Page 210 of 528 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    For all we know, he could have made the whole thing up. Or it might have been someone posing as him messing with us.
    I see what you're saying, and I might be wrong obviously but I find both hypotheses unlikely. The accounts are too detailed and his description of Reznor's behavior is consistent with other sources and instances. That doesn't mean the story isn't way more complicated than it appears, and judging any party on the basis of forum posts would be ridiculous, especially after all this time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I think one of ETS admins back in the day confirmed his authenticity.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I can't find the link, can someone help me out?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Probably was, I wouldn't consider him a saint now either. But remember that this is a conversation happening between people who don't see each other eye to eye anymore, and who have spent difficult years together. Bad blood is bound to happen.
    The fact that Atticus remained in NIN after all this time probably means that either Reznor has improved his communication skills
    Or fired his manager and quit drinking and doing drugs and being an immature asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    No, it was on the old dead board. Trust us, it was really him. We were there. They traced an IP address, there was other evidence, people were PMing him, etc.

The biggest issue at the time was Jerome and the source of his illness, "suddenly" getting sick on the brink of a huge arena tour (the implication was that Jerome knew all along and ignored it, drank booze, abused himself and didn't tell anyone so he was a tour liability), leaving TR to scramble for a drummer, then people were bitching on here and on NIN.com about how TR looked to have left Jerome by the side of a tour bus after he got out of the hospital and hired another drummer, then Jerome's later nasty comments about TR, then TR vented about Jerome (and deleted some of his own nasty comments), then Charlie showed up to kind of, I dunno, counsel Jerome to stfu? In a humorous way? Hence that whole AAVE (ebonics) thing, giving it more levity? (there's probably more inside story to that, too, but we shouldn't get into it)

Like @Khrz said, it all read like years of bad blood being aired (TR's comments, Charlie's honest stories some of which we KNOW are true). Like a soap opera. Charlie ADMITTED that he was doing other work on TR's dime and it was bad, and that he should have quit instead of getting paid by TR to do work for other people and sort of understood why TR got pissed and threw his gear into the dumpster (message: being ripped off don't go over lightly). But I sincerely doubt the Tapeworm failure was all TRs fault. And Malm redirecting calls sure as shit wasn't.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    The clouser ets postings are my top favorite ets memory. It was honest and unnerving and none of my business.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    While on the other hand, being called cunts by Trent had a nice personal ring to it !

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    While on the other hand, being called cunts by Trent had a nice personal ring to it !
    Could be worse, you could be called the musical janitor.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So with the Gone Girl cycle coming to an end this Sunday at the Grammys (last major nomination for the soundtrack), what's next and how long until we have official news from the NIN camp on the next project or anything for that matter?

What's the longest time period we've been without a single news? I'm assuming it's between the TDS and TF cycle.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    So with the Gone Girl cycle coming to an end this Sunday at the Grammys (last major nomination for the soundtrack), what's next and how long until we have official news from the NIN camp on the next project or anything for that matter?

What's the longest time period we've been without a single news? I'm assuming it's between the TDS and TF cycle.
    surely the time between TF and With Teeth was longer?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Could be worse, you could be called the musical janitor.
    I just LOLd at Leviathant's comments re teitan - I'm assuming he didn't know who it was then? That's hilarious
    "And it appears ∅ comes here almost exclusively to bash Chris Vrenna. Look at his post history... someone's got beef! Hell, he even logs in as broken soul to add to the Vrenna bashing. Issues?"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Me thinks @Kris needs to stop frequenting the Mexican restaurants he.... uhmm, frequents. o_O
    I can admit that I actually think about food a lot more than I should to that point that such thoughts sometimes ended up in my random NIN thoughts. I also brought it up before in this post.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...293#post229293

And I've thought about it before at the time, but was reminded about it again through this post as well.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...210#post229210

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Either rehearsal spaces are all too similar these days, or JMJ is in the same place. But I guess NIN don't own it, right?

"The actual pods from Spinal Tap are in the hallway at @nineinchnails rehearsals. Not sure why. They smell terrible."

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...85597784387584

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    http://russizm.blogspot.ca/2006/03/n...s-feud-on.html

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    surely the time between TF and With Teeth was longer?
    We did get AATCHB in 2002. Then nothing until 2005 when THTF was released. Guess you're right.
    Between TDS and TF, there was Closure in 95 anf TPD in 97.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    no, it was on the old dead board. Trust us, it was really him. We were there. They traced an ip address, there was other evidence, people were pming him, etc.
    tacos 4 sale

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    tacos 4 sale
    hahaha yeah exactly

(courtesy of ninfrance)
    Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    one of the most entertaining nights of my life, dumblucking into being on the board at the right time...

They all came across like petty assholes -- or, more accurately, "humans." As a petty asshole myself, it was great to see behind the curtain a bit.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    In the history of ETS, this is what is known as "drift" and in the old days, discussions like this could get you a "warning bar" and then you'd get the dreaded "flood control."
    i beg to differ. A member posted a random NIN story. That story inspired me to have random NIN thoughts, about the story as it relates to NIN. I'm pretty damn sure that I was in the right thread. Why you breaking my balls? I wouldn't have said anything if the story was about nirvana or acdc. It was a random nin thought.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Of all the Dragon Tattoo score material the number one song I wish they'd done live these past couple years is She Reminds Me of You. The droning guitar in it would've sounded mind-blowing with Robin doing it; his general style and guitar tone would've been perfect.

I'm jealous in general of everyone who got to see Hand Covers Bruise and/or What If We Could? live.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Of all the Dragon Tattoo score material the number one song I wish they'd done live these past couple years is She Reminds Me of You. The droning guitar in it would've sounded mind-blowing with Robin doing it; his general style and guitar tone would've been perfect.

I'm jealous in general of everyone who got to see Hand Covers Bruise and/or What If We Could? live.
    I would not be opposed to an evening of TR+AR doing selection from Ghosts and their scores

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I would not be opposed to an evening of TR+AR doing selection from Ghosts and their scores
    If they did a performance with a full orchestra of their score work, filmed and released it I'd probably never complain about The Fragile Reissue again.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If they did a performance with a full orchestra of their score work, filmed and released it I'd probably never complain about The Fragile Reissue again.
    I'm screenshotting that just in case

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    You pondered the STATE OF MIND or REASONING of THAT girl. That's a random psycho thought or a random nut thought or something that should maybe be in the mental health thread? Do whatever you want, Mr Sensitive, I'm not a mod. I'm just telling you about The Old Days (and that Matt locked her thread which should have been a hint to "move along" right there).
    OK, OK, you're probably right. The whole thing just fascinated me. And although you're not a mod, i certainly trust your judgement. I'll leave it alone. Now for a random nin thought. I think there is a surprise nin release right around the corner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    OK, OK, you're probably right. The whole thing just fascinated me. And although you're not a mod, i certainly trust your judgement. I'll leave it alone. Now for a random nin thought. I think there is a surprise nin release right around the corner.
    That's a damn good random thought. Although I'm sure you meant "soon" rather than around the corner.

Now for mine I suppose. Trent and/or Atticus would do an amazing job doing the sound design for the next Silent Hill game. Is sound design the correct term? In other words, I dun think they'd go make good noises for them Silent Hills

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    That's a damn good random thought. Although I'm sure you meant "soon" rather than around the corner.

Now for mine I suppose. Trent and/or Atticus would do an amazing job doing the sound design for the next Silent Hill game. Is sound design the correct term? In other words, I dun think they'd go make good noises for them Silent Hills
    I've wanted Trent to get involved in Silent Hill for a while now. Akira Yamaoka has openly listed NIN as one of the biggest influences on his score, and the hidden Ghosts track that wasn't the Demon Seed demo seemed to be straight out of SH. In general Trent doing anything horror-related would be great.
    @elevenism I'm kind of surprised Trent's not released any EPs digitally and has continued to focus so much on album cycles. Considering his constant recording and involvement in different things, I'd figure he'd be all for releasing a set of 4-6 songs with maybe a vinyl release as well for NIN. Broken being the only EP (and please let's not start debating whether it is or not, I'm talking just in the general sense) has always surprised me. Maybe the greatest hits release is going to come out this year? He openly said on Instagram he's making new music, maybe it's a couple of bonus tracks like how Satellite and Everything were meant as bonus tracks to make it a worthwhile release for collectors/hardcore fans rather than a typical "best of" release.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @elevenism I'm kind of surprised Trent's not released any EPs digitally and has continued to focus so much on album cycles. Considering his constant recording and involvement in different things, I'd figure he'd be all for releasing a set of 4-6 songs with maybe a vinyl release as well for NIN. Broken being the only EP (and please let's not start debating whether it is or not, I'm talking just in the general sense) has always surprised me. Maybe the greatest hits release is going to come out this year? He openly said on Instagram he's making new music, maybe it's a couple of bonus tracks like how Satellite and Everything were meant as bonus tracks to make it a worthwhile release for collectors/hardcore fans rather than a typical "best of" release.
    Trent makes albums. It's not just like some artists who churn out unrelated songs and music, he builds up a sound/idea over an LP. Yeah he could probably do an EP every now and then instead (and doing the odd Still-esque release would be great), but putting out a NIN EP every year means you'd end up with a lot of music and not a lot of NIN.

Also, fuck digital only releases, and any format exclusive releases.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    If the next nin record is another ghosts collection, I hope that the approach is different. I think the enormous potential was weakened by the two week, everything stays method. BTW @allegro , i wasn't being sensitive, i was half heartedly arguing a point that I kinda knew I was wrong about. But I AM thinking of changing my custom title to Mr sensitive

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    If the next nin record is another ghosts collection, I hope that the approach is different. I think the enormous potential was weakened by the two week, everything stays method. BTW @allegro , i wasn't being sensitive, i was half heartedly arguing a point that I kinda knew I was wrong about. But I AM thinking of changing my custom title to Mr sensitive

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent makes albums. It's not just like some artists who churn out unrelated songs and music, he builds up a sound/idea over an LP. Yeah he could probably do an EP every now and then instead (and doing the odd Still-esque release would be great), but putting out a NIN EP every year means you'd end up with a lot of music and not a lot of NIN.

Also, fuck digital only releases, and any format exclusive releases.
    I almost entirely agree, it's still surprising to me though. Considering the two HTDA EPs (and I get An Omen was meant as a teaser/appetizer for Welcome Oblivion to make up for the wait time) he's certainly not against the concept. I way prefer NIN as an album band, no question, but then again something the length of Broken is more than fine by me.

I take it you hated that An Omen was only digital/vinyl?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I almost entirely agree, it's still surprising to me though. Considering the two HTDA EPs (and I get An Omen was meant as a teaser/appetizer for Welcome Oblivion to make up for the wait time) he's certainly not against the concept. I way prefer NIN as an album band, no question, but then again something the length of Broken is more than fine by me.

I take it you hated that An Omen was only digital/vinyl?
    An Omen was totally a sampler - only 2 original tracks after all. And he uses the concept with the Seed releases, which of course are so easy to get now they're no longer hosted #sarcasim

Digital/vinyl I'm ~OK~ with, as CD is a dying medium etc, but there's still a lot of CD users - but it's still not great. Digital only is just crap, it limits the people who can hear it (not everyone has great bandwidth/DL cap, not everyone is in a country that can download etc); it lowers the value of the music by just churning out digital files; it's rarely offered in high quality; it means people who actually want to support a record store, or who can't download due to not having a card have to pirate or not have it; it devalues the album art to a jpeg; it creates false rarity when tracks go offline; it often promotes a sole retailer (Beats, Spotify, iTunes, Amazon exclusives etc). Yes, if you're a small band, or just putting out some acoustic versions you made last week for some quick cash, digital is fine. If you can afford it, and/or are making proper music, put it on something tangible.

Can you tell I don't like digital music?