Page 419 of 527 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 519 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,570 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Consequence of Sound ranks every NIN album from Worst To Best:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...h-nails-album/
    I'd put The Slip and Hesitation Marks far higher.

Happy to see Year Zero so high.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Consequence of Sound ranks every NIN album from Worst To Best:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...h-nails-album/
    "A Warmer Place?"
    "The Eater of Worlds?"

is this like a scavenger hunt to find the mistakes? Do I win a prize?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    JB-HI is selling Bad Witch with a signed post card. https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/brow...-witch/638544/
    doesn't seem like they ship to the US. ugh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    doesn't seem like they ship to the US. ugh.
    It let me order one for Denton, Tx.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It let me order one for Denton, Tx.
    I can't get it shipped to Florida.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I can't get it shipped to Florida.
    That's weird.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was able to order one (I'm in Minnesota), but for some reason it wouldn't accept my home address (used as a billing address) as a "valid address," so I had to use my work address for both shipping and billing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I tried using my phone instead of my work PC and it went through. Let's hope this gets processed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Good looking out my man. Purchased one just now. I hope by "postcard", they actually mean the 12x12 flat they were giving out during the Physical World sale. It's not clear enough by the picture provided:

Still, a smaller & perhaps unique promo item for the album that is signed by (hopefully) Trent plus whoever else they can get would be pretty damn cool too.
    Honestly, expect it to be Richard Patrick that signs it... But for real, the only signed thing I have is a beat up Broken CD. Hopefully it is the 12x12 though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Order complete, thanks for looking out. Hope I was early enough to score the signed card.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think it's pretty clearly a standard 4.25" x 6" post card. I just wish it weren't so expensive, at $28 after shipping. Still, if it's signed by the whole band, it's worth the extra $20.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, as long as it's at least signed by TR and Atticus, that's a steal. The only thing I have framed by NIN in my living room is the NIN/SG Austin poster.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Grabbed one, too (no issues to AZ). Good looking out!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ordered

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    That would have been a nice physical component from the nin store.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So the question I have about this post card (and I realize no one really has the answer) is, is the signature real hand signed (maybe numbered) or printer printed signatures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    is the signature real hand signed (maybe numbered) or printer printed signatures?
    My guess it's a printed signature. Why would TR take time to sign a bunch of Postcards for JB hifi? It's basically Australia's BEST BUY.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    My guess it's a printed signature. Why would TR take time to sign a bunch of Postcards for JB hifi? It's basically Australia's BEST BUY.
    Bands do this type of thing all the time as part of a promotional release. The label coordinates it and ships the signed items to retailers. Newbury Comics in Boston offers signed items a lot. It might even signal some sort of tour promotion at some point in the near future. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if they added a couple of AUS dates after Japan in August.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If this arrives and it is a printed signature, would that be false advertising?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    If this arrives and it is a printed signature, would that be false advertising?
    I would imagine so. The thing says "POSTCARD SIGNED BY NINE INCH NAILS." If it's a re-printed signature, then technically, NIN and co did not sign it themselves.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I would imagine so. The thing says "POSTCARD SIGNED BY NINE INCH NAILS." If it's a re-printed signature, then technically, NIN and co did not sign it themselves.
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. I just sent them an email asking if its actually being signed, who's signing it, and what the size of the postcard is. We'll see what they say soon. In the meantime, I'm saving a screenshot of the offer page in case they change it down the line.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I got a response, but apparently I had emailed a specific store, not a corporate office. This is the response I got:

I’m afraid that as this is an online only offer, at a store level we actually do not have any information about who will be signing the card, nor the size of it. There is also no information on our intranet as we will not be receiving any postcards in store. The best I can do is assume, and say that it will be a standard postcard size (105mm x 148mm), and that it will be signed by both band mates (honestly this will probably be printed, too). I’m sorry I don’t have any information for you on it. If you query again closer to its release date there may be some information available to us.
    So not much information there, but he did say "honestly this will probably be printed, too". Not sure how much more value his assumption has over anybody else, but there's that. Has anyone tried contacting a corporate office?

I have a feeling they're going to have quite a shitshow on their hands if these start arriving with a machine printed signature on them.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I took the risk and ordered one.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    I took the risk and ordered one.
    Oh so did I. I'd rather get it and it not be what I expected and return it, then have it turn out that it is actually signed and I missed out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So I got a response, but apparently I had emailed a specific store, not a corporate office. This is the response I got:

So not much information there, but he did say "honestly this will probably be printed, too". Not sure how much more value his assumption has over anybody else, but there's that. Has anyone tried contacting a corporate office?

I have a feeling they're going to have quite a shitshow on their hands if these start arriving with a machine printed signature on them.
    Honestly, if they duped everyone and gave out reprinted signatures, they deserve whatever shitshow they get.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    well, we apparently liquidated whatever inventory they had because its no longer available.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just saw this comment string on Reddit:

Looks like we may actually be getting legitimate autographs for less than 30 clams.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My order now has cancelled beside its status. Lame. No idea what's going on here. I've dropped them an email.....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    My order now has cancelled beside its status. Lame. No idea what's going on here. I've dropped them an email.....
    Well they are out of stock now, so if you just ordered it today, they may have already run out. My order from yesterday says Confirmed, so I don't think they're just canceling everybody's. Looks like you can still order the vinyl with postcard though if you want that: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/What...-vinyl/638548/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Las Vegas magazine argueing a NIN Las Vegas residency - https://lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/...gas-residency/