Page 415 of 528 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 413 414 415 416 417 425 465 515 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,450 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Reading the most recent post on nin.com's home page, something is extremely satisfying about the way the phrase "LISTEN TO GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR" sounds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Reading the most recent post on nin.com's home page, something is extremely satisfying about the way the phrase "LISTEN TO GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR" sounds.
    The song is actually a field recording of god breaking down the door, so it's appropriate phrasing.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    God i cant believe the Bad Witch thread got closed....again

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    God i cant believe the Bad Witch thread got closed....again
    Thinking back, this is kind of what happens to every new album thread if it's still too far out from release. Speculation turns to criticism turns to infighting between new and old members. We probably all should have seen this coming.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I remember the old Fragile reissue thread getting locked for that exact reason.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ah yeah what does one expect anyway? There's almost nothing NEW to really discuss and after the "my entire cock" thing, I think it's best to simmer down until closer to release haha. But seriously, that was an amazing moment.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Since the Bad Witch thread got understandably closed again, here goes: I personally recommend seeking out and listening to the relatively poor quality leak of Ahead of Ourselves, especially if you're a bit meh about the track he put out last week and/or prefer the abrasive side of NIN. I think it's listenable enough, and shows promise more chaotic stuff ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Since the Bad Witch thread got understandably closed again, here goes: I personally recommend seeking out and listening to the relatively poor quality leak of Ahead of Ourselves, especially if you're a bit meh about the track he put out last week and/or prefer the abrasive side of NIN. I think it's listenable enough, and shows promise more chaotic stuff ahead.
    Part of it reminds me a little of Dogma by MM. Some Antichrist Superstar vibes there with the ring-mod vocals too...

Cheers for the heads up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjt View Post
    Part of it reminds me a little of Dogma by MM. Some Antichrist Superstar vibes there with the ring-mod vocals too...

Cheers for the heads up!
    Yes he vocal phrasing when he shouts “Cel-e-bra-tion” (i think) is v MM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I kinda miss the Pinion live intro - that version of the track is really cool, teasing with the brooding synth notes and then the riff slamming in at full volume, and running a little quicker (I think) than the album version. It's a really great intro to a show.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is this simulation collapsing?

"BEIJING — An American government employee posted in southern China has signs of possible brain injury after reporting disturbing sounds and sensations, the State Department said on Wednesday, in events that seemed to draw parallels with mysterious ailments that struck American diplomats in Cuba.

Starting in late 2016, diplomats posted to the United States Embassy in Havana began complaining of hearing strange, wrenching noises and suffering symptoms like headaches, dizziness and loss of hearing. A total of 24 Americans were confirmed as suffering from the attacks, most of them diplomats and some diplomats’ spouses.

The incidents occurred in 2016, when 18 of the 21 affected diplomats reported they heard strange sounds in their homes or hotel rooms. The noises were loud and sounded like buzzing or grinding metal, or piercing squeals or humming, the diplomats recalled.

Many said they felt increased air pressure, as if they were riding in a car with the windows rolled partway down. Three diplomats said they felt a vibration.

All but one reported immediate symptoms: headache, pain in one ear, loss of hearing. Days or weeks later, other symptoms emerged, including memory problems, an inability to concentrate, mood problems, headaches and fatigue."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/w...consulate.html
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-23-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    What Makes This Song Great? Rick Beato has been breaking down songs recently. In this episode he does The Hand That Feeds.

Out of EVERY Nine Inch Nails song?! Jesus...
    EDIT: This is a fantastic breakdown though, need to dig out those multitracks.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 05-23-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    what is "the best band of all time" and "the worst band of all time"?

also, what is 30?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What is "The Nine Twenty One"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also, what is 30?
    Correct, the board is yours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    What Makes This Song Great? Rick Beato has been breaking down songs recently. In this episode he does The Hand That Feeds.

Awesome find!! I will shamelessly admit that I freaking love The Hand That Feeds. I'd never gone after those multitracks, but now I wish I'd have heard them earlier -- I'd never noticed that extra percussion at the end of the first chorus, and those isolated drums sound amazing.

Also, something I've always thought but never shared -- that "whooshing" synth sound that's audible in the intro and throughout the song sounds EXACTLY like the master toilet flushing when you stand in the living room of my childhood home.

Just saying.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    “Where Is Everybody (Version)” is in my Top 5 remix tracks.

I am really a liar . . .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    screw the haters....i love this song. always have.

the "straight mix" version is awesome

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    It sounds like some parepin is in order.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Correct, the board is yours.
    i'll take "what's a NIN?" for $400, alex
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-23-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    THTF is awesome. Killer stereo at home and pump that, gets me moving every time.

I saw that video tonight and was going to post but, but sort of figured it would be here already. I hadn't really heard some of those sounds hidden in the mix before, definitely going back into heavy rotation tomorrow.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    THTF is awesome. Killer stereo at home and pump that, gets me moving every time.

I saw that video tonight and was going to post but, but sort of figured it would be here already. I hadn't really heard some of those sounds hidden in the mix before, definitely going back into heavy rotation tomorrow.
    As I said often, everything Trent touches is art, even shitty songs like THTF. The song sucks, but how it’s created and arranged is another discussion.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Bad Witch CD on Amazon is now down to $9.66 from $10.98.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nin...ine+inch+nails

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Bad Witch CD on Amazon is now down to $9.66 from $10.98.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nin...ine+inch+nails
    wow...uh, don't read the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon. people are awful, awful human beings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    wow...uh, don't read the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon. people are awful, awful human beings.
    *immediately reads the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon*

Oh. Oh damn.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    *immediately reads the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon*

Oh. Oh damn.
    like, i can handle the ones where people don't like the music or the mixing, or are weirded out by TBW's loop...but there are so many people literally wishing trent was a drug addict again...jesus fucking christ. i'm glad when people say that shit around here, everyone shuts them down.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    like, i can handle the ones where people don't like the music or the mixing, or are weirded out by TBW's loop...but there are so many people literally wishing trent was a drug addict again...jesus fucking christ. i'm glad when people say that shit around here, everyone shuts them down.
    There are always people saying that sort of shit on NINs Facebook page, its depressing. I think people don't think they're talking about a real person sometimes, and the internet just magnifies that attitude

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This one is so naive it's quite funny. The rest is awful though.

"Listening to waves crashing and gulls crying is more exciting. Lately NIN keeps turning right on an oval racetrack. I don't understand all the rave reviews it's not even good for background music, it's just noise. I guess if you liked their Ghosts album this is for you.????"

Well you're goddamn right I liked the "Ghosts album".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also in the camp of shamelessly and unapologetic-ally loving THTF. I never really got the hate for it, it was a very different kind of song for NIN but I think that's what was needed at the time of it's release.

It falls into the same camp as Discipline for me, just a perfect slice of the poppier side of NIN.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    “Where Is Everybody (Version)” is in my Top 5 remix tracks.

I am really a liar . . .
    It's great. It took me a long time to appreciate it, but now it makes me dance like crazy. Also, when I was doing my Fragile Megamix, I found that it becomes even better if you cut the wordless part between "WHERE. IS. EVERYBODY." and the first verse. Like, straight to the point, BAM.