Page 375 of 528 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,250 of 15835

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The synth throughout Burning Bright Live is fucking amazing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Sunspots isn't the best song on With Teeth. We just really want to hear it.

Demon Seed is the best upbeat song on The Slip. Songs kicks all kinds of ass. Lights in the Sky is great too, but it's hard to compare the two. 1,000,000...Echoplex...Discipline...zzzz. Not bad songs, just zzz.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    With NIN in NYC this week, would have been nice if Trent did a sit down interview with Howard Stern. Stern is a huge fan and is a lot better at musician interviews than he used to be. He just had Liam Gallagher on yesterday who did a great interview...90 mins with Howard and Trent would have sufficed

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    With NIN in NYC this week, would have been nice if Trent did a sit down interview with Howard Stern. Stern is a huge fan and is a lot better at musician interviews than he used to be. He just had Liam Gallagher on yesterday who did a great interview...90 mins with Howard and Trent would have sufficed
    Yeah but on the downside you'd have to listen to fucking Howard Stern for 90 minutes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm guessing any hope of that ended when Stern made fun of Trent for mourning the loss of his grandmother and then proceeded to make fun of his past drug use, his new look, etc.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yeah but on the downside you'd have to listen to fucking Howard Stern for 90 minutes
    still better than 20 minutes with zane lowe

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    still better than 20 minutes with zane lowe
    At least Zane Lowe isn't a misogynistic, transphobic, puerile manchild. He's just really irritating

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    At least Zane Lowe isn't a misogynistic, transphobic, puerile manchild. He's just really irritating
    Stern also ISN'T what @Helpmeiaminhell said he is anymore. He's a greedy, rich, spoiled, neurotic & out of touch feeble old man. He has no connection to his audience or regular people anymore. He barely works, discusses topics at length that his target audience doesnt care about (gay humor with two of his staff, The Bachelor, Hamptons cocktail parties, his wife's innane charity work) & then does these supposedly great long form interviews with celebs where he "gets in really deep" with them. It's total bullshit and not accurate anymore, but they promote that image as if it's still reality. Nevermind interviewing a true musician like Trent. It would go terribly, and Trent has no need for Howard. Fuck that piece of shit. He has a great staff though...lot of good ,people work on that show..Gary especially. In fact one of the kids I mentor just got hired there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I'm guessing any hope of that ended when Stern made fun of Trent for mourning the loss of his grandmother and then proceeded to make fun of his past drug use, his new look, etc.
    When (approximately) did this happen? Would it have been circa '05/WT tour (i.e., when TR took the stage with short hair, all bulked up)? I've been listening to Stern on Sirius religiously since 1/06 and I've only heard praise for TR and NIN. In fact, I've always wondered if TR had been a guest and whether he might in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Stern also ISN'T what @Helpmeiaminhell said he is anymore. He's a greedy, rich, spoiled, neurotic & out of touch feeble old man. He has no connection to his audience or regular people anymore. He barely works, discusses topics at length that his target audience doesnt care about (gay humor with two of his staff, The Bachelor, Hamptons cocktail parties, his wife's innane charity work) & then does these supposedly great long form interviews with celebs where he "gets in really deep" with them. It's total bullshit and not accurate anymore, but they promote that image as if it's still reality. Nevermind interviewing a true musician like Trent. It would go terribly, and Trent has no need for Howard. Fuck that piece of shit. He has a great staff though...lot of good ,people work on that show..Gary especially. In fact one of the kids I mentor just got hired there.
    Won't debate that Stern has his flaws, but I actually think that he could do a good job with TR.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    NIN fan groups on Facebook have made me appreciate this place MUCH more.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I have gone out of my way to avoid those things because I cannot imagine any of them being anything other than nightmares

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I also had this in mind for quite some time. I'm now glad to see that it actually exists. I have also seen the Nine Inch Nails logo on the regular Nintendo logo a couple of times. This one from DeviantArt is one of my favorites.

http://tearatone.deviantart.com/art/...tendo-15931287

@elevenism @NIN64 - I thought that the both of you would've liked to see this too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trent should give us his David Bowie and Todd Rundgren remixes in 24 bit hi-res WAV for the shitshow that is Sandbag

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I also had this in mind for quite some time. I'm now glad to see that it actually exists. I have also seen the Nine Inch Nails logo on the regular Nintendo logo a couple of times. This one from DeviantArt is one of my favorites.

http://tearatone.deviantart.com/art/...tendo-15931287

@elevenism @NIN64 - I thought that the both of you would've liked to see this too.
    I love this!!
    Last edited by NIN64; 08-01-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: I’m drunk...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I want this to be my avatar like right now!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was listening to the audio capture of the Panorama show today and some of the songs sounded sped-up to me. it was weird. but i checked them against their studio versions and i was wrong.

also, the live version of the farewell mix of "i can't give everything away" is immensely powerful. i cried my eyes out in the car when bowie's voice came in with trent's. so beautiful.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That Bowie cover and the way that the audience behaved was just magical. A lot of people around me were softly singing and doing their best not to tear others away from the moment. I'm convinced Trent was thinking of David again during Hurt, and it was one of the best performances of the song that I have ever heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I was banned from one just for politely pointing out that a photo an admin labeled "Self Destruct tour" was actually a Fragility era tour photo. There was no question about it. Their response was something like "WE DON"T NEED YOUR NEGATIVITY HERE!!111!!!" and then I was banned before I could even reply.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So according to what Trent said in the radio interviews, he'll now be back in the studio focusing on the third EP. He'll finish out the next two shows september/october and I'm guessing he'll set his sights on the album release and subsequent touring for next year. Should be an exciting next few months!
    Last edited by streetman; 08-02-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wish they would play My Violent Heart. It's my favorite Year Zero song. Has it been played before?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    That Bowie cover and the way that the audience behaved was just magical. A lot of people around me were softly singing and doing their best not to tear others away from the moment. I'm convinced Trent was thinking of David again during Hurt, and it was one of the best performances of the song that I have ever heard.
    On the stream, Trent was visibly smiling during the Bowie cover and the camera had a panned out shot often to show the lights that looked almost like a nod to Heaven itself. The whole stream was amazing because it was clear Trent teamed up with the producers (on stage camera, no watermark) to put his vision out there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seriously, where is "The Idea of You" in concert??

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Seriously, where is "The Idea of You" in concert??
    It's right there, in 2018.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Wish they would play My Violent Heart. It's my favorite Year Zero song. Has it been played before?
    Nope. But it took them like 15 years to ever play Last live, so you never know.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I also wish that they would play The Frail into The Wretched into The Fragile live so we can hear that piano motif return in The Fragile's bridge guitar solo. They really do feel like a trilogy in a way and without The Fragile it feels incomplete.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    At a couple of shows in Europe 2007 they played all three tracks, then a few times again in 2009. ONLY ONCE have all three been played back-to-back-to-back, however: at NIN's only show (so far) in Singapore.

Fairly good bar trivia question, that.
    Last edited by botley; 08-02-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trent really needs to have a shirt that says T.R. on it like in the Meathead comics.

Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-02-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I also wish that they would play The Frail into The Wretched into The Fragile live so we can hear that piano motif return in The Fragile's bridge guitar solo. They really do feel like a trilogy in a way and without The Fragile it feels incomplete.

If every show they ever did for the rest of time had this, I would be completely okay with that. Even better if it was March of the Pigs>Piggy>The Frail>The Wretched>The Fragile. That should be a staple to the NIN live show. Shuffle up everything else but make that the core of the show after the first two or three songs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think it would be sick if all 3 EP's made a coherent album when mixed together as well as songs from With Teeth/Year Zero/Hesitation Marks being mixed in to make the Bleedthrough concept be a really epic thing.