Page 411 of 528 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,330 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Its criminal that TDS tour only has 1 definitive pro shot (Woodstock)...The longest tour they ever did and by most accounts, their greatest tour....1 Pro shot....Would be nice to see TR leak something out of the vaults and throw it up there for everyone to grab
    I was super bummed when watching Closure back when it came out. Bought it since I thought it was a pro shot of the arena tour. :/

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I love Closure for what it is and as a younger fan it’s always felt like a cool window into another time and another place that i didn’t get to be in but I’ve always thought it was weird that when Trent leaked the DVD it didn’t include any full show footage. Nowadays tour DVDs are pretty much nonexistent and I feel like labels have no interest in funding any ambitious ones. YouTube is cool and the amount of good quality footage is only getting better as time goes by but the fact that the experience of a set like AATCHB or even the AVOTT set is all but gone sucks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The “Copy of A” remix that was released exclusively to Beats needs an official NIN release so I can add it back to my library.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Its criminal that TDS tour only has 1 definitive pro shot (Woodstock)...The longest tour they ever did and by most accounts, their greatest tour....1 Pro shot....Would be nice to see TR leak something out of the vaults and throw it up there for everyone to grab
    That era was and should be what it is: Gritty
    Crispy NIN came with AATCHB and I love it, but TDS on album & live was always like stock footage badly exposed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's a LOT of PG songs i'd love to hear trent cover. if it was still 1994 trent, i'd want "shock the monkey" (though it's a bit of an obvious choice). these days i'd love to hear him do something like "exposure" with pino on bass.
    "The Tower That Ate People" would be a solid Gabriel track to slip into the NIN repertoire.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    The “Copy of A” remix that was released exclusively to Beats needs an official NIN release so I can add it back to my library.
    You can download it here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The meltdown gig will be Everything’s live debut

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    "The Tower That Ate People" would be a solid Gabriel track to slip into the NIN repertoire.
    I'd personally love to hear Darkness (maybe too obvious; it sounds like a NIN song already) or Signal to Noise.

Also, the minimalist Lead A Normal Life might be interesting. It's like a Ghosts track from 1980.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's a LOT of PG songs i'd love to hear trent cover. if it was still 1994 trent, i'd want "shock the monkey" (though it's a bit of an obvious choice). these days i'd love to hear him do something like "exposure" with pino on bass.
    No self control would be incredible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    No self control would be incredible.
    I’ll add The Intruder to that list.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    too fucked up to care anymore...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Between the footage they have of all the Wave Goodbye club shows (besides Webster Hall) and the MIA Tension release (which sounds like it was going to include multiple shows and lineups from 2013-2014), there is so much amazing documentation of Nine Inch Nails live that will probably never see the light of day and that is just depressing. Like it is practically criminal to never release the Wave Goodbye footage.

Remember

Now imagine a whole DVD of that. Any one of the shows they filmed at that time would be an unbelievable release.
    That video and live video are my favorites on all the interwebs!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The first song on the new SLEEP album, the Sciences, sounds a lot like a Ghosts song at parts. 23 ghosts III.

The Wubwubwub part. Get it?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    12/19/16

1. Something I Can Never Have
    2. Hurt
    3. And All That Could Have Been
    4. Right Where It Belongs
    5. Zero Sum
    6. Ruiner
    7. La Mer
    8. We're In This Together
    9. While I'm Still Here
    10. Non-Entity
    4/28/18

1. Something I Can Never Have
    2. Hurt
    3. And All That Could Have Been
    4. Right Where It Belongs
    5. Zero Sum
    6. A Warm Place
    7. Maybe Just Once
    8. While I'm Still Here
    9. La Mer
    10. Ruiner / Even Deeper

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I was super bummed when watching Closure back when it came out. Bought it since I thought it was a pro shot of the arena tour. :/
    You were BUMMED by Closure? When it came out? REALLY?Hell I didn't even know what Pro Shot meant back then.
    I just knew that it was a dirty, gritty ass NIN VHS tape, ha, and I watched it over and over.
    I may have been a bit frightened by it, but that was the extent of any negative feelings.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You were BUMMED by Closure? When it came out? REALLY?Hell I didn't even know what Pro Shot meant back then.
    I just knew that it was a dirty, gritty ass NIN VHS tape, ha, and I watched it over and over.
    I may have been a bit frightened by it, but that was the extent of any negative feelings.
    Im not even sure if “pro shot” was even a term back then to be honest. I did think we were getting “professionally shot” footage of the arena tour. I mean, the Hurt video was already out and all over MTV. It was fair to speculate they recorded shows.

I found the documentary to be boring, on top of disappointment from not getting a complete concert.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Im not even sure if “pro shot” was even a term back then to be honest. I did think we were getting “professionally shot” footage of the arena tour. I mean, the Hurt video was already out and all over MTV. It was fair to speculate they recorded shows.

I found the documentary to be boring, on top of disappointment from not getting a complete concert.
    i think that, for me, being 17 when it came out, it was more like "this is what it is," you know? like if i didn't like it, i wasn't "getting it" or something.
    so there's that. i didn't question things much at that age.
    also, i didn't expect it to be...i didn't have any expectations about it at all i guess.
    i REALLY liked the video aspect of it and found the videos to be fucking horrifying, which was really cool.

speaking of that hurt video, i was at the Dallas show where some of it was filmed, which is probably the coolest NIN thing i've ever been party to.
    Edit:
    i need to amend this and say i GODDAMN sure don't think this makes me "special" or any shit like that.
    it's just a cool coincidence.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-29-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I came late enough to NIN where Closure not being a straightforward "professional" video didn't bother me, since I missed out on grabbing it on VHS and only saw it in full when the Torrent came out. I really liked the documentary aspect of seeing what their life touring at the time was like, and wish we could see more footage like that (from previous tours or future ones, Josh's YouTube videos and the few NIN behind the scenes tour videos were amazing for that). It's less of a "live video" and more of an "art video including clips of live performance" and that seems very fitting for the time especially.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Now thinking about it, Closure could benefit from some talk between songs, from the band and their crew, how much gear they took on tour, how much of it they broke, how they feel about particular songs or sequences of songs, how they debuted/dropped songs during tour, about their rapidly raising popularity, maybe some inclusion of local radio/tv guest spots at the time... this kind of stuff.

So that we learn a little more about mid-90s nin than basic "rage and chaos". I'm not exactly "bummed" though, and i respect the decision to make it less of a documentary in traditional sense, but it'd be cool.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    It's less of a "live video" and more of an "art video including clips of live performance" and that seems very fitting for the time especially.
    This exactly.
    And those videos, good god. Pinion, Sin, Happiness In Slavery: these days most fans have seen those clips from around the interwebs, but back then, that was the first and only place most of us had seen them and it was pretty intense. To me it was kind of like a "holy Jesus Trent is into some creepier shit than I realized" moment, ha.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Random NIN thought:

If I never get to see Burning Bright live (in person), I'm going to be irrationally angry.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Random NIN thought:

If I never get to see Burning Bright live (in person), I'm going to be irrationally angry.
    But the described condition makes it rational!
    F*** logic, right?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Random NIN thought:

I went to Vegas last year to hear it and TBW. Worth it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Random NIN thought:

It is so unbelievably incredible. Probably my favorite live NIN song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This time waiting for announcements (release, tour) is really killing me. I can handle the long waits in between, but when it gets to the point that something is imminent I can't take it. Every time nin.com loads slowly or generates an error I get really excited and then... I'm sure you know how it goes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It is so unbelievably incredible. Probably my favorite live NIN song.
    Not sure I ever replied to you regarding this. Before witnessing it live at riot fest, I was concerned with the megaphone vocals. But they were incredible live, you were right.

Not sure I ever told this story but my cousin works for the chicago park district and got us all into the VIP area. Free drinks, right against the rail on right side of stage. I've seen NIN many many times from fragility on, with teeth club shows, LITS, the wave goodbye shows, etc....the riot fest performance was their peak as a live band. They never sounded better. It was truly unreal. I almost shit when the background world started.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Damnit @kleiner352 and @EndlessLoveless . The way y'all are talking is making me start to get desperate to see an NIN show soon.
    I thought I was good, having seen Self Destruct/FTDS a couple of times and got some Fragility and then LITS. I felt like the TDS stuff was fucking incredible but LITS was actually better in a way.

All I can do is cross my fingers that they will play Denver: my brother and his family live there, it's only 5 hours away from this part of texas, and my mom and wife both really want to see NIN. This is pretty much the only trip I can justify without feeling guilty about the money and absence.

We could visit my brother and catch the show and it would all line up nicely. I'm crossing my fingers for some sort of Denver show.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-01-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Lo and behold, the great-great-grandparent of Less Than. You're welcome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Lo and behold, the great-great-grandparent of Less Than. You're welcome.

I appreciated your framing. Loved.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would love to see Trent and Atticus do a What’s In My Bag episode, I’m almost a little surprised they haven’t. It’s always interesting seeing the stuff artists choose and Trent is usually so great about discussing music he loves, they’d really be great guests for it.