Thread: Y34R Z3R0 - Nine Inch Nails club night, London, 16 Mar 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Y34R Z3R0 - Nine Inch Nails club night, London, 16 Mar 2013

Hey NINjas. How's it going? I run a club night dedicated to the music of NIN and HDA in London, England. Anyone fancy coming down?

If so, come on down to Y34R Z3R0 on Saturday 16 March at The London Stone. The action kicks off at 10pm and your hosts - myself (DJ Shadowchaser) and DJ Static - will be joined by guest DJs Miss Bleep and Reynard Vulpes. We'll be playing all the classic hits, rare demos and kick-ass remixes. In addition, we'll play stuff by bands/acts linked to NIN.

Entry is only £4, but there will be FREE CAKE and a RAFFLE on the night - will you win our NIИcredible prize? Only one way to find out...

And if you're Irish, enjoy the first few hours of St Patrick's Day here - come for the craic!

Here's the event page on Facebook if you want to come along: http://www.facebook.com/events/38784...ref=ts&fref=ts

And if you want to keep up to date with the club night's news, join our group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/Y34RZ...ref=ts&fref=ts

So join us for the ride. See you at Y34R Z3R0 in March!

TRAVEL INFO:
    Venue: The London Stone, 105 Cannon Street, London EC4N 5AD, UK
    Nearest subway lines: Bank (Central, Northern, Waterloo & City lines, DLR); Monument/Mansion House (both Circle and District lines); Cannon Street is closed on Saturdays
    Night buses operate from around The London Stone - click here for map courtesy of Transport for London (http://bit.ly/UPEZD4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds NINcredible.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I might go just to see people dancing to Closer only to be segued into A Drowning

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I might go just to see people dancing to Closer only to be segued into A Drowning
    I'll only dance to Happiness in Slavery segueing into Corona Radiata.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been. Enjoy 50 remixes of Ruiner and Heresy mixed with EBM music.

Also this has been x-posted to two forums in this board, and the user has only ever posted to promote his night and not once in the appropriate thread (arguably the UK thread). Quel spam.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    NINTEREsTING!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    wait.. people dance to NIN? NINSENSE!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav Gahan View Post
    there will be FREE CAKE
    Will it have herbs in it?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    FREE CAKE
    The cake is a lie.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Y34R Z3R0 - Nine Inch Nails club night, London, 16 Mar 2013

Well that escalated quickly.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I heard they don't serve cakes in England, only pudding

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't know about you guys, but while I read that, I was reminded of this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A million thanks and LOLs to everyone who replied. If you're in town that night, we can't wait to see you.
    @BenAkenobi : Yep, we serve cake. Pudding is TOO sloppy for a night such as ours.
    @slave2thewage : Nope, the cake is not a lie. We really DO give away free cake by of saying thanks for coming to Y34R Z3R0.
    @icklekitty: True, I've rarely made an appearance on Echoing The Sound. But I'll be making more appearances on here discussing other topics on here. And no, they won't be spam, as you have suggested ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Camille Herbs? In cake? Hahahaha! XD

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Do all posts with terrible puns get Likes? That's NINsane.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    NIN

[ten characters]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

I'm sad to announce that our forthcoming Y34R Z3R0 event has now been cancelled indefinitely. Y34R Z3R0 is closing its doors for good. This was due to dwindling support back home in the UK and an atrocious economy. It's a shame that we've had to cancel because of this and believe us when we say that wanted to make sure this night went ahead.

However, for any naysayers out there who thought this event was a joke, you may have won for now. But we'll be back. One way or another.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for understanding.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    broaden it a bit, make it more of a general industrial rock thing. There surely must be a market for a night playing industrial, noise rock etc. Everywhere plays stoner/death and the really technoey sounding industrial. I've been going to london rock type clubs and pubs for years and have yet to hear a DJ play revolting cocks or young gods

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Well, that's NINsappointing. I think I did that right.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    broaden it a bit, make it more of a general industrial rock thing. There surely must be a market for a night playing industrial, noise rock etc. Everywhere plays stoner/death and the really technoey sounding industrial. I've been going to london rock type clubs and pubs for years and have yet to hear a DJ play revolting cocks or young gods
    You really should go to Underworld more. And sometimes, Heaven @ G-A-Y

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Underworld as in Camden Town? afaik they only do pop and indie (and metal bands)

been to heaven a few times but can't really remember what got played (lol)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit this thread is great haha...almost fell out of my chair laughing.

'Who wants to come to our club?'
    'Never mind, we're closed.'

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Try Reptile on Saturday - at the very least I can introduce you to some DJs who will play what you're looking for (I know one that is a huge industrial geek and loves a challenge). Dead&Buried is good for the gothabilly/post-punk end of noise rock too. There's also an occasional night called ...Rivet...something. It's run by one of the guys that used to run Vagabonds and someone who currently DJs at Slimelight (I know, I know).

Aaah. I miss organising meet-ups.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Underworld as in Camden Town? afaik they only do pop and indie (and metal bands)

been to heaven a few times but can't really remember what got played (lol)
    Just don't go on weekends. That's actually the general rule to hearing good music at clubs, just avoid fri/sat/sun.

Does Borderline still do club nights? They used to have some decent shit sometimes.