Page 36 of 528 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TDR tends to get credited over Rob: http://stainslikeblood.com/2006.htm

But I think you might be right, I think he mentioned it ages ago how it was TDR imagery that he put into posters. sorry rob.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Man, I loved Capital G. The vocal delivery really helped distinguish it from the rest of YZ.
    Haha, I always thought of a rabbit bouncing up and down with the way he sang it.

I PUSH DA BUTTON...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Rob posted the tour posters from 2006 on his tumblr and commented 'I made every single one of these, and it took forever.'

rip the designer's republic, gone and forgotten. sure he didn't do it on purpose though, he's a cool dude:
    http://j-dazeley0912-dc.blogspot.co....-republic.html
    Good to see another person round here who loved Designer's Republic!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Haha, I always thought of a rabbit bouncing up and down with the way he sang it.

I PUSH DA BUTTON...
    not that i ever listen to that song, but now i will never be able to even think of it without seeing this disturbingly-proportioned rabbit...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    Good to see another person round here who loved Designer's Republic!
    TDR are still "around" aren't they? They just did the new Autechre album

(god I hope the archival things keep coming)
    Last edited by butter_hole; 03-11-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    Damnit, am I the only person round here who likes Capital G?
    No, not the only one. A lot of people that didn't like it are fairly vocal about not liking it and the people that do like it don't seem to say much.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm absolutely loving all the throw-backs we're getting from Trent & Co. lately.
    Agreed. It's getting me in the mood to dig out old CD's, mixes, videos and performances. For example, I woke up at like 5am this morning, couldn't sleep and found myself watching the entire NIN performance at Woodstock 94 on YouTube via my cellphone. Haven't watched that mess in years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    TDR are still "around" aren't they? They just did the new Autechre album

(god I hope the archival things keep coming)
    It'd weird, because they officially closed down in 2009, but they have apparently designed some Warp Records releases since then, so I dunno what's up with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as I'm aware, TDR as a physical entity no longer exists, it's Ian Anderson and people he occasionally works with.

They did a 'car boot sale' thing recently which was a mixture of installation and store, selling off all their old prints/t-shirts and crap, so they are getting rid of stuff. I asked Ian about it but in typical sheffield fashion he wouldn't tell me anything concrete. Nice bloke, though.

Had a few copies of Sin on vinyl there too, looked brand new and all as they were framed immediately I think.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    listened to TDS on head phones front to back last night for the first time in years. still sounds as good as it did way back when.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    As far as I'm aware, TDR as a physical entity no longer exists, it's Ian Anderson and people he occasionally works with.
    Pretty much this. TDR, the agency, closed in 2009. Ian still does work under the DR name.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    A post in the NIN Questions topic reminded me about Trent's freak-outs. The With Teeth tour was a total goldmine for those. I love reading about them, even though he acted pretty shitty to his stagehands a lot.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Listening to some Year Zero today. Vessel should have been the first single. Anybody feeling me on that? Fucking love that song.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tonight, I was listening to The Great Destroyer for the 50th time or so - but for the first time on iPhone speakers. I'm alone, in the dark, every note is going exactly as I remember, on the same MP3 file I've been using for years, when suddenly RED HORSE VECTOR.

I admit to not following the YZ ARG when it was around, and I admit to freaking the fuck out when I heard the spoken bit for the first time ever.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    That feeling when a band called Ghost releases a song called Year Zero.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Decided that my favourite part about Trent's new arrangement system is that Just Like You Imagined is almost guaranteed to be a set staple.. it fits perfectly with what I imagine he'll be going for in terms of sound, and of course, Adrian Belew played an important part in the songs creation to begin with..

Well, this is what I hope happens, at least..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Your favourite thing about something you have no way of knowing about is that a song might be played?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Your favourite thing about something you have no way of knowing about is that a song might be played?
    Dude, we're NIN fans, don't act surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I think important part may be a slight exaggeration. He didn't receive writing credit or anything, and Lohner played too.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The best thing about the new arrangement is going to be all the trained lions Trent's going to use during the act.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think people are recognising the fact that I fucking love that song and I'm building up false hope for myself.. I shouldn't but I momentarily got excited.. I had just watched the live version with Mike Garson and got creamed with excitement..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The best thing about the new arrangement is going to be all the trained lions Trent's going to use during the act.
    Yes, and they'll rework March of the Pigs to be extremely literal.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm just listening to Ghosts I-IV for the first time in a while and I just love how chill this album can get.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Tonight, I was listening to The Great Destroyer for the 50th time or so - but for the first time on iPhone speakers. I'm alone, in the dark, every note is going exactly as I remember, on the same MP3 file I've been using for years, when suddenly RED HORSE VECTOR.

I admit to not following the YZ ARG when it was around, and I admit to freaking the fuck out when I heard the spoken bit for the first time ever.
    I remember reading somewhere (old ETS maybe?) about this effect and how you can recreate it. I'm currently experimenting with a lot of audio stuff and I'd love to get my hands on those pointers. I don't even know the name of the effect.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'm just listening to Ghosts I-IV for the first time in a while and I just love how chill this album can get.
    That was me on Saturday night. I'd not long come back in after a night out but I was restless and needed to wind down so stuck that on and went about my photo editing. It was real nice.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It has occurred to me that some parts of 34 - Ghosts IV could probably be mashed up well with Radiohead's Karma Police or Aphex Twin's At the Heart of It All.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    They share a kinda similar pace and brooding atmosphere.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (old ETS maybe?) about this effect and how you can recreate it. I'm currently experimenting with a lot of audio stuff and I'd love to get my hands on those pointers. I don't even know the name of the effect.
    Phase inversion?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    That was me on Saturday night. I'd not long come back in after a night out but I was restless and needed to wind down so stuck that on and went about my photo editing. It was real nice.

I love doing photo editing with Ghosts playing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I love doing photo editing with Ghosts playing.
    Hi five.

I was at my regular 9-5, Mon-Fri desk job today and I had a shit load of work to do so I took myself to a quite part of the office and played Ghosts, TGWTDT and Welcome Oblivion_ simply perfect. I had an English teacher in high school who would encourage us to read/study whist listening to classical music, I have the attention span of about fuck all so I developed a habit of working with music playing in the background (mostly instrumentals) and I find it most helpful/soothing, it helps me focus.
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 03-19-2013 at 06:46 PM.