Page 383 of 443 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,490 of 13261

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Now this is turly random.

In one of my many 'strange' dreams i was part of an 80s/90s movie wherein a bunch of teens are killed in a remote location by witches (stay with me).
    I escaped by flying away keeping low to the ground so as not to be noticed but everyone else was killed.
    Now in order to bring them back i had to figure out the truth of death, which is that the afterlife is a combination of 2 records you last listened to. Once i realized this i figured out i was the one who died, not the others, and was here to warn everyone. But not before the last record i listened to, Deviations, had come back to kill me. Seriously the record had half a head with empty white eyes and long, uneven teeth it used to constantly rip into me and anyone who got close...then i woke up.

...i look at my Deviations LP rather differently now.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The first and last words of Pretty Hate Machine

God money I'll do anything for you

and

Do something for me

always thought this was cool
    And even more so when you include the "Devil's flesh and bone" part.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    And even more so when you include the "Devil's flesh and bone" part.
    reading that made me feel a bit randy... meow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the new nin hasn't been as blatantly political as YZ.
    Maybe the third ep will be.
    I find myself feeling opposite to this. While I do agree that I'm also surprised it is not as politically-charged as I expected (especially since it alludes connections to Year Zero and the ARG), I am very thankful it is not.
    Last edited by pinata89; 08-29-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    I find myself feeling opposite to this. While I do agree that I'm also surprised it is not as politically-charged as I expected (especially since it alludes connections to Year Zero and the ARG), I am very thankful it is not.
    Same. YZ already gave us the head-on political stuff, and based near current era (with some things eventually becoming true or near-true). It could risk repetition, or going too close to ideas already explored.
    Last edited by blassster; 08-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I get the feeling that Aaron and Twiggy teased Alessandro when they all toured together.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Anyone here reading the little blurbs in the NIN discography?

I thought And All That Could Have Been has an interesting description and wonder what Trent means by "WORKING ON IT" when he brings up being out of print. Will we be getting a reissue?

Also Besides You In Time says "THE VIDEO PORTION EXISTS SOMEWHERE."
    Last edited by neorev; 08-29-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Re-watching Joe's Apartment after God knows how many years tonight, and whoah. Nice shirt.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I miss The Hole.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    The Q&A's from 2004 have him saying something similar to this: "i can't watch it at all. i was sick for most of that tour and i really don't think it was nine inch nails at it's best -- i was certainly not at MY best."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070514...1_04/index.php
    so it's not as much disowning as it's just being and artist and growing from some of your past aesthetic choices I guess

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I get the feeling that Aaron and Twiggy teased Alessandro when they all toured together.
    the bullies always get to the gay kids lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    so it's not as much disowning as it's just being and artist and growing from some of your past aesthetic choices I guess
    With all due respect, I don't think it has anything to do with aesthetic choices. He remembers what state of mind he was in and can probably remember or at least tell by watching himself what he felt like back then and how fucked up he was. It's just not enjoyable to see video footage of yourself from the worst period of your life. I wouldn't say disowning as much as not wanting to revisit the past and be reminded of that time in his life.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I am the bullet in the gun.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Random nin thought while stoned: has the word MONEY been used in a nine inch nails song since head like a hole? With all the call backs lately, I think he should get some on part 3.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    With all due respect, I don't think it has anything to do with aesthetic choices. He remembers what state of mind he was in and can probably remember or at least tell by watching himself what he felt like back then and how fucked up he was. It's just not enjoyable to see video footage of yourself from the worst period of your life. I wouldn't say disowning as much as not wanting to revisit the past and be reminded of that time in his life.
    well yes, also, but that we don't know for sure. we know, but do we *know*?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Random nin thought while stoned: has the word MONEY been used in a nine inch nails song since head like a hole? With all the call backs lately, I think he should get some on part 3.
    It has not! http://apocalyptech.com/ninlyrics/in...ms_restrict=on

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    An alleged Charlie Clouser responds to the making of Starfuckers (sounds/looks too legit to not be him)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...arfuckers_inc/
    Not enough 'nucca's

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not enough 'nucca's

If it's not him then he's going to great lengths to play the imposter. There's a lot of detail in there, some of which I had never read before, so it seems like something you could check on.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    If it's not him then he's going to great lengths to play the imposter. There's a lot of detail in there, some of which I had never read before, so it seems like something you could check on.
    Thanks, I already did and was making a joke about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    NIN T-Shirt spotted during WWE.com photo shoot in New York City's Chinatown @ 0:37 seconds.

I do love me some Bliss, but it would've been major cooler if it was Nikki Cross.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I do love me some Bliss, but it would've been major cooler if it was Nikki Cross.
    I have the biggest crush on Alexa Bliss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    She's definitely on my Fave 5

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Ditto!
    This makes me love her even more!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Who doesn't love Alexa Bliss? She is so cool.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Sometimes I like to pretend Lenny Kravitz is doing backup vocals after the guitar solo in "The Wretched".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The very ending of Right Where it Belongs always makes me want to tear up… those piano notes. Feels like Trent was finally free after all the shit through Broken, TDS, Fragile

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Trent, Closure turns 20 this year, so i have a very simple request: why the fuck don't you throw into fucking pirate bay the fucking complete further down the spiral show that never saw the fucking light? we know you still fucking have it since you added some mr self destruct footage to the fucking closure apendage...thanks!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So, I made an interesting discovery today. The "DJ Edit" of Wish on Demos & Remixes is not the "No Bad Words Mix" which is the US radio edit. Rather, it is the "Radio Edit" which is longer, censored differently, and exclusive to UK promo vinyl.

That means tracks 10-12 on Demos & Remixes are all UK exclusive. As such, it's not unreasonable to hypothesize that the compiler of the bootleg lives in the U.K. Following that train of thought, I think it's possible that the leaked demos from tracks 1-5 came from the London sessions at Blackwing Studios with John Fryer, from someone who had access to them there.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was looking over my TDS Definitive Edition today, and it made me realize something that made me feel really dumb.

For the longest time, I thought that the text on the outer sleeve of TDS (I have the BMG edition) was purple. A very dark purple. I thought it was an interesting touch, and a complement to the blue text in the booklet - two colors that you might not expect to be associated with an album like TDS.

But now that I'm looking at the DE, I realized that it's always been just...brown. Something about the way the original is printed made it look purplish to me and I just accepted that, until today. Weird.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I was looking over my TDS Definitive Edition today, and it made me realize something that made me feel really dumb.

For the longest time, I thought that the text on the outer sleeve of TDS (I have the BMG edition) was purple. A very dark purple. I thought it was an interesting touch, and a complement to the blue text in the booklet - two colors that you might not expect to be associated with an album like TDS.

But now that I'm looking at the DE, I realized that it's always been just...brown. Something about the way the original is printed made it look purplish to me and I just accepted that, until today. Weird.
    There actually is a variant with purple text (if I remember correctly) that is the Dutch version of TDS on vinyl.