Page 232 of 528 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,960 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just found out Gary Numan is doing a three night set here in LA in September

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2...agram-bal.html

I wonder if Trent or Robin will be there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Kleiner wrote a book.....few things...people go to a NIN show wanting to see NIN, not see Trents wife come out and sing HTDA songs during the encore...thats taking an AWFULLY LOT for granted that NIN fans want to hear that...2nd of all the problem with the setlists during the summer 2014 Soundgarden tour were that they were basically IDENTICAL setlists to the summer 2013 tour....after the great 09 tour of playing deep cuts, last thing anyone expected was TR to come back in 4/5 years and play greatest hits (which is what he did)...whats the fucking point at this stage to do greatest hits tours?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    people go to a NIN show wanting to see NIN, not see Trents wife come out and sing HTDA songs during the encore
    Considering the crowd reactions in both Japan and Australia/New Zealand, I think you're absolutely wrong.

Also, "Trent's wife" has a name.

...they were basically IDENTICAL setlists to the summer 2013 tour..
    Which, three dates aside, wasn't in the United States (where the 2014 tour dates with Soundgarden were). Also, I have to believe there are fans out there that didn't download every video stream of every festival performance the year before, and maybe HADN'T seen those shows. I also have to believe that there are fans out there who didn't give a fuck if the setlists were similar.

And as for your complaint about a "greatest hits tour", I wasn't aware that tracks like Sanctified, Reptile, Eraser, Me, I'm Not, The Great Destroyer, The Warning, Disappointed, and Find My Way were considered greatest hits.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 06-24-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If putting on Mariqueen (I checked, she has a name!) is "taking a lot for granted", then so is touring with QOTSA, Soundgarden, bringing on Numan, Murphy, Williams, ever doing anything ever that isn't new...

Like, yeah, some people don't like her. Some people also don't like Ilan.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Kleiner wrote a book.....few things...people go to a NIN show wanting to see NIN, not see Trents wife come out and sing HTDA songs during the encore...thats taking an AWFULLY LOT for granted that NIN fans want to hear that...2nd of all the problem with the setlists during the summer 2014 Soundgarden tour were that they were basically IDENTICAL setlists to the summer 2013 tour....after the great 09 tour of playing deep cuts, last thing anyone expected was TR to come back in 4/5 years and play greatest hits (which is what he did)...whats the fucking point at this stage to do greatest hits tours?
    1.) The HTDA guest spots happened in, what, three countries? Go watch any footage or listen to any show on RITC of those dates, everyone in the audience seems resoundingly happy and Trent openly says "We weren't able to take HTDA to other places so we thought we'd do a few songs here right now." The first show they ever did that at also featured: Somewhat Damaged, Letting You, Reptile, Vessel, Burn, Ghosts 31, The Frail/The Wretched. So, yes, the greatest hits there clearly.

2.) IDENTICAL! IDENTICAL he decrees, basically IDENTICAL! Despite the fact that A) the visuals were in fact different for numerous songs and B) there was quite a bit of variation. The festival tour had The Way Out Is Through, Only and The Good Soldier as staples. Guess which songs either never appeared or were done only a handful of times on the SG tour? The SG tour featured Eraser, The Great Destroyer and the actual original album version of TDTWWA. Oh and I sure don't remember seeing Survivalism at either of the SG tour dates I caught despite getting both the Fuji and Assault set, so yeah, totally IDENTICAL. Not to mention lineup wise there's an entire member missing depending on which we're talking and that alone alters the arrangements and actual sound of the songs, but let's not worry about any live nuances because a show is only as good as a list of songs right.

3.) After the 2009 tour was dubbed a farewell tour and Trent said it was going to be more deep cuts for the sake of the hardcore fans and themselves since it was a last time out in his mind, who the fuck would have expected it to stay like that forever? That was a farewell tour. It was, from the ground up, intended as the last go-round and was being structured to cater to the hardcore fans and to they themselves as much as possible, other audiences be damned. It was a special deal. Anyone who expected future tours to be that is being ridiculous.

4.) Tension sure was greatest hits considering Gave Up, Closer, We're In This Together, Down In It, The Perfect Drug, Every Day Is Exactly the Same, and Discipline were all staple-- oh wait, that's right, they weren't played at all, and it wasn't even close to a greatest hits show. So that entire major US tour the year before was so close in songs right?

5.) The festival shows were widely international and had, what, two US dates? The first major US touring was Tension and go look at a Tension and a SG set, please show me the incredible similarities. This is the Tension show I saw: http://ninlive.com/shows/2013/20131031.html This is the SG show with the Fuji set I saw: http://ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140810.html Obviously these were the same shows and I should have been mad because we're also naturally entitled to different shows.

6.) The shows that had the "greatest hits" sets were either at festivals where most of the audience are not pre-existing fans or a co-headlining tour where half of the audience are not pre-existing fans. I even fuckin' talk about this in my "book" (apparently a few paragraphs that's nicely spaced and formatted is too much to read nowadays right) but then again this is a tireless and pointless argument because I'm sure, after this effort, you're going to either ignore it entirely or say some dismissive, aggressive garbage about Trent being washed up or NIN sucking live now or how Tension sucked anyway so doesn't count or any other long list of tired complaints you've been raising since you became a member here. I wish I could see you say one positive thing about NIN that isn't back-handed or passive aggressive somehow. Just one. My birthday's tomorrow. That'd be an incredible present.

7.) As someone who had never seen NIN before and thought I never would, Tension was like a fever dream of happiness for me and the Soundgarden tour was like pure bliss, getting to see them again two nights back to back less than a year later. And of those three shows I ended up seeing something around I think 30 unique songs and of the songs that were replayed I enjoyed all of them every time. I loved seeing this band live. I desperately hope I get to see them more. And if it were the exact same sets as any of the three I've seen, I'd still go and have an amazing time, because, big shocker, I love those songs by that band. Who knew fans of a band would really like most of their songs?! Crazy, I know.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think kleiner is Rob Sheridan.....

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think bill is Richard Patrick

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    try Courtney Hole...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Who doesn't like Ilan?
    Morons. That's who.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think bill is Richard Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    try Courtney Hole...
    You're both wrong. It's John Malm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This non-news is really soul destroying. Patience is not my strong suit.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Possibly old and I missed it, so not putting it in spotting, but 42 Entertainment's team page has a BTS pic of the Survivalism video. Wonder if they filmed the whole thing...

http://www.42entertainment.com/team

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, it'd be interesting to see an edit with just the angles of the band.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So with Apple Music being released, Trent decided to post a performance of Copy of A from Vienna in 2014 and it is Pro-Shot..

Let the speculation over the Tension DVD resume once again...

Is it happening? Is it even real? Is it butter? Who knows.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-30-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    So with Apple Music being released, Trent decided to post a performance of Copy of A from Vienna in 2014 and it is Pro-Shot..

Let the speculation over the Tension DVD resume once again...

Is it happening? Is it even real? Is it butter? Who knows.
    This video is on Apple Music I assume?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    This video is on Apple Music I assume?
    Yeah, it's on the Connect page for NIN. It's apparently free to anybody who doesn't wanna bother with the Apple Music sub. Could be an oversight, I dunno.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is it this specific time when forum topic adds up so fast that when you read one page two more appear?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    hold on, I want to know what billy thinks.
    ...most likely that trent likes corporate dollars so much, he deliberately held Tension DVD and The Fragile stuff to be able to promote it via Apple...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Yeah, it's on the Connect page for NIN. It's apparently free to anybody who doesn't wanna bother with the Apple Music sub. Could be an oversight, I dunno.
    Can you access it when you don't have Apple Music available yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Can you access it when you don't have Apple Music available yet?
    It appears on iOS 8.4 or on the latest version of iTunes, doesn't need any subscription to listen to the NIN connect page (at least for now)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Connect is supposed to be available for everyone, that's the point of it. That's what I gathered from the initial announcement, anyway.

God, this forum's a mess today. Four pages of meltdown in the Fragile thread.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I really desperately hope there's one weird guy out there passionately disappointed that Deep didn't get an instrumental release today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I really desperately hope there's one weird guy out there passionately disappointed that Deep didn't get an instrumental release today.
    uh...hi, i'm maxwell. that'd be me

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    They needn't worry. There's an instrumental version up on the remix site.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    TDS, TF, WT, YZ all have instrumental versions now, with TS having a fan made one. WHERE THE HELL IS MY PHM INSTRUMENTAL TRONT

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    TDS, TF, WT, YZ all have instrumental versions now, with TS having a fan made one. WHERE THE HELL IS MY PHM INSTRUMENTAL TRONT
    What? Instrumental version of With Teeth? When? Where?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    What? Instrumental version of With Teeth? When? Where?
    Today, Apple Music. There's been like, threads about it and stuff. I'm sure you've even commented on one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The aggression about new Fragile tracks completely drowned out the With Teeth talk, so it's not really that surprising.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    uh...hi, i'm maxwell. That'd be me
    me too!!!!!!!!!!! Deep deep deep deep

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    uh...hi, i'm maxwell. that'd be me
    I'm so happy you exist. <3 This day couldn't get any better.

OT: Instrumental Broken would be a pretty nice thing to have. I definitely think Trent is probably less interested in Broken than any other NIN release at this point considering how little any of it was played on the past tour cycle and that he's mentioned seeing it as less than representative of NIN before, calling it less sincere, etc. Regardless though, hearing things in instrumental form really highlights whole other sides of things.

Oh and I swear there's a vocal clip in Only still in the instrumental version. With Teeth still has the "ba-ba-baaah, ba-ba-baah, bum-ba-ba"'s left in as well.

Okay there's a plane landing/taking off type sound at the start of Right Where It Belongs that I swear to hell isn't on the album version. Alose BYiT's "oo"s at the end are left in as well.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 06-30-2015 at 06:13 PM.