Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Amnesia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amnesia

Have any of you played this game?

I don't even if I would call it a game. I would call it engaged survival horror. You can not play this game with out looking around every corner. Turning on the lights and taking your headphones off. A truly terrifying experience. There are no guns, or knives. Just sanity. I have been trying to finish this game for well over a year and finally got back into it once I heard about a parallel sequel in the works by the people of Dear Esther. With it's Resident Evil-esque puzzles and murky under belly of fear, this game is not about winning but experiencing and takes 'gaming' into an entirely different genre that I would contest parental audience that games are not just for mindless kids.

To put this game on your radars, get on Steam.

And the newly announced sequel Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am dying to try this game. I've never had a pc good enough to play anything close to it sadly and right now all I have is a laptop. When I finally get a good gaming pc, I'm gonna get a brilliant pair of headphones and a couple hundred pairs of underwear. Games generally dont scare me but I watched a short gameplay clip of this and I can easily see it terrifying the literal shit out of me. Refuse to watch anything else of it and I already know a little bit more about it than I'd like. Saying that, the part I know, I think I'd need a bit of a heads up about it anyway if I'm ever to get past it. Someday soon...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If you have a decent laptop like I do, you could run this at Med/high settings.

Game is awesome. Still yet to beat it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well its my fiances laptop so I dont wanna mess it up with a load of games. Also, I'm hoping to get a really good pc so I can play it at the highest settings. It'll be a long time untill I can afford such a thing but I'm willing to wait the extra time to get the best specs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck this fucking fucking fuck

I'm turning on the lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just beat the Dark Descent about 2 weeks ago. Probably one of the best and most memorable gaming experiences. Now onto some meat...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Hole...yyyy...shit.. is this game freaking scary and weird. I found out about this game when I was looking up the best PC games in the last 3 years or so and this seemed to be at the top of the list every time. Downloaded my driver so I can play this and once you start playing you are sucked into the creepy atmosphere of this game. Now this is survival horror and makes Resident Evil look like a a joke; No weapons, no life bar.. just using your wits and your brain to run or hide from the freaky ass enemies that are in the game. I really, really hope that some of you on ETS have played this game and enjoy it as much as I do.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I have yet to finish it and Justine. But its awesome. Watch bane play this game on YouTube.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've had my eye on it for quite a while but I'm waiting for it to have a sale. It looks and sounds amazing but I can't afford to spend $20 on something that's going to make my cry for 2 hours then piss myself while my brother laughs at me from the next room.

That said, I'm gonna have a go at the demo. If I can make it through that, I'll probably buy the whole thing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just downloaded it from Pirate Bay It was a little overwhelming for me at first, but once you get familiar with the game you will not want to stop because of the way it sucks you into the atmosphere of the game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Its sequel, A Machine for Pigs, looks equally interesting:

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    It's on my list to play. Perhaps I should bump it up.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Its sequel, A Machine for Pigs, looks equally interesting:

Ahh you beat me to it! It is set in the same universe so i am very intrigued with this. Have to find the time to finish the first one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ahh you beat me to it! It is set in the same universe so i am very intrigued with this. Have to find the time to finish the first one.
    Have to find the nerve to finish the first one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Playing the full version of this I bought from a steam sale - only encountered the noise of the first monster and ran away, kind of too scared to go on! I also just wasted all my tinderboxes and lamp oil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got to the prison section with no tinderboxes or lamp oil.... err it took me a while to finish.

Great game though very excited for the new one.