Page 440 of 528 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 438 439 440 441 442 450 490 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,200 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    100% you need to listen to Jesu and Earth. Those are my recommendations. Especially Jesu.
    More info on that ? Rym/discogs link ?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    More info on that ? Rym/discogs link ?
    I don't really understand what you want, but here's some songs that give you an idea of their sounds.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I noticed that on the recent shows where they play "I Do Not Want This" they've brought back the spoken word parts. I'm glad they did that but what bothers me is that JMJ isn't there to hit those sweet bass lines.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I don't really understand what you want, but here's some songs that give you an idea of their sounds.
    Thanks a lot. I mean relatively unknown bands called Earth or Jesu are really hard to find. Those youtube vids aren't even available for me Aha.

RYM and Discogs are website which are really useful if you want to link someone to an artist and have the entire discography at their disposal, so they can search themselves for more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Thanks a lot. I mean relatively unknown bands called Earth or Jesu are really hard to find. Those youtube vids aren't even available for me Aha.

RYM and Discogs are website which are really useful if you want to link someone to an artist and have the entire discography at their disposal, so they can search themselves for more.
    Well, if it helps, here are their discogs pages:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/87270-Earth-2

https://www.discogs.com/artist/233796-Jesu

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Me, listening to The Background World: "I bet it ends soon... Any second now..."
    *checks timer in Winamp*
    *another 4 minutes left*

Every. single. time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anyone know of where I can find an audio rip of Reptile from AATCHB?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Anyone know of where I can find an audio rip of Reptile from AATCHB?
    https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/421...(_DVD_to_MP3_)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    One of the things I have always, still and most likely will keep loving Nine Inch Nails for is how I always feel the same exact way I felt when I listen to his works for the very first time, while growing older with the music itself and looking it at different perspectives every now and then. What also fascinates me is how analyzed, dissected and deconstructed/reconstructed (As in Easter eggs, remixes, mash-ups and covers.) his music can be and how it technically also showcases Trent's talent and creativity and how very well it often stands the test of time, thus aging well since it's like you never know what you're going to find along with each release being a unique and very highly memorable experience. That definitely still has to be among some of the biggest reasons as to why I still keep coming back for more.

I will admit that I sometimes get burnt out, but that's like with excess in anything. But it still doesn't take long for me to be reminded why I started to become a fan.

It just kept occurring to me, as I kept jumping around the NIN discography, while also thinking about Pretty Hate Machine almost becoming 30 again. It's sometimes as if it's a new experience every time. (For the reasons already mentioned.)

And with that being said...

Oh, and for the Somewhat Damaged lovers, this just made me love Somewhat Damaged even more.

I was also pleasantly surprised and amazed as to just how well Was It Worth It? worked alongside The Big Come Down.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-12-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I’m considering getting my first NIN tattoo while I’m on vacation in CO next week for the Red Rocks shows. The idea that comes to mind immediately is the Demon Seed logo (one of my favorite songs in the catalog, for sure), and I realized that the place I wanted it is in the exact same spot as the one on the ETS splash page. I can’t tell whether that happened subconsciously or not, but I don’t think it’s enough to deter me from getting it, heh. Not to mention I’d imagine something so simple could also be relatively cheap. If not that, it would probably be the boxed NIN logo somewhere, or something. I’m gonna have to float around a couple ideas in my head before I decide for sure. *buries myself in NIN artwork for a week, deciding*

One way or another, my ass is getting a NIN tattoo this year (not literally....probably...)

AHHHHHH, IT’S NIN SEASON AGAIN! So excited!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’m considering getting my first NIN tattoo while I’m on vacation in CO next week for the Red Rocks shows. The idea that comes to mind immediately is the Demon Seed logo (one of my favorite songs in the catalog, for sure), and I realized that the place I wanted it is in the exact same spot as the one on the ETS splash page. I can’t tell whether that happened subconsciously or not, but I don’t think it’s enough to deter me from getting it, heh. Not to mention I’d imagine something so simple could also be relatively cheap. If not that, it would probably be the boxed NIN logo somewhere, or something. I’m gonna have to float around a couple ideas in my head before I decide for sure. *buries myself in NIN artwork for a week, deciding*

One way or another, my ass is getting a NIN tattoo this year (not literally....probably...)

AHHHHHH, IT’S NIN SEASON AGAIN! So excited!
    You should look at the devotions PDF. There's a nin logo that is kind of script that would be dope! I'll post up what I'm talking about when I get on a computer, it's difcult on a phone, lol.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    You should look at the devotions PDF. There's a nin logo that is kind of script that would be dope! I'll post up what I'm talking about when I get on a computer, it's difcult on a phone, lol.
    Oh, I know EXACTLY the one you mean, which is why I’m gonna have to sift through as much stuff as I can before deciding - make sure I’m not missing something that’ll make me go “FUUUUCK I shoulda done that one.”

Then again, I’ll likely be getting one in Chicago to celebrate those shows too, so there’s still plenty of time to decide on the second one, as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This one....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Oh, I know EXACTLY the one you mean, which is why I’m gonna have to sift through as much stuff as I can before deciding - make sure I’m not missing something that’ll make me go “FUUUUCK I shoulda done that one.”

Then again, I’ll likely be getting one in Chicago to celebrate those shows too, so there’s still plenty of time to decide on the second one, as well.
    I'll be at all three shows in Chicago. Hope to see you there! Post up in the show section!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You should look at the devotions PDF.
    Yeah, devotions are the best! :-)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I'll be at all three shows in Chicago. Hope to see you there! Post up in the show section!
    Till then.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Yeah, devotions are the best! :-)
    It should be a daily devotion, lol. Auto-correct on my phone doesn't always put what I mean.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Every Day Is Exactly The Same is definitely one of those perfect songs to listen to when you feel like you're just merely existing and going through the motions while paying lip service day in and day out. I still have hopes and dreams, but I sometimes can't shake that general feeling, especially at night.

Anyway, I have also just realized that could be the ultimate reason as to why it's my favorite song from With Teeth, right up there with All The Love In The World. I also find myself relating to The Collector and Getting Smaller much more in the 2010s than I ever did in the 2000s.

Nostalgia aside, I think this is why I also constantly return to With Teeth as far as post-The Fragile albums go.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Every Day Is Exactly The Same is definitely one of those perfect songs to listen to when you feel like you're just merely existing and going through the motions while paying lip service day in and day out. I still have hopes and dreams, but I sometimes can't shake that general feeling, especially at night.

Anyway, I have also just realized that could be the ultimate reason as to why it's my favorite song from With Teeth, right up there with All The Love In The World. I also find myself relating to The Collector and Getting Smaller much more in the 2010s than I ever did in the 2000s.

Nostalgia aside, I think this is why I also constantly return to With Teeth as far as post-The Fragile albums go.
    I love the abum With Teeth, but can do without Every Day Is Exactly The Same. I don't hate it, I can tolerate it, but kinda tune it out when it comes on. I'd take Home over EDIETS if I had to choose one to go in place of another. But for me, With Teeth is still the best post-Fragile album. The next release I loved was Not The Actual Events. Those two are at the top of my post-Fragile list.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Guys, I moved a bunch of setlist spoiler-y posts to the tour discussion and spoilers thread, because there are some people who are trying to avoid spoiler about the setlists. (Though, really, they'd just need to avoid the entire NINternet.)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    not so random thought i guess but i'm bumming i can't see this tour. can't make it happen with work & money. also, travelling is tough right now. anywhere in seattle, portland, vancouver axis i would be there. first 2 setlists are unreal good. need tapes...arghhhhhhh! sorry, pain meds kicking in. babbleyon

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Aside from Closure, there also sometimes isn't anything like chilling/emotionally/mentally healing to The Fragile on the weekend as a NIN fan.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Aside from Closure, there also sometimes isn't anything like chilling/emotionally/mentally healing to The Fragile on the weekend as a NIN fan.
    either that or that final nudge at the edge of the deep green sea....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Listening to lowlight's bootleg of 9/14, I've got to say it's kind of disappointing in Mr. Self Destruct's second verse and final chorus reprise that Robin's not playing the guitar riff replicating that weird-sounding synth noise he did in 2009 for every performance of the song. MSD feels hollow and incomplete without it. :-/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ahead of Ourselves feels like Mr. Self Destruct- gone- 2018.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Ahead of Ourselves feels like Mr. Self Destruct- gone- 2018.
    my brain always tries to mashup "ahead of ourselves" with "letting you"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my brain always tries to mashup "ahead of ourselves" with "letting you"

YES! That too, absolutely. The drum patterns/violence.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really wish Trent would stop using the alternating red and blue lights during performances of Gave Up, that shit hurts my eyes and I fear it could trigger someones epilepsy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I really wish Trent would stop using the alternating red and blue lights during performances of Gave Up, that shit hurts my eyes and I fear it could trigger someones epilepsy.
    It does, so before every show I've been to (since light shows became a thing) there's been warning signs that if you have photosensitive epilepsy you should stay far away from stage or refrain from coming up close.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    They've been doing it for almost twenty years, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.