Page 213 of 528 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I'm mildly upset it took listening to the Taylor Swift mash up to find out I had The Perfect Drug lyrics wrong AGAIN! Thought he was saying "... how very little good is left of me." I wonder how many other songs I've been fucking up my entire life! Mind blown.
    www.nin.wiki helps with the lyrics :P

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    www.nin.wiki helps with the lyrics :P
    i had to go three different places (tried perfect drug versions because one version has the original song, tried the lost highway soundtrack because that's where it originally appeared, and then i finally went to the we're in this together single) before i found a clickable version of the song (and was thus able to get to the page with lyrics). that seems a bit silly, no?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i had to go three different places (tried perfect drug versions because one version has the original song, tried the lost highway soundtrack because that's where it originally appeared, and then i finally went to the we're in this together single) before i found a clickable version of the song (and was thus able to get to the page with lyrics). that seems a bit silly, no?
    It tends to be that the wiki only has one link to a page, and it's not always the most sensible place. But there's a search bar!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    The link for the TPD song page is the first link on the TPD Versions page and the fifth link on the LH soundtrack page. Are you saying you visually scanned past the introductory text to the track listings to try to find them?
    Last edited by piggy; 02-17-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    The link for the TPD song page is the first link on the TPD Versions page and the fifth link on the LH soundtrack page. Are you saying you visually scanned past the introductory text to the track listings to try to find them?
    oh, yes...i went down to the tracklists each time.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I remember people complaining about that, because, when thinking sensibly, a track list should have clickable links. I get the "one link for a thing" rule, but at least put them in the track list. It's really annoying.

...Should I mention that in the NINWiki thread? It's bothered me for years.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I just spent about a day re-ripping every CD in my NIN collection into 320kbps mp3. Figured I may as well upgrade from 128kbps at some point.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I just spent about a day re-ripping every CD in my NIN collection into 320kbps mp3. Figured I may as well upgrade from 128kbps at some point.
    BUT DID YOU USE LAME 3.98.4 TO ENCODE THE MP3s?!? AND PROPERLY CONFIGURE EAC v1.0 TO RIP THE CDs FIRST???!!!

IF NOT, YOUR DAY WAS WASTED. TRY AGAIN.
    Last edited by botley; 02-18-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    BUT DID YOU USE LAME 3.98.4 TO ENCODE THE MP3s?!? AND PROPERLY CONFIGURE EAC v1.0 TO RIP THE CDs FIRST???!!!

IF NOT, YOUR DAY WAS WASTED. TRY AGAIN.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I didn't see a BRMC thread, and I figured that what I was going to post had a relevance to NIN fans anyway, so:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club announced the release of their new DVD, titled "Live In Paris". They announced it yesterday, February 17th. The concert happened last year, on Februray 24th. That means a year between performance and DVD announcement. The set itself will come out in May.

If memory serves me right, the last concert that NIN taped took place in August, right? Well, this is just another one of those "there's still hope" posts. I know Bill will come over here and shit all over it, but it's still too soon to dismiss this NIN DVD set as something that's not happening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Ordered. Worked for me. Ive wanted that shirt since i saw someone wearing it in like 1995 ish. Never have my size though. I finally feel complete.

I hope the back says "NIN nothing halo eight"
    Shirt arrived today. Back is blank but i fucking love it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    oh, yes...i went down to the tracklists each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I remember people complaining about that, because, when thinking sensibly, a track list should have clickable links. I get the "one link for a thing" rule, but at least put them in the track list. It's really annoying.

...Should I mention that in the NINWiki thread? It's bothered me for years.
    I went through a couple of years ago and fixed that issue on the major halos, but I've gone through and done some work on the other halos now.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Here's what is likely to be the first print promotion for PHM from the cover of Billboard magazine September 9, 1989:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow, I didn't think they experimented with glitch art until the With Teeth era.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    that's no "glitch", that's paper 'n' scissors, you digital generation!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ my wife loves that song. one of her college roommates would put it on every time before going out to a bar so as to pump himself up and get ready for his evening on the town. it's pretty great.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Showed my gf the Down In It video while getting unsober. She asked if Trent was Patrick Swayze. Wtf.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am blown away. I just decided to give Year Zero another listen after years of disregarding it. I was 17 when I last listened to the album, but at the time I didn't pay attention to sound the way I do now; no attention to room tones or reverbs, delays, eq, noise and ambience, drum sounds vs samples... I also was turned off by the political message in Year Zero because I felt that I knew nothing of politics or what was going on in the world. I felt I couldn't understand it. Plus Mr. Capital G was someone I never studied but everyone else just new he was an asshole. I was always like, hm, he is eh?

Now, after gone through the whole album, the sounds and the message, the amount of personality and style in the music; it's simply fascinating to me. Now I'm just fantasizing Trent in some movie or real life Apocalypse and I can just see him as this hardened street smart man trying to help people out in life or death situations; intimidating and angry on the outside but caring and helpful on the inside. I can just imagine the music as an epic anthem to the times.

Man, did I ever miss out I mean I'm 21 now and I started listening to NIN when I was 15. And that alternate reality game.... Holy shit man what the fuck was that all about?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I mean, I know Trent wanted people to "wake up!!!" lol. But that's all I know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey, am I the only person that thinks that NIN comes very close to music we hear in our dreams? What I mean is, the immense amount of subtlety in the sound, the variation, things sneaking up on you or sounds flashing and bouncing off of Trent's voice and moving around. Like shit I seriously feel like sometimes, NIN is just dreamy. lol. I mean just creamy. No, I mean just like a fantasty. Yeah, like a fantasy.

Maybe it's because sometimes I hear NIN in my dreams, and often the music is just full of mystery; changing and morphing in front of my eyes, but never in a way that I can completely follow and comprehend.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One time I had this dream I was watching TV, and the screen goes totally white with noise, and I know it's like an MTV music video or something, and slowely, I begin to realize an image of Trent Reznor, face down on a pure white background; a large pool of blood beneath him. I believe the scene was accompanied by a drone of noise and such. That was a really kool dream. Who wants to hear more Trent Reznor dreams from me?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    lol that's fuckin hilarious

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    One time I had this dream I was watching TV, and the screen goes totally white with noise, and I know it's like an MTV music video or something, and slowely, I begin to realize an image of Trent Reznor, face down on a pure white background; a large pool of blood beneath him. I believe the scene was accompanied by a drone of noise and such. That was a really kool dream. Who wants to hear more Trent Reznor dreams from me?
    There's a thread for that already, go crazy http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...nt-NIN-in-them

(also you can edit your posts so that you can put all of your things in one thread, rather than posting three times)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hahahaha but seriously. The amount of mystery and intrigue I felt... That was the kool part. Ooo, what is this? Wow, that's Trent? Oh, it's just a dream.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Holy shit now way. Lol can't believe people are already talking about that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very good Kris. Your thumbs encourage me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    okay seriously you made 5 in a row and then 3? are you high, or do you just get off on annoying the adults?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Very good Kris. Your thumbs encourage me.
    I just thought it was nice to see that you appreciate Year Zero a lot more now. It's also one of my most favorite albums that came out after The Fragile, and as I've also mentioned in the Nine Inch Nails dream thread, I've also had dreams of NIN as well. I've even dreamed a bit about being in Closure and And All That Could Have Been (Live).

It's also been a while since I've given Purest Feeling a proper listen, and I just love it, especially the way the drums and guitars build up on and off each other. I can't imagine having Purest Feeling not getting me sold and hooked on NIN should it have been my introduction to NIN. I also thought that this particular YouTube URL of Purest Feeling would've been worth sharing.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-26-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    okay seriously you made 5 in a row and then 3?
    I'm glad you said that, I thought someone had me blocked

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I only just now realized that Atticus is English and speaks with an accent.