Page 362 of 528 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 462 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,860 of 15835

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I thought it was obvious that Ruiner ruined NIN.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I thought it was obvious that Ruiner ruined NIN.
    It infected NIN too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Everything apparently ruins NIN
    It definitely did, according to a lot of folks circa summer 2013

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    It definitely did, according to a lot of folks circa summer 2013
    *ba dum tss*

Nice one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvpNoxFcDq/?hl=en

I like to believe that this is Alessandro's live rig for the upcoming dates.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Making fun of yourself as a rock icon from the 90s for doing an album with Timbaland has nothing to do with Cornell, of course. Except for the fact that Cornell was the only rock icon from the 90s who did an album with Timbaland. Which T-Rez heard. And publicly trashed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again, ive just listened to Beside You In Time, Trent is totally yelling "START THE SONG!!!" at the beginning of Burn & Witha Teetha.

Of course he is, TR is sick of listening to the loops and wants to RAWK.

Come on guys, wut else could it be?
    He says "three, four." He's counting the band in.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    interview with TR claiming the record label wanted him to record with Timbaland or have Timbaland remix some of his songs during the With Teeth era. He even says how he let Timbaland remix "Hand That Feeds' and that it was a piece of shit. I think the Timbaland dig on Strobe Light had more to do with that than Cornell actually

http://pitchfork.com/news/35745-rezn...mbaland-remix/
    I DO remember that and I think that makes more sense.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    He says "three, four." He's counting the band in.
    I think that's pretty easy to hear, hence my comment that it's probably an inside joke.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    DID THEY JUST SAY LA MER COULD BE "TRIMMED"?! FUCKING MUPPETS!

...sorry, lost myself for a second, yeah that is a very...strange article.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Wish I hadn't read that.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    “PLEASE”
    It sounds like one of the most straightforward songs on the record, but look a little closer and there’s a great deal of detail in this seemingly simple song. The themes of an internal void, of insatiability, of want or desire unfulfilled are reaffirmed here. If you can, get your hands on “Please + Appendage,” which appears in the special edition and originally appeared on the vinyl pressing of the album, and gives the song a little more room to breathe.

WRONG!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Not only wrong but also fucking strange. How does Appendage give "the song a little more room to breathe"? Appendage melts your fucking ears off. In a good way, but still.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I think we can all agree whoever wrote that was a fucking spanner! That wasn't "trimming the fat", it was just taking off songs, from a nearly 20 year old record, just because he personally didn't like them. What's next, trimming the fat from Pink Floyd's the Wall because he didn't like the weird interludes and some of the non radio friendly songs?! Trimming the Led Zeppelin catalog to make one complete hour of songs he personally thinks are the only good ones!? Smashing the Big Four together and discarding most of the tracks as they're all "too heavy for him"!?!

...i may have ranted a bit there.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    What's next, trimming the fat from Pink Floyd's the Wall?
    Take it easy. It seems to be MO of this particular website - cutting big pieces of work down just for fun. Of course this will generate traffic with all the angry fanbase reposts. Right at the bottom of the article is a link to a similar one, where they trim Pumpkins' MCIS, for example.

It's also funny how a half of your forum posts are rants, immediately followed by apologies.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's also funny how a half of your forum posts are rants, immediately followed by apologies.
    You're not the first person to bring this up, apparently i do it in person as well

You are right though, it is the point of some of their pieces. I just find that a bit lazy to be honest, but each to their own.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, we're halfway through the year and no word on the two upcoming projects. I'd say we're off to a great start tbh

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    So, we're halfway through the year and no word on the two upcoming projects. I'd say we're off to a great start tbh
    Dude, it's Nine Inch Nails. That's kinda how it works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope Closer To God is performed on any future dates, even if it's a one off.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    To be fair, we got to December of last year increasingly concinced all we'd get was a new single and then NTAE happened. I'm at a point where I'm not going to worry until it's New Year's Eve.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    DID THEY JUST SAY LA MER COULD BE "TRIMMED"?! FUCKING MUPPETS!

...sorry, lost myself for a second, yeah that is a very...strange article.

I pretty much agree here with the exception of La Mer and JLYI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Just means the last half of the year should be a good time...or at least the last two weeks of the year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    The Mellon Collie one they did infuriates me even more. Cut some amazing tracks.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I agree with this Mike Rancid guy, as great as the Fragile truly is, Trent made some poor judgement calls on his sequencing and which tracks were included. A much better version would be:

1. Somewhat Damaged
    2. The Day The World Went Away
    3. The Frail
    4. The Wretched
    5. Missing Places
    6. We're In This Together
    7. The Fragile
    8. Just Like You Imagined
    9. The March
    10. Deep
    11. Even Deeper
    12. Pilgrimage
    13. One Way To Get There
    14. No, You Don't
    15. Taken
    16. La Mer
    17. The Great Below

18. Not What It Seems Like
    19. White Mask
    20. The New Flesh
    21. The Way Out Is Through
    22. Into The Void
    23. Where Is Everybody?
    24. The Mark Has Been Made
    25. Was It Worth It?
    26. Please
    27. +Appendage
    28. Can I Stay Here?
    29. 10 Miles High
    30. Feeders
    31. Starfuckers, Inc.
    32. Complication
    33. Claustrophobia Machine (Raw)
    34. Last Heard From
    35. I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally
    36. The Big Come Down
    37. Underneath It All
    38. Ripe (With Decay)
    39. And All That Could Have Been
    --. The Perfect Drug (Hidden Track)

After almost five years of waiting, this tracklisting would have made much more sense to me..

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As much as I love The Perfect Drug, I don't think it would fit on The Fragile. It would stand out as an anomaly, especially if it were just tacked on at the end. Ripe (with Decay) is the perfect way to end that album. I do think that And All That Could Have Been would feel at home on The Fragile, but I don't think I'd place it there, after Ripe for the same reason (perhaps before it?). As for Deep, it's a decent song, but it's nowhere near the caliber of quality of most of the songs on The Fragile and I don't feel that it belongs there either. That being said, I would definitely give the rest of your customized version a spin!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-03-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I honestly never really dug Ripe (With Decay). It's alright, but probably the weakest closing track for an NIN album in my book.

And All The Could Have Been would definitely be my choice as a closer. Such an amazing track, up their with the best Fragile tracks. If it's not the last track, then it would be second to last with Underneath It All as the closer.

I think it's a perfect ending, quite a sad ending too, especially when you look at it lyrically with the rest of the album. The album is called The Fragile. There's lots of "we're in this together" and "I won't let you fall apart" type lyrics within the album. Chasing a love, a fix, a cure. Only then to realize in the end that he is tainted, he is not complete, and realizes he can't be with the one he's been chasing and yearning for this whole time. A moment of beauty and sharing love only to be shattered with the inability to deal with one's inner demons. Hence being fragile. Something that feels so beautiful in the moment, but easily breakable. Ending with And All That Could Have Been would have been perfect. Like this whole album was a thought or a wish. Things could have been beautiful, but in the end they are falling apart. Love is fragile, life is fragile, being/existence is fragile. That song is like looking at the past and thinking "oh how amazing it could have all been." And if you're unhappy with yourself, you will never feel complete. Your personal demons will continue to erode the one you love if you can't fix yourself from being fragile.

Or I'm looking way too much into this.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-03-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    These people =

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I just found out that Craig Ferguson has a podcast, then I found out that he recently had Bill Burr on (two of my absolute favorite comedians, listening to it )
    That exact thing happened to me today. It showed up on my youtube recommendations. I love Burr!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I honestly never really dug Ripe (With Decay). It's alright, but probably the weakest closing track for an NIN album in my book.

And All The Could Have Been would definitely be my choice as a closer. Such an amazing track, up their with the best Fragile tracks. If it's not the last track, then it would be second to last with Underneath It All as the closer.

I think it's a perfect ending, quite a sad ending too, especially when you look at it lyrically with the rest of the album. The album is called The Fragile. There's lots of "we're in this together" and "I won't let you fall apart" type lyrics within the album. Chasing a love, a fix, a cure. Only then to realize in the end that he is tainted, he is not complete, and realizes he can't be with the one he's been chasing and yearning for this whole time. A moment of beauty and sharing love only to be shattered with the inability to deal with one's inner demons. Hence being fragile. Something that feels so beautiful in the moment, but easily breakable. Ending with And All That Could Have Been would have been perfect. Like this whole album was a thought or a wish. Things could have been beautiful, but in the end they are falling apart. Love is fragile, life is fragile, being/existence is fragile. That song is like looking at the past and thinking "oh how amazing it could have all been." And if you're unhappy with yourself, you will never feel complete. Your personal demons will continue to erode the one you love if you can't fix yourself from being fragile.

Or I'm looking way too much into this.
    And it musically contains a reprise of a motif from The Great Below, tying the ends of both discs together.

I think it was either unfinished or simply too perfect/rounded-out for how The Fragile needed to feel. I don't think we are supposed to feel like TF is in any way a complete thought or a story with a beginning, middle and end. It's supposed to be fragments and hanging disconnects, incomplete, multiple roads to nowhere that sometimes intersect. You're not supposed to find anything – you're supposed to stay lost.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if Reznor's credit in the Twin Peaks cast will be a performance in the Bang Bang Bar that closes the episodes. Most musicians in the cast-list appear to be playing themselves at those shows. But then again, he may have a cameo. Lynch is writing in alot of one-scene stuff for a variety of well-cast players. ...I also expect one of those releases before these June/July festival shows.