Page 285 of 521 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,550 of 15617

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #8521
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I hope Aaron is still okay.

  2. #8522
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Santa Mira, CA
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trent's vocal adlibs during performances are the best, especially when he uses the echo effect.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-25-2016 at 09:39 PM.

  3. #8523
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,107
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Trent's vocal adlibs during performances are the best, especially when he uses the echo effect.
    the closer I get
    the worse it become comes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #8524
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    5,097
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Trent's vocal adlibs during performances are the best, especially when he uses the echo effect.
    HEY! (10 characters)

  5. #8525
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Caught myself 'singing' the thwok-thwok song from Quake in the kitchen today (you know, Track 6, Life). There might be a parallel universe out there in which it was a #1 pop single.
    A thwok-thwok reminds me of something Dr Seuss would create...

  6. #8526
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Dont drag me into this.
    Have I mentioned how much I love your short ass lately?

  7. #8527
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Trent won't think of releasing anything until all this Youtube/royalties thing is worked out.

  8. #8528
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm just watching through the Beside You In Time blu ray and it's laughable how the vocals you hear don't match the video on The Line Begins To Blur. I've never noticed it before
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 06-28-2016 at 01:39 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the song title

  9. #8529
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,504
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Eat your heart out, Steve.

  10. #8530
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Eat your heart out, Steve.
    "fuck you, steve"



    man, there are a lot of hilarious word combinations in that screenshot.

  11. #8531
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Santa Mira, CA
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "fuck you, steve"



    man, there are a lot of hilarious word combinations in that screenshot.
    I'm a fan of Pissambience.

  12. #8532
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    DO Y'ALL REMEMBER WHEN TRENT TWITTED THAT THERE WAS GOING TO BE MORE NINE INCH NAILS IN 2016 (+other stuff)???? LIKE WHERE THE FUCK IS MY NEW MUSIC/TOUR/T-SHIRTS??? WHAT THE FUCK TRENT U CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT </3

  13. #8533
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    DO Y'ALL REMEMBER WHEN TRENT TWITTED THAT THERE WAS GOING TO BE MORE NINE INCH NAILS IN 2016 (+other stuff)???? LIKE WHERE THE FUCK IS MY NEW MUSIC/TOUR/T-SHIRTS??? WHAT THE FUCK TRENT U CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT </3
    "But then again, that might have been a dream."

  14. #8534
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    DO Y'ALL REMEMBER WHEN TRENT TWITTED THAT THERE WAS GOING TO BE MORE NINE INCH NAILS IN 2016 (+other stuff)???? LIKE WHERE THE FUCK IS MY NEW MUSIC/TOUR/T-SHIRTS??? WHAT THE FUCK TRENT U CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT </3
    [whispered] I wish I could turn back time, impossible as it may seem. But I wish I could so bad. Quit playing games with my heart.

  15. #8535
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Santa Mira, CA
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    DO Y'ALL REMEMBER WHEN TRENT TWITTED THAT THERE WAS GOING TO BE MORE NINE INCH NAILS IN 2016 (+other stuff)???? LIKE WHERE THE FUCK IS MY NEW MUSIC/TOUR/T-SHIRTS??? WHAT THE FUCK TRENT U CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT </3
    It's only June 2016. If we don't get any peep by Thanksgiving or Christmas then we can worry.

  16. #8536
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,107
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    July is Friday. Let's just say it's mid year and not one drop of new nin has fallen. Pure fucking torture.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #8537
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    July is Friday. Let's just say it's mid year and not one drop of new nin has fallen. Pure fucking torture.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have to keep thinking that somewhere in the world there is a whiteboard with various different track listing variations for a new NIN record just waiting to be finalised, pressed and released. And that all the promotion is almost ready to go.
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-29-2016 at 09:15 AM.

  18. #8538
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,107
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    We have to keep thinking that somewhere in the world there is a whiteboard with various different track listing variations for a new NIN record just waiting to be finalised, pressed and released. And that all the promotion is almost ready to go.
    I want to believe


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #8539
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,368
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    With this random reveal of a new Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross song on iTunes, I have a feeling we're starting to get a little closer to more news coming from the NIN camp on stuff coming out this year.

  20. #8540
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    With this random reveal of a new Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross song on iTunes, I have a feeling we're starting to get a little closer to more news coming from the NIN camp on stuff coming out this year.
    WHAT?? What new song? I can't find shit on my itunes

  21. #8541
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    With this random reveal of a new Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross song on iTunes, I have a feeling we're starting to get a little closer to more news coming from the NIN camp on stuff coming out this year.
    Just saw that in the other subforum. Well, that covers "other stuff". Half way through the year and half of the tweet confirmed.

  22. #8542
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    It's becoming more and more apparent that Trent's good music mojo is fully sapped. Interestingly enough, we may live to the days when Trent's children grow up and possibly create new ground-breaking music.

  23. #8543
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Interestingly enough, we may live to the days when Trent's children grow up and possibly create new ground-breaking music.
    Or they may forever live in His Shadow. The Prince of Darkness. The Goth King of Industrial Pop. With His Crown of Shit and His Arms a Flip-Floppin'.

  24. #8544
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,879
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit this is by FAR my favorite cover of any nine inch nails song in history and it's a fucking cover of Closer. If you've ever heard of bourbon crow (it's Wednesday 13s campy outlaw country side project) this is the other guy, Rayen. Holy shit guys this is so fucking good.

    https://soundcloud.com/rayen-belcher...acoustic-cover

  25. #8545
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    All right, this new song penned by Trent and Atticuss is what I've actually been waiting for. Sure, it's just the first step, but what an instrumental masterpiece it is? No doubt [that] by the end of the year we will get some high quality tracks with vocals too. But back to this song, Juno. Every note is where it's supposed to be, it completely wraps the listeners' ears around the feeling of exploration. Of something new. Your first steps as a baby, your first school day, your first crush, your first bike, and for some, your journey to Mars, when the day comes. Isn't it amazing how such a seemingly, on the surface simple song can fulfill you, me, us with such... feelings! Don't want to say emotions, because it's nothing I've ever experienced before. It's just... I'm sorry for being so all over the place, I'm actually in tears, wow. Gee, I feel silly but Trent did it again... It was worth the wait guys, and personally, I am content for at least till December.






























































































    DID I SERIOUSLY WAITED FOR SO LONG FOR THIS PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT YOU OUTDID 38 TIMES ON AN ALBUM WHICH WAS RECORDED ON THE SPOT, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING WITH ME THAT YOU ARE DOING THESE AMBIENT SHIT NOW, AND THE WORST OF IT YOU CUNTFACE REFUSE TO RELEASE TENSION FOR SOME GODFUCKINGKNOWS REASON, JESUS FUCK MAN, AT LEAST GIVE US THE MUSIC YOU ALREADY MADE IF YOU WANT TO SHOVE DOWN YOUR AMBIENT DICK DOWN ON OUR THROATS, IM SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS JESUS.

    I mean, 4 minutes of this song would've been a Ghosts hit, but that's it. I'm not mad though, but it's still fucking funny.

  26. #8546
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Well that post encapsulates the whole fandom quite nicely.

    /thread
    /forum

  27. #8547
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Since his time at Apple I've been fearing Apple-exclusive releases, even for small things and even if it's just a timed exclusive. Out of principle, I usually don't support platform-exclusive releases from bigger artists (especially in lossy formats) but I tried to make an exception this time. This is even after someone was kind enough to send it to me.

    Installed Apple Music on Android and I couldn't find a way to buy Juno, iTunes on a desktop must still be required. They need to get their shit together and merge the capabilities, and/or move iTunes Store to the web. For a company who claims to prioritize user experience (or is known to attempt this?), there's much fucking friction with their services. They don't want my money. Sigh.
    /rant

  28. #8548
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Since his time at Apple I've been fearing Apple-exclusive releases, even for small things and even if it's just a timed exclusive. Out of principle, I usually don't support platform-exclusive releases from bigger artists (especially in lossy formats) but I tried to make an exception this time. This is even after someone was kind enough to send it to me.

    Installed Apple Music on Android and I couldn't find a way to buy Juno, iTunes on a desktop must still be required. They need to get their shit together and merge the capabilities, and/or move iTunes Store to the web. For a company who claims to prioritize user experience (or is known to attempt this?), there's much fucking friction with their services. They don't want my money. Sigh.
    /rant
    as far as i understand it, Apple Music is a completely separate streaming-only service that has essentially nothing to do with buying songs/albums via the iTunes store. why they haven't made it one seamless thing yet, i'm not sure, but i think it has mostly to do with the fact that iTunes and the iTunes store have existed for over ten years (iTunes itself is 18 years old) and Apple Music is essentially brand new and functions completely differently.

  29. #8549
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,494
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yes. There is Apple Music (cross-platform, paid subscription service) and the iTunes music store ( la carte downloads, accessible on Apple devices and Windows with iTunes software) two different libraries.

  30. #8550
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Santa Mira, CA
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The first performance of A Warm Place is incredible. I can't imagine being in the crowd and just having it suddenly hit you.



    If only they had Alessandro on hand to do the synth part like he did during Tension, then it would've been even greater.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions