Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
@Leviathant hey, I've been trying to record a bunch of parts we've been putting together in the Tempest and were trying to multitrack record it out to the computer. I tried running the six voices simultaneously into my audio interface, and it did separate the voices, but the result was kind of unusable because it would be putting different sounds on different voices... like, voice one would have the kick, then the kick would be on voice 2 or something, and then the hi hat would show up toggling between voices 1 or 4 or whatever...

So actually getting the "sounds" I want on their own respective channels seemed to be a more laborious process than just going through and individually dumping the solo'd parts... which is really not an effective way to go about things. Do you have any suggestions?
First question, and my apologies for a 'Did you check the plug' question, but are you using insert cables on the indie outs? They're stereo output. If you're careful about programming and voice assignment on account of "feedback" only affecting the left channel, you can technically get 12 outputs if you pan hard left & rigth.

In general, I've taken to assigning each pad to a specific voice. At first, this arose out of an issue I had with using the filter to make sine-wave kicks. There were subtle differences between voices 1-6, so by setting that kick to always be voice 1 (or whatever), I got a consistent kick. Eventually, because of the occasional weird voice cutoff, I found it made sense to just assign every single pad to a specific voice. I'm a little bit predisposed to this given that I got my start in music on tracker software, and early on only had four channels to work with - got used to putting the kick, hihat, and snare on the same channel, especially if I had a snare sample that was really a kick + a snare.