Page 225 of 528 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I agree that the beginning and the trilogy at the end are BY FAR the best parts of With Teeth, and up there with the very best NIN moments. But it should be pointed out that the way you phrased that still sort of implies that between that great beginning and end, there's some filler.
    I wouldnt say filler, but i def dont listen to the collecter or getting smaller that much. But i still appreciate them for what they are, they have their good moments.
    Also, hearing songs live change them for me sometimes. The collecter sounds WAY better live. Cant remember getting smaller live.....if theyve even played it live besides that rehearsal audio. (or even maybe not on that, cant remember)

Always wished the line begins to blur was with that rehearsal audio. Still my fav NIN song, right in front of the day the world went away and all that could have been.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 04-16-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Always wished the line begins to blur was with that rehearsal audio. Still my fav NIN song, right in front of the day the world went away and all that could have been.
    The Line Begins to Blur is a personal favorite in the live incarnation. Wish it had been worked in with more shows over the years.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    same. ain't gonna stand for no Theme bashing around here! same with "Pilgrimage!" they are the ultimate grower songs from the whole catalog.

now, if you wanna bash "Underneath It All..."
    oh, man...i LOVE underneath it all. i still think it's one of the most unique songs i've ever heard. part of why we named our podcast after it

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Whoever thinks this song is filler should put down the crack pipe...

IMO Pilgrimmage is pretty much the definition of filler- pretty much an instrumental, that really goes nowhere. It's really not an intro (either at the beginning of an album like Pinion, or somewhere else like The Frail compliments The Wretched) or an outro.

Carry on.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    From the man himself:

"twelve good punches in the face -- no fillers, no instrumentals, just straight to the point"

QED
    Well that's proof right there that at least ONE song is filler. :P

WHICH ONE, GUYS? WHICH ONE?!?!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    "Lonely Since She Walked Out of My Life"

TR is obviously a triskaidekaphobian.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Cant remember getting smaller live.....if theyve even played it live besides that rehearsal audio. (or even maybe not on that, cant remember)
    Yup, quite a few times on the club tour and also a handful of times in winter 2006:

Love Alessandro's bass stance on the drum riser, there. Plus they busted it out twice in 2008, I think, but Robin's guitar sounded like total barf. He isn't even playing in the right key on the existing recording of the Dallas show, spends the whole tune an entire semitone away from the rest of the band. Just awful. They never played it again after that.

This is the best version... JOSH FUCKING FREESE:

Last edited by botley; 04-16-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Twelve tracks are punches in the face. RWIB is a punch in the heart.

(Alternatives: With Teeth is a punch in the teeth, THTF is a bite to the hand, . . . )

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

The automatic can-opener/blender song *ducks*

(Though, it sounds "chunkier" in the rehearsal version).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Whoever thinks this song is filler should put down the crack pipe...

IMO Pilgrimmage is pretty much the definition of filler- pretty much an instrumental, that really goes nowhere. It's really not an intro (either at the beginning of an album like Pinion, or somewhere else like The Frail compliments The Wretched) or an outro.

Carry on.
    totally agree with your first statement.

but your second statement essentially asserts that a standalone instrumental song that isn't a companion piece to another song is automatically filler. that's confusing to me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but your second statement essentially asserts that a standalone instrumental song that isn't a companion piece to another song is automatically filler. that's confusing to me.
    I don't feel that way about standalone instrumentals at all. Just its a short March/chanting song that I think is garbage. Musically there isn't much there IMO. For instance I like A Warm Place, despite it being pretty much a Bowie song, for the music. I can listen to that without going through all of TDS.

To to each their own I guess. Just trying to explain why a lot of people think there's some filler songs on TF.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Track 48 on broken

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ITT: We are owed everything, right here right now. Also every song TR ever worked on is simultaneously the best ever, and sucks major ass and should never have been released.

Sometimes I'm surprised Trent talked to us at all, NIN fans are assholes ​sometimes.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Track 48 on broken
    I like it, but it lingers on too long by one second...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Track 48 on broken
    If we ever get a broken remaster, I want a 11.1 surround mix of those tracks

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I actually like Underneath It All, and I consider it as the ending of The Fragile. Ripe (with decay) is more like an outro. The Fragile would be stacked, even if we took out some songs; it's not an easy record to digest because it is all over the place, since the pacing is the result of some next level thinking, especially CD2.

And I've never cringed from the Tetsuo theme, and I'm not sure what would be so strange about that song? Trent went apeshit on HIS or at the end of The Becoming, or with TGD, he sang he's gonna come all over your face, ha named one of his songs HYPERPOWER!, etc. If it's about the movie, then he has nothing to be ashamed of either, it's not like he scored the whole film, and advertised it everywhere, that it's gonna be the best shit you've ever seen. Imo it's not even that bad of a movie; went a bit more casual, than the original, so maybe it was a disappointment for the hardcore fans, but if someone can't stomach The Bullet Man, then trust me, they wouldn't last long with the original, considering a guy literally fucks a woman with his drilling robot dick in it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Spoilers man!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hope the next time NIN tours, they play the full version of Closer. It's so good.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    sick among the pure = Leviathant in disguise

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Sometimes I'm surprised Trent talked to us at all, NIN fans are assholes ​sometimes.
    Well he talked to us to call us cunts, I think there's a mutual understanding there...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well he talked to us to call us cunts, I think there's a mutual understanding there...
    The good old days.... I really miss them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm kinda surprised David Fincher haven't directed any NIN music video yet, considering his background as a music video director and Trent's involvment with him

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I'm kinda surprised David Fincher haven't directed any NIN music video yet, considering his background as a music video director and Trent's involvment with him

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well everyday's a school day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone thought of the outro noise of Hurt to be a heart monitor flatline and the person being disconnected near the end?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    about Pilgrimage: I always considered it a vital part of No, You Don't, and I actually never listen to those two apart from each other. always together. makes sense to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wouldn't call Pilgrimage "filler" per-say. It's still not my favorite on the Fragile. Still better than Starfuckers, though. That song should have been erased off of the Fragile to become a b-side.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMBFCHD View Post
    Anyone thought of the outro noise of Hurt to be a heart monitor flatline and the person being disconnected near the end?
    I had not. But I hear it now when I listen for it.
    I had always thought the beginning of "The Eater of Dreams" sounded like waking up in a hospital, so the flatline sound in "Hurt" makes total sense to me. Thanks!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I put this on chrome cast while I'm cleaning the living room. I'm not getting anything done because I can't look away.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Sounds crazy but my Spidey Sense is tingling again. I interpret that as an announcement about the next album.... we should hear some news in June.