Page 321 of 528 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,630 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd love the new NIN to feel more analog again. On Hesitation Marks analog synthesizers were used, yet the album had quite a digital and clean sound.

Nothing against that, I enjoyed it very much. But I think it would be a nice change to have new material sound more raw again. Not in the meaning that it should be recorded and released straight away, I almost always prefer elaborate albums with many thought put into. More a sonical kind of raw. If that makes any sense...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    i'm afraid it won't happen. if it would happen we would know it from other musicians who should be involved.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'd like to take this moment to offer an apology for my abhorrent Kanye West suicide post the other day and the legion of ets users I offended (sarah k and roswell most likely) If you people (sarah and roswell most likely) thought I was seriously encouraging suicide? dear god I can only imagine what you thought of the time Trent told an entire blog to kill themselves by offering "cutting tips" to his haters. Shocked you still listened to his records after he encouraged suicide to thousands of people. Regardless, I dont want Kanye to kill himself. Hes a wonderful person. I dont encourage suicide too anyone. Like curtis armstrong said in Better Off Dead to John Cusack. "suicide is never the answer little trooper"...Like the president elect Trump says. I hope we can move past this divisiveness. I am sorry to anyone I offended. I will never badmouth the great Kanye West ever again on these boards

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No one bite!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fuck Maynard and his wine.

I want Trent to collaborate with Steven Wilson.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post

I'd rather it be Steve Winwood

Higher Love Is Not Enough

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Totally agree with the Maynard comment. As a longtime Tool fan, I'd rather they just release an instrumental album at this point.

And as much as I love Steven Wilson and especially Porcupine Tree, I don't know how well that collaboration would turn out...would be interesting, at least!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'd rather it be Steve Winwood

Higher Love Is Not Enough
    Dennis Reynolds approves of this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I always tend to tear up on that last screaming "Could have been" in AATCHAB

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Goddammit The Downward Spiral is a fucking masterpiece

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    It's 2016 and people keep spelling it "Justin Meldal-Johnson". I'm sure he's used to it at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    It's 2016 and people keep spelling it "Justin Meldal-Johnson". I'm sure he's used to it at this point.
    He and his tiny symbols really need to return

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Totally agree with the Maynard comment. As a longtime Tool fan, I'd rather they just release an instrumental album at this point.
    Cause Maynards the one holding them up....

I caught the Austin City Limits show on tv the other day. With no tension release im glad i have a decent quality video of those songs with that lineup. Never saw it before and thankful they did the While im still here/black noise combo. Fucking amazing. My only gripe is Pino couldve been a little louder in the mix.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I really want a studio version of the reworked version of Sanctified with the Sunspots outro.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Eat your heart out, Steve.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I really want a studio version of the reworked version of Sanctified with the Sunspots outro.
    i mean, the rehearsal version is basically that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I want a tension tour multicam about the missing songs

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, the rehearsal version is basically that.
    Not really though. The Sunspots outro isn't on the rehearsal and didn't appear until later in the tour.

Still, it's available in soundboard quality from Austin City Limits and the Staples Center show. Isn't that good enough?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Not really though. The Sunspots outro isn't on the rehearsal and didn't appear until later in the tour.

Still, it's available in soundboard quality from Austin City Limits and the Staples Center show. Isn't that good enough?
    speaking of the ACL show...i've been having trouble finding audio of that...could anyone point me in the right direction?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    speaking of the ACL show...i've been having trouble finding audio of that...could anyone point me in the right direction?
    Did you try google ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57uWeh_s9dc

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Did you try google ?
    not the best quality... 240p

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am also looking for the best audio source from ACL and the Tension preview from Youtube. If anyone feels like helping me out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Did you try google ?
    ok, first of all, i asked for AUDIO of the show, not video.
    secondly, i know english is not your first language, but do you ALWAYS HAVE TO ACT LIKE SUCH A DOUCHEBAG? jesus christ, dude. your attitude is so exhausting. i'm not an idiot, of course i tried google, but since torrent trackers keep getting shut down, it's been extremely hard to find things like this, and i thought someone might be KIND and HELPFUL instead of RUDE.

anyway...

for anyone who missed out on the lost highway soundtrack on vinyl, it's up for pre-order on the nin site.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 12-01-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    speaking of the ACL show...
    Because of all the great work done by various NIN fans I just assumed you'd be able to get high quality audio from the original broadcast. Considering the full stream is no longer available I guess there is still a rights issue - does anybody know about such things? I'd imagine that Trent would keep some control over what happens to that film beyond the initial release. Anyway... I see that some individual songs are on YT in higher quality than the full-length version previously mentioned. Also there are video clips via the ACL website. I know you're after audio, but these days it's not too difficult to work out a way around that.

Listening back to these has lead me back to the official streaming Tension video. It's not bad, is it? Of course it won't match the DVD/BD we were hoping for, but it's a lot better than nothing. I'm still hopeful that we'll see more from the Vienna recording one day - even if it's limited to streaming or download. Does any other artist have such a stockpile of unreleased pro-shot footage? I wonder.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    ok, first of all, i asked for AUDIO of the show, not video.
    secondly, i know english is not your first language, but do you ALWAYS HAVE TO ACT LIKE SUCH A DOUCHEBAG? jesus christ, dude. your attitude is so exhausting. i'm not an idiot, of course i tried google, but since torrent trackers keep getting shut down, it's been extremely hard to find things like this, and i thought someone might be KIND and HELPFUL instead of RUDE.

anyway...

for anyone who missed out on the lost highway soundtrack on vinyl, it's up for pre-order on the nin site.
    Focus, noob, you are the one that don't know you can rip audio directly from youtube (for god sake you can do that in a click from your phone). If you cannot handle answers stop asking.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    not the best quality... 240p
    Yeah i didn't even played it. Point was it is widely available.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Focus, noob, you are the one that don't know you can rip audio directly from youtube (for god sake you can do that in a click from your phone). If you cannot handle answers stop asking.
    Yeah, because a rip of a YouTube video of the entire show will have the songs broken down into separate files, with proper tagging, etc.

I'll see what I have on my PC when I get home, I don't have the audio from the show on my phone but if it was made available when the video files were out I probably grabbed it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Austin City Limits is on Rutracker as a .ts file (it's 4.42 GB)
    You'll have to to make an account though (it's in Russian but it's not that hard to figure out and it's a decent site anyway)
    Also, seems to be 6 channels but lossy. I think there are ways to split AC-3 without reencoding.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 12-01-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)