Page 229 of 528 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 329 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,870 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This is my first time going from seeing NIN a lot to experiencing tour drought and damn, how'd you people survive the gap between Fragility and With Teeth and the Wave Goodbye and Tension tours? It's been less than a year since I last saw NIN and I'm already experiencing withdrawal here.
    I think social media makes gaps worse, I really didn't get involved in any of that aspect until Trent was prolific anyway around 2007. But yes I'm feeling the same as you even though I coped perfectly well with all the earlier gaps as I've been a fan since 1992. It seemed par for the course then

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I think social media makes gaps worse
    Oh I definitely hate the way that Instagram and twitter makes more or less the smallest of things a huge deal. Trent posts a pic of some knobs and synths? Totally has to be something. Trent's on a plane? Totally collecting samples for a new album. It makes it very easy to get impatient and allows for a ton of over-analyzing, I can see why Trent stopped being even close to as active on twitter as he used to be.

Really though I just want to see Reptile again and get bathed in sickly green light. NIN as my first concert really did spoil me because nothing else comes near it.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    But yes I'm feeling the same as you even though I coped perfectly well with all the earlier gaps as I've been a fan since 1992. It seemed par for the course then
    It's true that before 2007, each NIN release was accompanied with the thought of "sweet, thanks, see you in six years yeah ?". Then he started delivering projects and collabs and records and soundtracks at random, completely and irremediably ruined my NIN zen pattern...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    It's true that before 2007, each NIN release was accompanied with the thought of "sweet, thanks, see you in six years yeah ?". Then he started delivering projects and collabs and records and soundtracks at random, completely and irremediably ruined my NIN zen pattern...
    Exactly, not to mention randomly disbanding the band, now I really don't know what to expect

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    you can't disband a "band" made of one person! he halted the live aspect only. the "Wave Goodbye" was to touring.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was wondering what Mark Romanek and Trent could be working on after Romanek let slip, via Periscope, that they are indeed working on something right now.

Then I just read this concerning the Apple streaming service:

As for implementation, sources said the subscription service is to be bundled with a new Music app that also includes music downloads and a revamped iTunes Radio. Elaborating on rumors of exclusive content offerings, the report claims Apple hired professionals to produce behind-the-scenes videos for high-profile musicians. Artists can share these videos, as well as other media, through a built-in social networkingfeature called Apple Connect.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/...fore-wwdc-2015

I wonder if this is what Romanek is doing for Trent. Interesting indeed...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I had stopped listening to The Fragile album for almost four years in hopes of finally re-living it via the Deluxe Edition. However, after the new version of The Wretched on the Batman: Arkham Knight commercial, I decided to give it another full listen yesterday. It has aged well, and remains as ambitious and full of beautiful sounds as it used to be. Now that I'm kinda more experienced with music making, I now spotted several spots where Trent sang off-key that now stuck out to me (I used to not mind them at all), but that was a minor complaint. I loved revisiting all those great tracks that blew me away the first time I heard them (nine years ago). I also gave Still a full spin, and, man, I'm still amazed by how well-mixed it is.
    Sang out of key eh? Very curious where those spots are... You sure they're not just passing notes? i.e. notes that sound okay when moving by but are not technically in key. I learned about those in audio engineering school but I can't remember exactly how they're defined.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's now officially been over 2 years since the announcement of Hesitation Marks. Just a sad random NIN thought.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    It's now officially been over 2 years since the announcement of Hesitation Marks. Just a sad random NIN thought.
    It's been over 6 years since the announcement of the fragile deluxe. And over a decade since the announcement of with teeth deluxe! At least we got HM :P

Though, unless there's a secret score coming up, this could be the first year without new Trent material since the 80s

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It's been over 6 years since the announcement of the fragile deluxe. And over a decade since the announcement of with teeth deluxe! At least we got HM :P

Though, unless there's a secret score coming up, this could be the first year without new Trent material since the 80s
    I feel this is going to be the longest gap since the post-fragile/pre-with teeth era.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    I feel this is going to be the longest gap since the post-fragile/pre-with teeth era.
    There was only a 100 days' bigger gap than Slip/HM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is by far my favorite live version of Down In It:

I would kill to see an updated live version of this song on the next tour (hopefully).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, it looks like Apple's new music service is going to have various "connect" features so that artists can post videos, photos, lyrics, etc. I'm betting we'll see something from Trent similar to the Hesitation Marks Remix EP that was exclusive to Beats.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I want a video!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    So, it looks like Apple's new music service is going to have various "connect" features so that artists can post videos, photos, lyrics, etc. I'm betting we'll see something from Trent similar to the Hesitation Marks Remix EP that was exclusive to Beats.
    sigh

This apple thing is literally http://www.nin.com/strobelight/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sigh

I'm not saying anything that in depth (the HM remix EP). It looks like it's more meant to share behind the scenes type stuff, rehearsals, etc.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I'm not saying anything that in depth (the HM remix EP). It looks like it's more meant to share behind the scenes type stuff, rehearsals, etc.
    I thought closing down the spiral was the end of premium BTS content?

The service is "we know what you want to listen to better than you do" with heavy format exclusivity thrown in. Just feels crappy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sigh

Hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The service is "we know what you want to listen to better than you do" with heavy format exclusivity thrown in. Just feels crappy.
    He's already gone that route, even with the last album the In Conversation With was an iTunes exclusive if I remember rightly, I just got it by other means, doesn't bother me really

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

He closed The Spiral because he didn't like the idea of it making some fans feel elite or more entitled because they paid for a fan club membership. To an extent, I agree, but I do miss The Hole, pre-show chats, and how much more active and interactive the band was at the time. None of which were the reason I paid for the membership, I just wanted the early entrance (which you get through current day pre-sales) and the chance of a meet and greet and soundcheck, which I never got but that's ok.

If Trent puts exclusive media on a paid service, I can imagine someone would put it elsewhere, maybe even Seed 0.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's not like he's going to release an entire album through this new service. I think it's smart for Trent to involve himself in things outside of directly making music, because it gives him a future if he ever decides that this isn't what he wants to do any more.

If a remix EP or whatever is posted to Apple Music when it launches, you can bet your ass that it'll be all over the Internet by the end of the day, so who cares? I remember when that live EP from 2013 was exclusive to Spotify for all of five minutes before links were passed out here like candy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    High. Has anyone figured out what the back masking in the Quake soundtrack says? Track 3. Sounds like Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    High. Has anyone figured out what the back masking in the Quake soundtrack says? Track 3. Sounds like Marilyn Manson.
    Blablah confused dates and events, subsequent edit : my bad, I'm full of shit.
    Last edited by Khrz; 06-09-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Blablah confused dates and events, subsequent edit : my bad, I'm full of shit.
    Dude that's not funny you know I'm high and scared!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Dude that's not funny you know I'm high and scared!
    I was merely saying that I was finding it unlikely due to their relationship at the time, because I was convinced that Quake was from 98, and not 96.

hush, hush, it's okay, close your eyes, everything's gonna be alright...

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur,h
    appy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Dude we don't even know the real names of the tracks

Related: iD, Trent, Interscope, fucking someone: release the goddamn soundtrack as a standalone already

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    He's already gone that [Apple-exclusive] route, even with the last album the In Conversation With was an iTunes exclusive if I remember rightly, I just got it by other means, doesn't bother me really
    No, it was also available bundled with the Deluxe Edition on HDTracks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I don't know everything that's being said, but I do know that he says "too much cash" at one point. (That's not a joke, by the way. )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    At the beginning of Tim Cook's introduction of Weeknd's closing performance, who thought it was going to be Trent doing some sort of performance? I was naively hoping it was true at that point and even half expected it. Even when he said "new artist", I was still hopeful it was Trent ("new" means reborn, right????). I'm such a moron.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was emptying the dishwasher and for some reason I whispered "teitan" to myself