Page 192 of 528 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    at first I was like WTF what song is this! and then I realized its not NIN, but the sound is heavily influenced for sure.

Composer is someone called Emmett Cooke, and he makes soundtracks too. Him and TR should get together and make soundtrack magic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The El-P remix of Only is my all time favorite NIN remix. Love that shit.
    It is really good. I recently put in things falling apart and forgot about how awesome it is. Take away most if not all of the starfuckers remixes (not my thing) and it is almost perfect. The first three tracks are amazing. Slipping away is like, THE, quintessential nine inch nails sound to me, from start to finish. The great collapse rules, that opening piano line being one of my favorite nin "riffs" ever. The wretched remix is fucking great.....if the starfuckers remixes were swapped with the keith hildebrandt mix of "the fragile" and the jerome dillion "la mer", it would be the best remix album. Almost more of a companion album. It was some good listening.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    at first I was like WTF what song is this! and then I realized its not NIN, but the sound is heavily influenced for sure.

Composer is someone called Emmett Cooke, and he makes soundtracks too. Him and TR should get together and make soundtrack magic.
    honestly, that really doesn't sound much like NIN to me, more like newer gary numan, if anything.

the video, however, was INCREDIBLE.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

"NIN" spelled backwards is "NIN"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've figured.

Anyway, as I sometimes still like to make random guesses for which year a new Nine Inch Nails album would come out, I'd probably still guess somewhere between 2016-2018 at this rate from the looks of it. I'd go for late 2016 or early 2018. Early or mid 2017 wouldn't be that bad either. I suppose I just still have fun with this from time to time, especially after being pleasantly surprised by Year Zero, Ghosts I-IV and The Slip, while also being there to have endured some of the wait in between The Fragile and With Teeth.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So earlier on this page, I shared my crappy little font page. Well, nostalgia got the best of me and I ended up resurrecting (and overhauling) my old geocities NIN page entirely. I tried to keep it simple and just include things that people might find useful. Feedback/suggestions welcome.

http://nindestruct.com/

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I think it looks great for what it is, as some of those Nine Inch Nails sites I've used to look up for fun back in the early 2000s have vanished. This is just me, but it probably would be nice to have a Facebook page and a Twitter account of your site as yet another way to have it spread around faster these days.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-19-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    So earlier on this page, I shared my crappy little font page. Well, nostalgia got the best of me and I ended up resurrecting (and overhauling) my old geocities NIN page entirely. I tried to keep it simple and just include things that people might find useful. Feedback/suggestions welcome.

I love that Bleedthrough artwork, I wish that concept had been kept

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I think it looks great for what it is, as some of those Nine Inch Nails sites I've used to look up for fun back in the early 2000s have vanished. This is just me, but it probably would be nice to have a Facebook page and a Twitter account of your site as yet another way to have it spread around faster these days.
    Thanks! I never thought of that, I just might!
    Last edited by Pyract; 11-19-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added quote

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post

oh my god i had totally forgotten the NIN RPG!!! i could barely get my computer to run it when i first found it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I love that Bleedthrough artwork, I wish that concept had been kept
    Same here!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    why does Marilyn Manson use NIN symbol as his new logo?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The logo is a form of trolling.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it's hella old news, but has his camp not gotten the goddamn memo?

it's fucking obnoxious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Dear Mr. Manson,

I'm not sure if you realize, but your new logo looks like some old NIN logo according to some NIN super fans who think about NIN all the time and associate practically anything with NIN. Please cease using this logo and, just to be safe, stop using the letter "M" in lowercase or uppercase. (It's totally ripping off the more awesome letter "N".)

Sincerely,
    NIN super fans

--

That memo?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Did you guys get the NIN merch email? If not, this is what the email said:

Hey guys,

We thought we'd send you this email to show you all the cool leftover merch from the summer U.S. tour since we haven't delivered on the Tension dvd, the Fragile Reissue or the Gone Girl vinyl.

Seasons greetings,
    NIN

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Gone Girl vinyl.
    We knew super early on that that's not coming until 2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Thank you for your interest in purchasing Nine Inch Nails products. We
    are unable to ship your order into your country. You have been refunded
    the full amount of your purchase.

Thank you for your support!"

But but why? I want those t-shirts so much And I live in the EU not the moon so dear nin.com, please shut up and take my money!

Any ideas on how to bypass this?
    Last edited by Edo; 11-19-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: afterthoughts, as usual

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Considering the style Trent has come into with the last few NIN albums, it occurred to me that if TDS came out tomorrow, the first portion of Mr. Self Destruct would be its own track. I wonder what it would be called?

...ok, I've taken this NIN obsession too far, I think.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Considering the style Trent has come into with the last few NIN albums, it occurred to me that if TDS came out tomorrow, the first portion of Mr. Self Destruct would be its own track. I wonder what it would be called?

The Beater of People

*bah dum tssssss*

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post

Eat Your Heart Out, George

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Dear Mr. Manson,

I'm not sure if you realize, but your new logo looks like some old NIN logo according to some NIN super fans who think about NIN all the time and associate practically anything with NIN. Please cease using this logo and, just to be safe, stop using the letter "M" in lowercase or uppercase. (It's totally ripping off the more awesome letter "N".)

Sincerely,
    NIN super fans

--

That memo?
    After reading that somebody in the Manson forum collected old make-up encrusted face wipes from backstage at a Manson show (eewww), I don't think NIN has the monopoly on weird obsessive fans around here

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @WorzelG - Check out the 2:59 - 3:16 mark. I also get that it's a joke, but still. I'm also sure that was @Hazekiah.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-20-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^ha, the 'lick Trent' thing, I just don't get that vibe from NIN audiences anymore

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    After reading that somebody in the Manson forum collected old make-up encrusted face wipes from backstage at a Manson show (eewww), I don't think NIN has the monopoly on weird obsessive fans around here
    I almost forgot to include this live video of Closer being interrupted altogether. That's also assuming that this wasn't staged too. It starts at the 2:21 mark of the video. I was also reminded of that moment when you said that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^that must have been some backstage practical joking hi-jinx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    The Beater of People

...is Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Haven't seen the Manson logo, lol. I've never paid much attention to Manson, was never an even remote fan..but ya, kinda lame. Doesn't look nearly as cool either. There is only one NIN! Many imitators but there's only one! BTW, who listens to Manson anymore? lol.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    The logo is a form of trolling.
    I'm actually suspecting that as well. It's very hard for me to imagine Marilyn Manson not realizing the similarity it has to Sin. It's like his way of saying, "Guess who and what I'm referring to this time?" without actually asking that question out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Haven't seen the Manson logo, lol. I've never paid much attention to Manson, was never an even remote fan..but ya, kinda lame. Doesn't look nearly as cool either. There is only one NIN! Many imitators but there's only one!
    I don't like it all that much either, as I'm sure that it could've been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    BTW, who listens to Manson anymore? lol.
    Aside from myself, I suppose these guys do. (I get it, but I just couldn't help myself. My bad.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-22-2014 at 06:09 PM.