but looking back at it now, those extra-limited London shows and rubbing it in with that "last time in Europe, maybe forever" comments were decidedly uncool.

Doubt that I'm the first person to complain about it, but it felt good.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I didn't get to go to any of the shows, but that's on me. If you can't make it to a show, you can't make it to a show. It's the luck of the draw unfortunately. I'm still grateful that I've at least seen one Nine Inch Nails show at this point, and hopefully someday I'll have the chance to see another.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    So I pretty randomly looked up what's this actress called KaDee Strickland has been up to lately and one of her recent ig posts about a week ago was about seeing NIN.

14-year-old me - who used to have the biggest celebrity crush on her - would be overjoyed learning that she's a fan. On the other hand, though, this is a cool find that carries a gentle, but definite sting of jealousy with it. I can't help it, guys; during the last couple of months social media made me feel like everyone and their mothers was sitting at a NIN gig at one point, except for me and fellow UK/Europe-dweller fans.

At the time I had bigger, or at least more concerning things going on in life, but looking back at it now, those extra-limited London shows and rubbing it in with that "last time in Europe, maybe forever" comments were decidedly uncool.

Doubt that I'm the first person to complain about it, but it felt good.
    Yeah I’m not a fan of ‘this is the last show’ last tour teasing either. Meltdown was the best show I’ve ever seen though and for some reason I don’t really feel jealous of the US. Im happy watching the footage and recordings. Basically we NEED a proper pro shot Blu-ray of the tour
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-16-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seems likely that we are going to have at least a few months coming without a peep from NIN. I know there is some T&R soundtrack stuff coming, but I imagine it’s going to be quite a while before we see another show, read another interview, or see anything else come out of the studio.

One thing I am really hoping for is to finally see those definitive editions of Year Zero, etc on Vinyl. Maybe 2019?
    If they are ever going to make good on their promise of a deluxe set for The Fragile this year would be the year to do it. I am really holding out hope for this, but you know how things usually go, so...