Page 428 of 527 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,840 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I love PTGDP. The sax breakdown is killer.
    Yeah, I agree. It's probably my favorite instrumental Nine Inch Nails has done since the Ghosts era material.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "I'm Not From This World" is my favorite track on Bad Witch. That growing, pulsing tension is exquisite.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    INFTW is my least favorite track in the trilogy tbh.
    This track is great to me b/c it seems like a direct connection to his work on the Quake soundtrack, which I love. This track could easily be used for all sorts of video game background purposes. So much building dread going on.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Things Falling Apart is my favorite remix album, but I think that has a lot to do with how much I love everything about the Fragile era.

"Slipping Away" and "The Great Collapse" are a great one-two punch.

I would love to see Trent release a remix album of the entire trilogy, but I don't think he's as interested in that anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Deviations should've been released as Halo 29, so that the trilogy could be Halos 30-32 in order. Makes more sense and also easier to drag and drop them to the playlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Deviations should've been released as Halo 29, so that the trilogy could be Halos 30-32 in order. Makes more sense and also easier to drag and drop them to the playlist.
    This and the fact the ntae cd has a different style case to the other two really irritates me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would rather Deviations was some version of Halo 14. Like Halo 14: Deviations. Then other albums could have similar outtake releases, like Halo 08: Deviations, Halo 19: Deviations, and so on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It shouldn't have its own Halo number at all, previous similar things (TDS Deluxe, Still) in this area shared their number because it's not an original music release

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm watching the Beats interviews as the 2nd part on YouTube has those awful alt-right comments as I just decided to report those users for harassment. Man, they're harping on Trent for being honest and saying what is happening. They're upset he don't agree with their views as say they're no longer NIN fans and that NIN suck. What a bunch of assholes.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm watching the Beats interviews as the 2nd part on YouTube has those awful alt-right comments as I just decided to report those users for harassment. Man, they're harping on Trent for being honest and saying what is happening. They're upset he don't agree with their views as say they're no longer NIN fans and that NIN suck. What a bunch of assholes.
    They're probably the same people who would post something like this:
    http://www.nin.wiki/File:2005_07_09Questions13.gif

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Terrible LIE
    YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE
    Terrible Lie
    YOU MAKE ME HAPPY, WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY
    Terrible Lie
    YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU.
    Terrible Lie
    PLEASE DONT TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAYYYYYYY

PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAYYYYY
    "The other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamnt I held you in my arms. When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, so I held my head and I cried." You left that part out.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboHunter View Post
    This and the fact the ntae cd has a different style case to the other two really irritates me.
    All three CDs are slightly different sizes and it bothers me. Bad Witch in particular is noticeably taller than every other NIN CD next to it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Since I recently posted ideas for a new DVD/Blu-Ray release for halo 17. What if one series of reissues would be for the home video releases as I think a reissued edition of Closure in DVD/Blu-Ray should happen once Trent handles whatever needed to be settled for an official release. Both sections remastered with the appendage section plus a full-length version of the "Sin" video as well as "Burn". The big special feature will be a new NIN documentary about the period from 1988-1997 with new interviews from Trent, Chris Vrenna, Richard Patrick, Robin Finck, Charlie Clouser, Danny Lohner, Flood, and Alan Moulder plus a special tribute to James Wooley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    All three CDs are slightly different sizes and it bothers me. Bad Witch in particular is noticeably taller than every other NIN CD next to it.
    My Bad Witch CD is exactly as tall as Add Violence

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

It's more noticeable in person because the shelf is below eye-level, but it's noticeable to me. It's moreso the other albums to the left and right than AV.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Since I recently posted ideas for a new DVD/Blu-Ray release for halo 17. What if one series of reissues would be for the home video releases as I think a reissued edition of Closure in DVD/Blu-Ray should happen once Trent handles whatever needed to be settled for an official release. Both sections remastered with the appendage section plus a full-length version of the "Sin" video as well as "Burn". The big special feature will be a new NIN documentary about the period from 1988-1997 with new interviews from Trent, Chris Vrenna, Richard Patrick, Robin Finck, Charlie Clouser, Danny Lohner, Flood, and Alan Moulder plus a special tribute to James Wooley.
    I’m all for it, but don’t think we will ever see closure come to dvd, unfortunately. Don’t think Trent wants to deal with the bs involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For me, when juxtaposing all the songs from NTAE, AV, and BW, “The Lovers” easily makes it in the Top 5 of those tracks, probably even the Top 2 or 3. It took a little while for the spoken lyrics to grow on me, but goddammit if they haven’t pulled and tugged me down into the darkness. I find myself a lot of times listening to this song with my headphones in and eyes closed. Shutting myself out from the rest of the world, and just immersing myself into this music.
    Last edited by Bachy; 07-01-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Have they ever explained why they cut the Pinion/New Flesh intro from the live CD? It's always so jarring to hit play and BABABABA HEY. GOD.
    Meathead knew what it was all about:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

It's more noticeable in person because the shelf is below eye-level, but it's noticeable to me. It's moreso the other albums to the left and right than AV.

Interesting, you can see here that's not my case

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    After listening to Bad Witch a few times, I still feel that God Break Down the Door is the best song on there. It's so unusual for Trent, it kinda stands out more than anything in the NIN discography imo. Not meaning it's the best song he's ever done, it's just something I wouldn't have ever expected.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Interesting, you can see here that's not my case
    Also, the US and Australian versions are different size, with the Australian digipak being slightly taller.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That's because Trumpers are absolutely brainwashed and are digging in their heels as time goes on despite being proven fools over and over again. Trump could fly to their houses, knock on their doors, pin them down and take a shit in their mouths and with their last dying breath, the MAGAfolks would exclaim "BUT HER EMAILS! BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME!"

I've never seen anything like it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    That's because Trumpers are absolutely brainwashed and are digging in their heels as time goes on despite being proven fools over and over again. Trump could fly to their houses, knock on their doors, pin them down and take a shit in their mouths and with their last dying breath, the MAGAfolks would exclaim "BUT HER EMAILS! BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME!"

I've never seen anything like it.
    ::cough:: Hitler ::cough::
    Sorry, had to do it

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

A while back I used one of Shutterfly’s coupons to make some cheap (well, sorta) refrigerator magnets of the NIN discography (and a few other favs). Just thought I’d share because I think they’re cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboHunter View Post
    This bothers me more than it should.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    A while back I used one of Shutterfly’s coupons to make some cheap (well, sorta) refrigerator magnets of the NIN discography (and a few other favs). Just thought I’d share because I think they’re cool.

They're cute! But - why not use the OG PHM artwork? Blasphemy

Also, if you group them in fours, it might better feature the eras/runs of NIN: PHM to The Fragile, hiatus, WT to The Slip, hiatus, HM and the trilogy. IMO.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    This bothers me more than it should.

Not the actual size

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    They're cute! But - why not use the OG PHM artwork? Blasphemy

Also, if you group them in fours, it might better feature the eras/runs of NIN: PHM to The Fragile, hiatus, WT to The Slip, hiatus, HM and the trilogy. IMO.
    I like the PHM remaster’s artwork better. Yes, I know – blasphemy. I have higher resolution art of the remaster, too. As far as 3 rows of 4 being more representative of the different eras of the band, you’re right about that. My wife and I are planning to order coasters for our favorite albums, too (Mellon Collie, Master of Puppets, Weezer’s blue album, Fashion Nugget, Full Moon Fever, TDS...). If anyone wants to make something similar, I’ve got really high resolution images of all the album covers yanked from iTunes and the NIN website.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So now that the trilogy is over, you guys think we'll finally get the Definitive Editions of With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip up for preorder around Christmas time like Trent did previously?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    So now that the trilogy is over, you guys think we'll finally get the Definitive Editions of With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip up for preorder around Christmas time like Trent did previously?
    Man, I hope so ... I continuously keep checking back there to see if those have been made available to such luck yet.