Page 146 of 528 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 15835

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Random NIN thought for you -

The stomping beat sound in the intro to Mr. Self Destruct still sounds so awesome all these years later to the point it's my ringtone. BOOM....BOOM...BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Now that should be on endless looping for a pointless Youtube video that stretches over an hour.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Gordon View Post

The stomping beat sound in the intro to Mr. Self Destruct still sounds so awesome all these years later to the point it's my ringtone. BOOM....BOOM...BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Now that should be on endless looping for a pointless Youtube video that stretches over an hour.
    I agree, THX 1130 IS a good film :P

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    The downsides to having parents that like NIN #37: hearing your mum say "fistfuck".
    And that actually triggered yet another random thought of me thinking about how Wish is the same song with the lyrics: "This is the first day of my last days."

(Considering how Mother's Day is tomorrow, with a mother saying that, and it got me to think about about birth and death, which is exactly like a countdown anyway.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-10-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Gordon View Post

I've always imagined some type of crazy percussion with that sound during some parts of Mr Self Destruct's chorus. That's also one of my favorite sounds from The Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    With the phrases "Nine Inch Nails mastermind", "Nine Inch Nails slams", and "Trent Reznor slams", I was still a little bit surprised to see that there weren't any Mastermind and slammers jokes, pictures, and videos with Nine Inch Nails on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterm...8board_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs

And speaking of pogs, I've always loved the idea of seeing Nine Inch Nails on pogs and slammers. That really would've been something, since Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, and The Downward Spiral all came out right on time during the fad's heyday. If they actually existed, I'd try to get some from eBay if I could.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    March of the Pogs?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Wondering Trent Reznor's favorite Bowie albums...

I remember an interview where he mentions that "Scary Monsters" was his first Bowie album but he loves "Low", but i was wondering if they are their favorite releases or just two highly influential albums, i was also looking for that 90's interview, i think it was done around the "Self Destruction" tour...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    March of the Pogs?
    I'll raise you a Poggy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm going to my first NIN show in August.

My body is ready.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I'm going to my first NIN show in August.

My body is ready.
    Prepare your diddly hole.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Prepare your diddly hole.
    All in.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    hahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "You've got me all wrong, sir. I'm only 70% minority....whatever the fuck that means..."

"Mmmmmm fluoride..."

"Dammit, isn't fluoride damaging my body?"

"I don't want cancer!"

"I don't know what to believe anymore."

"My stomach feels weird...I think I've been drinking too fast."

"Is the discomfort in my intestines or my stomach?"

(unorganized thoughts of trent reznor)

"Why am I here?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME!"

"FRAAAAAGIIIIILE SHE DOESN'T KNOW HER BEAUTY...I.CANT.WATCH.HER.SLIP.AWAY...."

"Hahah! I just watched you slip away..."

NIN

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What did I just read?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Beats me..

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It seems like a scattered reference to The Fragile, With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I don't sing and have no clue about anything vocal related. But, is it possible to unstrain yiour voice? Trent can't do some songs or parts live anymore because his voice has gotten worn over the years. Is there training he can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    It's possible to permanently strain your voice, however that doesn't appear to be the case with Trent. His voice is just progressively changing with age, which usually results in a deeper voice. You can really tell in comparing his speaking voice now compared to older interviews and what not. But this means that higher notes and the piercing screams he used to do aren't quite where they used to be in relation to his current vocal range.

I don't think I've ever heard Trent sound like he really strained his voice to the point it affected his singing, which is surprising, since he's always gone pretty much balls out in any of the shows I've seen or listened to, especially the older ones where he did a lot more screaming. Case in point, I was just listening to that Stanhope Lolla show that @RITCNIN posted and that's a VERY aggressive show, but his vocals hold up the whole time.
    Well, this gives me a nice segue to what I came to post here in the first place.

I was watching through videos from Helsinki and somehow I hadn't been aware of Alessandro doing the high pitched vocals at the end of The Becoming. As if I didn't even at all hear it at the actual show. Caught it now and was just WHOA THAT'S AWESOME. Really dug him in All Time Low post-Tension, now if we could get that for In Two as well!

From 3:51. He also does his thing in Gave Up, which is conveniently included. Not embedding the time since you're gonna want to watch the whole thing anyway.

Last edited by Fangster_; 05-11-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good for that crowd being able to clap to the song in 6/8 without fucking it up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    The Becoming is 13/8 (except Annie part).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I don't advertise, at all, so ETS only grows by word of mouth, and occasionally the release of lost Coil remixes of NIN songs. While this makes for slow growth (If we're in fact even growing), it does make for a more tightly knit community. Sometimes a little too tight, which is why I enjoy a @billpulsipher fucking things up now and then.
    I've actually thought of making simple flyers with the URLs to ETS and The NIN Hotline on them, with brief descriptions as to what they're about. I also thought of trying to put the NIN logo on it, and also make sure it says Nine Inch Nails on it, as I'd be tempted to post them in random places where flyers are allowed to be posted, or where flyers would be most likely to last for a while. (And for that very reason, I'd most likely throw in NIN Wiki in there as well.)

I've so far at least let anybody else I've known that liked NIN in real life about ETS and The NIN Hotline though, but I've still yet to see them here, or they just weren't interested in message boards altogether, but heck, it's still quite fun to promote ETS and The NIN Hotline to other NIN fans I've met in real life whenever I can.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-12-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Is it just me, or does Trent seem somewhat different than usual in the performance? He seems a lot more energetic and also seems to be signing in a higher pitch than he usually does now. It may just be me, but maybe not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Is it just me, or does Trent seem somewhat different than usual in the performance? He seems a lot more energetic and also seems to be signing in a higher pitch than he usually does now. It may just be me, but maybe not.
    I agree. His voice really does sound a bit higher than usual, especially compared to BYIT which was recorded a year prior.

This sounds much more like AATCHB Trent if you ask me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm listening to The Line Begins to Blur from BYIT at work right now. Goddamn. I don't think there's a single NIN fan that could say anything negative about Line Begins to Blur, I'd say it's NIN's "phattest" jam. I've said this before and I'll say it again: I believe Line Begins to Blur into Beside You In Time into Right Where It Belongs is NIN's pinnacle.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I'm listening to The Line Begins to Blur from BYIT at work right now. Goddamn. I don't think there's a single NIN fan that could say anything negative about Line Begins to Blur, I'd say it's NIN's "phattest" jam. I've said this before and I'll say it again: I believe Line Begins to Blur into Beside You In Time into Right Where It Belongs is NIN's pinnacle.
    Ooooooh, that could easily go into the controversial opinions thread. There's a surprising amount of hate for that song. Personally? Love it. It's great on the album, but the live version definitely stomps on it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    It sort of made me wish that a little bit more of With Teeth sounded that way. It's also one of my favorite songs from With Teeth.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ooooooh, that could easily go into the controversial opinions thread. There's a surprising amount of hate for that song. Personally? Love it. It's great on the album, but the live version definitely stomps on it.

What don't people like about it? I've never seen people say anything bad; I'd love to know what people could criticize.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    For months now I've been hearing Closer in my head with rather … odd vocals.

Today they snapped into focus: it's Fozzie Bear (wocka wocka wocka) doing the verses and Gonzo the Great on the chorus.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    For months now I've been hearing Closer in my head with rather … odd vocals.

Today they snapped into focus: it's Fozzie Bear (wocka wocka wocka) doing the verses and Gonzo the Great on the chorus.
    Well that certainly lived up to the thread subject.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The Quiet version of TDTWWA from the single of it is so incredible and beats so much shit out of the original.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well that certainly lived up to the thread subject.
    Glad to be of service.

While dozing tonight it went floating through my head again, and I think I was a bit off. It's more like Gonzo on vocals all the way through, but with Fozzie (and probably 50 other Muppets) yukking it up behind him.

I'd love to see a balls-to-the-wall Muppet remake of the Closer video. But this is just as brilliant in its own way: