Page 132 of 528 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    How cool would it be for Trent to go on WTF and have a conversation with Marc Maron? Love that podcast. It's the only one where I could listen to any episode of because of how great of a host Marc is.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    How cool would it be for Trent to go on WTF and have a conversation with Marc Maron? Love that podcast. It's the only one where I could listen to any episode of because of how great of a host Marc is.
    I remember Marc actually reached out to Trent on Twitter about this once, after his podcasts with Maynard and Josh Homme. I would love this, Marc is fantastic.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'd rather see Trent on Pensado's Place, seems more fitting
    (Or Atticus/Alan/Ally)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'd rather see Trent on Pensado's Place, seems more fitting
    (Or Atticus/Alan/Ally)
    Different strokes. Maybe I'm a pleb but I'm far more interested in the person and where the emotion comes from than I am about the technical aspects of the music.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thought I heard cricket noise in WITT..or was it Just Like You Imagined? One of those.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Different strokes. Maybe I'm a pleb but I'm far more interested in the person and where the emotion comes from than I am about the technical aspects of the music.
    True, but Trent normally does that kinda interview, Pensado's is almost unique and something that someone of Trent's musical scope could really show off in

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Has Trent been on any podcasts?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    All Tire Low?
    Last edited by botley; 03-29-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I have such a girl crush on Ilan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Okay so don't get me wrong, Ilan is great, but has he gotten a little pudgier since LITS?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan829 View Post
    Okay so don't get me wrong, Ilan is great, but has he gotten a little pudgier since LITS?
    Perhaps, but I don't care. I like a little meat on my guy. Plus, wasn't Ilan something like 21 for LITS? He was just a kid!!!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    listened to the DTS version of [with_teeth] today and goddamn I love that album!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Perhaps, but I don't care. I like a little meat on my guy. Plus, wasn't Ilan something like 21 for LITS? He was just a kid!!!
    Didn't mean to say that he looks bad or anything. Just something I thought I noticed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    You're only human. It's pretty impossible not to have a crush on a man with hair that fabulous.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    You're only human. It's pretty impossible not to have a crush on a man with hair that fabulous.
    Hell yeah!!! I almost feel like a perv for admitting it because I am like 6 to 8 years older than him, but hot damn!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I feel like Trent gave up on April Fools day since he can never top Strobe Light.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    There has been original music, remixes, guest appearances or produced work by Trent released every year since 1985. Is he aware he's never actually had a hiatus?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    the ACL Sanctified reinforces a problem I increasingly have with modern presentations of music --

the music sounds absolutely incredible

however, everyone except Trent, Pino, and the backup singers looks incredibly bored and borderline silly. the live show is almost entirely dependent on the visuals, which is great when it works (man I wish I could go back and see HTDA again!) but stripped down like this...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Trent should invite a live drummer into the studio again like he did on with teeth.
    I miss that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    the ACL Sanctified reinforces a problem I increasingly have with modern presentations of music --

however, everyone except Trent, Pino, and the backup singers looks incredibly bored and borderline silly. the live show is almost entirely dependent on the visuals, which is great when it works (man I wish I could go back and see HTDA again!) but stripped down like this...
    Not sure if that's only a modern problem. Seems to me like a lot of bands have had different ways of getting over looking bored or silly, whether it's dancing around and antics or looking very formal and uniform so you don't pay attention to them . . . They can end up looking silly in retrospect anyway - artificial, I guess.

Anyway, not saying I disagree, but I prefer bands looking silly or bored over the alternative of playing only music or venues that look cool.

And, speaking of looking silly, did anyone else watch the Capital Cities concert on the Lollapalooza live stream?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Not sure if that's only a modern problem. Seems to me like a lot of bands have had different ways of getting over looking bored or silly, whether it's dancing around and antics or looking very formal and uniform so you don't pay attention to them . . . They can end up looking silly in retrospect anyway - artificial, I guess.

Anyway, not saying I disagree, but I prefer bands looking silly or bored over the alternative of playing only music or venues that look cool.

And, speaking of looking silly, did anyone else watch the Capital Cities concert on the Lollapalooza live stream?
    well, yes and no

it's pretty modern in that there's a lot more 'knob-tweakin' and backing tracks going these days. like in this one, Ilan is (barely) playing (what looks like) Maschine. had he been actually playing drums, you've got way more of a visual presentation already. this is an aesthetic choice here, and it's one that just doesn't really do it for me. but it's all good.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    well, yes and no

it's pretty modern in that there's a lot more 'knob-tweakin' and backing tracks going these days. like in this one, Ilan is (barely) playing (what looks like) Maschine. had he been actually playing drums, you've got way more of a visual presentation already. this is an aesthetic choice here, and it's one that just doesn't really do it for me. but it's all good.
    Isn't this a product of having an 8 piece band at this point though - when they went down to a 4 piece in Australia people seemed to have more complaints of too much being put on backing tracks than they did in Tension (although I haven't seen either, so I guess I'm just going on what people say in the tour journals / twitter etc)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

hard to act natural when there are 5 cameras staring at your face

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Weird how on April 1 2012 (I think) Rob did a dumb little April Fools thing where he pretended to tweet at TR, looking for approval for a NIN tour announcement.

Cut to two years later, April 1 2014, and they're actually halfway through a world tour...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    After all these years, he should be so used to that that it doesn't even phase him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    well, they've been having thousands of fans staring at them for a few years, so I'm not really sure I agree with your argument, but thats besides the point -- I'm not asking to act natural, in fact, the opposite -- act excited! it's just not that dynamic to occasionally push a button on maschine. again, this was a deliberate stylistic choice and I respect that, just musing on my own preferences

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This might be short sighted. But Trent was talking about in the austin city limits interview (cut to loud breathing noises of the interviewer), how he is bored with the aggressive style of nin. Yet, he is doing it now, and he is probably going to do it with the soundgarden tour. Am I the only one who wants Trent to explore/experiment NIN more live?

anyway....

Also, Trent mentioned he has a long way to go as a song writer and really wants to get better at evoking emotion.

Dude, i have cried several times while listening to your music. I think you got the whole evoking emotion thing down pretty good.
    Last edited by NINisamazing; 04-03-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    When I saw the newest Muppets movie, I had a hard time not thinking about this.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

That ACL interview is really great. I hope he continues to make music well into his twilight years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post

Also, Trent mentioned he has a long way to go as a song writer and really wants to get better at evoking emotion.

Dude, i have cried several times while listening to your music. I think you got the whole evoking emotion thing down pretty good.
    It's probably not just about being humble, although I'm sure that's a little of it. It's probably mostly wrapped up in the whole idea of challenging himself, discomfort used as a tool for growth and discovery, not getting lazy and bored. That sort of thing. It's admirable. He's not being insecure and baiting for compliments.