Page 25 of 528 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 525 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I'd hope for not just new music, but a completely different way of presenting NIN. Trent mentione once about how he wanted to tour Europe with a string quartet. Something like tha, or something equally different and fresh, would be really good. To bring back a relatively similar version of NIN, so soon after saying an indefinite good bye, would be a bit anti-climatic I think.
    Fans have brought up the idea of a Trent + piano tour many times before, and I swear at one point (I think on The Spiral) he said he liked the idea. When he's too old to run around stage throwing guitar players into the crowd, I'd love to see a show like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Trent mentione once about how he wanted to tour Europe with a string quartet
    Call me close-minded, but I'd hate to see that. Seems like a lost opportunity to see the real NIN.

However, I also hate the fact that Trent would probably pull this off in a way that you'd HAVE to go and see this because it would be so good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    Throw in champagne and evening gowns... A black tie affair? le sigh
    I can see it now: beautiful gowns, sharp suits...it'll all go so nicely, covered in cornstarch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    When the Beastie Boys toured in 2007 for The Mix-Up, they would do two shows in each market. One night was a regular show in a large venue; the second night was in a concert hall setting with instrumentals, acoustics and stripped-down songs. For those "Gala Events," they encouraged people to "dress to impress," and some people really did show up in tuxes and evening gowns. I thought it was a really creative (and exciting) way to structure a tour.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    . Also, we know he's been in the studio with Alessandro and Atticus while HTDA's debut was already (almost) finished by the beginning of the year.
    wasnt that for that remix thing they did?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    wasnt that for that remix thing they did?
    Why would he call Ally into the studio to help remix one song for a minor band? It's more likely that they were all already working on something together when that came across his desk, and they teamed up on that, too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Why would he call Ally into the studio to help remix one song for a minor band? It's more likely that they were all already working on something together when that came across his desk, and they teamed up on that, too.
    I don't see why he wouldn't do that, though. Maybe they asked them to do the remix and Trent thought it would be a good idea to bring him in on it (you can certainly hear his style on it). Sure, they might have worked on some other stuff (I'm sure Alessandro will be on the next Ghosts record), but it's not a definite thing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Call me close-minded, but I'd hate to see that. Seems like a lost opportunity to see the real NIN.

However, I also hate the fact that Trent would probably pull this off in a way that you'd HAVE to go and see this because it would be so good.
    Now might be a good time to view the Bridge School acoustic videos - I have always found them strange (in a medieval sort of sense, not negatively strange) and absolutely captivating.
    (Non-Entity)
    - Piggy - there's a lot of background noise, but just listening to this done with strings is pretty otherwordly.

There's more if you just search around.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Fans have brought up the idea of a Trent + piano tour many times before, and I swear at one point (I think on The Spiral) he said he liked the idea. When he's too old to run around stage throwing guitar players into the crowd, I'd love to see a show like that.
    I don't know how and I don't know when but I am going to get my "Trent and a piano" tour, damn it! That would have been my question on this AMA thing, had I got to it in time...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Didn't Trent actually go into the studio and record those arrangements for an album they were going to do? I remember reading that. I wonder what happened...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I don't know how and I don't know when but I am going to get my "Trent and a piano" tour, damn it! That would have been my question on this AMA thing, had I got to it in time...
    Well, if it makes you feel any better - when I did that interview with Trent once upon a time, he said he was very interested in that idea and that it would definitely be something that he would consider in the future. It was - by no means - something that was set in stone though.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Well, if it makes you feel any better - when I did that interview with Trent once upon a time, he said he was very interested in that idea and that it would definitely be something that he would consider in the future. It was - by no means - something that was set in stone though.
    Don't bring that up again dammit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Still gutted we never got to see/hear the results of that! Any other shareable titbits?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I just missed a local Garbage show a few days ago. Turns out Justin-MJ was playing with them and I didn't even knew!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I just missed a local Garbage show a few days ago. Turns out Justin-MJ was playing with them and I didn't even knew!
    What?! When did JMJ replace Eric Avery?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Nevermind, I'm an idiot. (So is a reporter whose review I happened to stumble across)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh, I may be a massive fan boy for him, but Aaron's guitar in this is just.... urnnfff

Has anyone got any idea at all where he is right now and what he's doing? I miss that guy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    * grab the tiny shred of hope and hang on to it for dear life*

Thanks, Torgo!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Still gutted we never got to see/hear the results of that! Any other shareable titbits?
    Nothing that isn't old news by now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    such as...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've been revisiting a lot of Clint Mansell's musical scores lately, and am always amazed at how awesome they are. I would love to see the outcome of a Clint and Trent collaboration.

this just gives me goose bumps.
    Last edited by Callahan; 11-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I would love to see the outcome of a Clint and Trent collaboration.
    Trent is credited on World Traveler. If I recall correctly, with piano or keyboards.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I've been revisiting a lot of Clint Mansell's musical scores lately, and am always amazed at how awesome they are. I would love to see the outcome of a Clint and Trent collaboration.
    Ask and ye shall receive! Hehe. Renowned film composers, rocking out together in the 90s.

There's also Clint's remix of "You Know What You Are"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    My neighbor upstairs is either listening to Ghost I or watching the social network.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 11-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In the wake of the Hostess shut-down news today:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was having breakfast today, with a track from The Social Network stuck in my head, and while I took bites from the coxinha and the pastel, I thought of an alternate title for the track.

The Unmistakable Taste of Fried Goods

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Ugh, I may be a massive fan boy for him, but Aaron's guitar in this is just.... urnnfff

Has anyone got any idea at all where he is right now and what he's doing? I miss that guy.
    Jubilee just followed me back on Twitter, for some reason. Which means they're still using that @Jubilee_LA account. Perhaps they're up to something...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i really wish they would release a nice set of all of trent's remixes. even though i have most of them some are really difficult to find (vertigo/growing up) and it would be nice to have them on in one cool physical set.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    i really wish they would release a nice set of all of trent's remixes. even though i have most of them some are really difficult to find (vertigo/growing up) and it would be nice to have them on in one cool physical set.
    I can imagine a bigger hassle for labels than releasing all of an artist's remixes onto one compilation - so many labels, ownerships and royalties to deal with!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    That Peter Gabriel mix is one of the best Trent has ever done. Another one of my favorite's is the Puff Daddy victory remix. Badass when Busta Rhymes comes in and it has Trent all over the place. Strange combo of styles, but it works somehow.